Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

shazam (captain marvel) should be higher

And Hunter was trying to talk Bizarro all the way through so he had to slow down (in his full speed he can't be contacted)

The point is: Hunter is a league on his own, Wally had to combine to speeds of ENTIRE flashfamily to even out with him, let alone beating him. Please don't compare Hunter to any non-speedster.

And that Jurgens page is clearly PiS.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

This reminds me of Morrison's JLA #20. Where Supes, Wondy, Wally and J'onn demonstrated FTL speeds casually.

Also, Diana kept pace with Jesse Quick back in the 90s.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 07-04-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    And Hunter was trying to talk Bizarro all the way through so he had to slow down (in his full speed he can't be contacted)

The point is: Hunter is a league on his own, Wally had to combine to speeds of ENTIRE flashfamily to even out with him, let alone beating him. Please don't compare Hunter to any non-speedster.
    And the same writer (Geoff Johns) had Jesse Quick oneshot him.

I like how we should forget about any other speedster even managing to hit Zoom because obviously he is never been hit. He beat FLASH!!!

And that Jurgens page is clearly PiS.
    This is not rumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    This reminds me of Morrison's JLA #20. Where Supes, Wondy, Wally and J'onn demonstrated FTL speeds casually.

That was Mark Waid actually.

And Diana was using Jesse to aid her in keeping up.

That happens with Wally lending his speed apparently.

Quicks are not really all fast but you never know in modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    That happens with Wally lending his speed apparently.

Quicks are not really all fast but you never know in modern times.
    Only to Hippolyta.

My overall ranking would be like (Hunter included)

1- Hunter
    (gap)

2- Wally
    3- Barry = Eobard
    4- Black Flash/Black Racer
    (gap)
    5- Bart Allen
    6- Superman
    7- Jesse Quick
    8- Jay Garrick
    9- Max Mercury
    10- Cheetah
    11- Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Right, did it ever happen when she was shown with Superman? In their own comic even someone like Captain Atom or Martian Manhunter get top billings.

Any actual comic commenting that they were equal or just her creator making a random comment which no writer followed through with? Because silver age or for that matter golden age WW was hardly Superman's equal. Superman was running at lightspeed since action comics 5.

Any equivalent feat from golden age WW?
    Uhm what?

Of course are their own books the main source, heck Wonder Woman was in the 1940s not even oficially part of the DC0verse but of All-American Publications instead.

There are countless such comments, even more so after CoIE.

and even Wonder Girl did crazy speed-**** like this here already very early on:

heck the Wonder Family even literally tornadoed through space:

Last edited by Rightoya; 04-19-2022 at 07:39 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

That is Hippolyta in the first two scans not Diana, which is why Wally lends her speed.

Oh and in that moment was Wonder Woman using Jesse Quick as a wind shield to spare energy, but she kept easily up with her earlier.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-19-2022 at 07:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Black Racer should be right after The Flashes. I remember... Final Crisis, was it, that they really have a hard time trying to survive him. Well, to be honest I don't know how Zoom and Black Racer fare against each other. If Zoom's considered Barry's level then I guess he can be in front of Black Racer too.

If Billy has the speed of Hermes than he should be side by side with Wonder Woman, who was also granted the speed of Hermes, and Jay Garrick if we want to add him, since he got the speed of Mercury, the Earth-2 counterpart of Hermes

I don't know enough about the others, but I'm surprised that Godspeed is that low. I thought his thing was he's so fast he can be in two places at once... but he does overload so I guess this is counting his consistent speed.

Retired

The reasoning in some of those captions seems wonky. So Superman is fastest when he flies, but not when he runs on the ground. But this seems to mean that Superman is in fact faster. When woulld he be forced to run on the ground? In a charity race? If it's about who gets there first, surely Superman would because he has flight and other skills that help him.

And then what about the Quick family? They can fly. Jesse should be quicker because she's not running on the ground--and she can access the Speed Force. I also think in the 1940s that Johnny Quick was meant to be faster than the Flash (Jay Garrick). When Mort Meskin drew Johnny, it seemed like Johnny was in several places at once.

But really these are arbitrary measures. If the heroes are using magic that means they can bend the laws of nature--so that might give them the edge over Superman. If it's purely based in physics then Superman should have an edge because he's invulnerable and super-strong--normal physical forces that would impede others wouldn't stop him.

And if a being can jump through time and space--how much of this is simple velocity and how much is quantum mechanics? Maybe the Atom is the fastest at the subatomic level.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Here you go.

Thank you.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Uhm what?

Of course are their own books the main source, hell WW was in the 1940s not even oficially part of the DCverse but of All-American Publications instead.

There are countless such comments, even more so after CoIE.

And even freaking Wondergirl did crazy speedshit like this here already very early on:

Hell the Wonder Family even literally tornadoed through space XD:

Right, so only her own comic showed it and it was never mentioned when teamed up with Superman. Good to know.

Those are random speed feats which Superman could do in his sleep. When Wonder Woman gets fast enough to build cities in seconds, do let me know.

Last edited by Superfan90; 07-04-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The reasoning in some of those captions seems wonky. So Superman is fastest when he flies, but not when he runs on the ground. But this seems to mean that Superman is in fact faster. When woulld he be forced to run on the ground? In a charity race? If it's about who gets there first, surely Superman would because he has flight and other skills that help him.

And then what about the Quick family? They can fly. Jesse should be quicker because she's not running on the ground--and she can access the Speed Force. I also think in the 1940s that Johnny Quick was meant to be faster than the Flash (Jay Garrick). When Mort Meskin drew Johnny, it seemed like Johnny was in several places at once.

But really these are arbitrary measures. If the heroes are using magic that means they can bend the laws of nature--so that might give them the edge over Superman. If it's purely based in physics then Superman should have an edge because he's invulnerable and super-strong--normal physical forces that would impede others wouldn't stop him.

And if a being can jump through time and space--how much of this is simple velocity and how much is quantum mechanics? Maybe the Atom is the fastest at the subatomic level.
    That part meant that Superman is the fastest flying person since Flashes can’t fly. The most recent issue showed that flying can’t get him close to Flashes at all.

In short speed is Flash’s domain.

Quicks are not included because they are not reintroduced yet.