Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    So in other words he can fly faster than Flash can run. But obviously out of kindness to the many Flash fans, the picture itself can’t show that.
    But both Wally and Barry were shown to smoke a flying Superman in the latest Flash issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    But both Wally and Barry were shown to smoke a flying Superman in the latest Flash issue.
    Of course they are. The relevant clue is the latest Flash comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Uhm did you ever read Golden Age WW, Marston let her catch up to Supes by literally replicating his feats(which is why we got first speeding bullets, locomotives and so on)?
    Right, did it ever happen when she was shown with Superman? In their own comic even someone like Captain Atom or Martian Manhunter get top billings.

Any actual comic commenting that they were equal or just her creator making a random comment which no writer followed through with? Because silver age or for that matter golden age WW was hardly Superman's equal. Superman was running at lightspeed since action comics 5.

Any equivalent feat from golden age WW?
    Last edited by Superfan90; 07-04-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    And in latest MOS issue Superman flew so fast Barry had no clue where he was.

And Electric Superman (slower than real Superman) flew so fast Wally couldn't even see him properly.
    Last edited by Superfan90; 07-04-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

Joshua Williamson gave the Top 10 fastest beings in the current continuity.

Discuss.
    Sorry but that this list be taken seriously? I mean I know it's not really set in stone, a writer can come along and upset this whole list, but.... Since when was Shazam "granted the speed of Hermes"?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    And in latest MOS issue Superman flew so fast Barry had no clue where he was.
    Which I hope would let you guys know that "speed levels" like "power levels" are utterly meaningless. Whoever the writers wants to be fastest is fastest, same with strength.

I'm just happy to see Wally is at the top.

Extraordinary Member

Shouldn't Thawne logically be #1? He is the fastest, he just doesn't go the fastest. Superman could completely mutilate Batman in seconds, but he doesn't, doesn't make him less powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Which I hope would let you guys know that "speed levels" like "power levels" are utterly meaningless. Whoever the writers wants to be fastest is fastest, same with strength.

I'm just happy to see Wally is at the top.
    I know. It's just that somehow Superman being fast enough to challenge Flash is in itself an insult to Flash. Nobody can be fast enough to challenge a Flash because obviously they have the monopoly on speed.

I mean it's pretty bizarre that the character who started the whole speedster concept (newsflash, it's Superman not Flash) is supposed to be so far below Flash because *speed is his only power*.

He's not a speedster, he has chronokinesis powers. If you count him, he would be far ahead of anyone on this list.
    It's kind of a fine line if you discount him as a speedster because of how his powers work given that speed, time, and space are relative. Characters with connection to the speed force also have chronokinesis, but that doesn't make any of them any less of a speedster.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It's kind of a fine line if you discount him as a speedster because of how his powers work given that speed, time, and space are relative. Characters with connection to the speed force also have chronokinesis, but that doesn't make any of them any less of a speedster.
    Hunter doesn't have a connection to speed force and he doesn't run. He skips through time. It's really not the same thing. The last issue showed Hunter taking out the ENTIRE JUSTICE LEAGUE without blinking. Comparing him to others is no fair and everyone knows that he's the true fastest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Well i don't think Supes should be above the Black Racer, but the rest looks decent.
    That stood out to me as well. Flash should be the only character to out race death. He’s done it before.

Hunter doesn't have a connection to speed force and he doesn't run. He skips through time. It's really not the same thing. The last issue showed Hunter taking out the ENTIRE JUSTICE LEAGUE without blinking. Comparing him to others is no fair and everyone knows that he's the true fastest one.
    He was amped with two new forces "Strength force" and "sage force". And once again in a Flash comic.

When he appeared in Action Comics 831, he couldn't even beat Bizarro in a footrace.

And lost to a blind Wonder Woman in Wonder Woman 214.

If your only criteria for a character to be fast is how they appear in their own comic, sure the Flashes are.

But the same writer had Superman match Flash at his top speed in Metal.

And Barry was going as fast as he could.

Last edited by Superfan90; 07-04-2018 at 01:12 PM.

He was amped with two new forces "Strength force" and "sage force". And once again in a Flash comic.

When he appeared in Action Comics, he couldn't even beat Bizarro in a footrace.
    He was trying to convince Bizarro though. And Hunter took out Trinity & JL several times. Sinestro Corps War, Infinite Crisis etc. His & Eobard's flaw is that they don't fight to defeat or kill, they toy with their enemies.

Hunter without the amp could took out the entire league before (and did as well), those amp ups are only overkill.

He was trying to convince Bizarro though. And Hunter took out Trinity & JL several times. Sinestro Corps War, Infinite Crisis etc. His & Eobard's flaw is that they don't fight to defeat or kill, they toy with their enemies.

Hunter without the amp could took out the entire league before (and did as well), those amp ups are only overkill.
    Bizarro only agreed to join the crime society if Zoom beat him in a race.

You'll notice only when his creator Geoff "This was a charity" Johns was writing him. Who got so pissed that not all writers were bowing down to his character, he Depowered the character rather than let any other writer use him.

When Dan Jurgens wrote Superman, Superman casually slapped Thawne away when he tried to blitz him.

You think Hunter is going to beat Superman outside a Flash comic? Even Geoff Johns had Kal L oneshot Zoom like nothing. Power Girl straight up laughed at Zoom trying to hurt her when Kurt Busiek wrote him in Trinity.
    Last edited by Superfan90; 07-04-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Why? Superman is historically the only hero who could match Flash.

It's called SUPERspeed for a reason. Superman was fast before Flash was even a concept.
    I know what Superspeed is thank you. The Flashes should just not be topped in my opinion which is why I said Wondy, Shazam, and Supes should be on the bottom with the exception of Cheetah tagging both Wondy and Supes.