Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I wonder where Supergirl and Donna Troy would rank on this list?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Right, so only her own comic showed it and it was never mentioned when teamed up with Superman. Good to know.

Those are random speed feats which Superman could do in his sleep. When Wonder Woman gets fast enough to build cities in seconds, do let me know.

I'm not sure what your point is. Characters have abilities they show in their books and not in others and vice versa. This includes Superman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    That part meant that Superman is the fastest flying person since Flashes can’t fly. The most recent issue showed that flying can’t get him close to Flashes at all.

In short speed is Flash’s domain.

Quicks are not included because they are not reintroduced yet.
    Yup, same reason Jay is not to be seen on this list. I'd still put him above Superman, but he can't keep that pace for long anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is. Characters have abilities they show in their books and not in others and vice versa. This includes Superman.
    Exactly. What Marston intended was never shown in comparison to Superman in an actual comics.

Intentionally emulating a character does not mean you created an equal to the said character.

That part meant that Superman is the fastest flying person since Flashes can’t fly. The most recent issue showed that flying can’t get him close to Flashes at all.

In short speed is Flash’s domain.

Quicks are not included because they are not reintroduced yet.
    Except he did exactly the same in Metal when Flash was explicitly going as fast as he could.

So no, it's not as clear as you'd like.

That only shows the start of their run. You haven't proved anything here.

Mighty Member

Right, so only her own comic showed it and it was never mentioned when teamed up with Superman. Good to know.

Those are random speed feats which Superman could do in his sleep. When Wonder Woman gets fast enough to build cities in seconds, do let me know.

I get slowly the feeling you are just trying to troll me here with these insane arguments, but let's see.
    Again, Wonder Woman and Superman were not even part of the same Publisher for a good amount of Marston's time so how the hell should they get shown together?

Following your own absurd logic here is TOAA from Marvel not at minimum equal to The Presence of DC, cause they aren't shown together...

Second was your first scan nowhere near the second.

Most importantly have we countless such comment from later on(as that was actually possible) and they even had together using speed moments like here:

And to go back to the start of the argument, historic things are a pretty bad argument for completely different modern versions of characters, with the pretty obvious example that nobody would excpect that the writers always try to let WW replicate all of Superman's feats today.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-19-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I wonder where Supergirl and Donna Troy would rank on this list?
    Kara probably right behind Diana, and Donna wouldn't be in the Top 10.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-19-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Folks when you talk about speed feats you can't bring in pre-crisis and post crisis superman,wonder woman and flash into this when writer is talking about the current post flash point speed feats and who he thinks is the fastest superhero and supervillain.
    Pre-crisis and superman and flash for example are not modern day superman and flash.

Rebirth/dc you/new52 superman are not as fast as pre-crisis superman for example.

The main or canon feats for flash,wonder woman and superman of today is post-flashpoint,not pre-flashpoint.

You could blame dc for rebooted the dc universe a number of times but if you talking about current dc characters canon speed feats you have to stick to what thier real speed level is in new52/dc you and rebirth and not post crisis and pre-crisis speed feats.

You could show what past versions of the speed feats were in other past canon universes for dc characters but you have to make clear that is not current and they do not count because they are not the main dc universe anymore and not canon.
    The current list for the new speed order is for the new DC REBOOTED universe post flashpoint.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-05-2018 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Kara probably right behind Diana, Donna simply wouldn't be in the Top 10.
    I thought Donna and Diana had the same powers?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I thought Donna and Diana had the same powers?
    Theoretically, but practically is the difference often at least as big as between Superman and Supergirl(if not bigger).
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-19-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Folks when you talk about speed feats you can't bring in pre-crisis and post crisis superman,wonder woman and flash into this when writer is talking about the current post flash point speed feats and who he thinks is the fastest superhero and supervillain.
    Pre-crisis and superman and flash for example are not modern day superman and flash.

Rebirth/dc you/new52 superman are not as fast as pre-crisis superman for example.

The main or canon feats for flash,wonder woman and superman of today is post-flashpoint,not pre-flashpoint.

You could blame dc for rebooted the dc universe a number of times but if you talking about current dc characters canon speed feats you have to stick to what thier real speed level is in new52/dc you and rebirth and not post crisis and pre-crisis speed feats.

You could show what past versions of the speed feats were in other past canon universes for dc characters but you have to make clear that is not current and they do not count because they are not the main dc universe anymore and not canon.
    The current list for the new speed order is for the new DC REBOOTED universe post flashpoint.
    True. I was thinking this was strictly post flashpoint feats to be considered.

That only shows the start of their run. You haven't proved anything here.
    The portal was the end of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I get slowly the feeling you are just trying to troll me here with these insane arguments, but let's see.
    Again, WW and Supes were not even part of the same Publisher for a good amount of Marston's time so how the hell should they get shown together?
    When they were shown together, they were never shown as equals either.

Superman's golden age feats are better than Diana's. Even if Marston was trying to make Diana "equal" to Superman, he was only creating a homage. Not an equal.

Following your own absurd logic here is TOAA from Marvel not at minimum equal to The Presence of DC, cause they aren't shown together...
    And now random red herrings and strawman logic with whatabboutism.

Classic arguments.

Second was your first scan nowhere near the second.
    Right. How did you figure that out?

Most importantly have we countless such comment from later on(as that was actually possible) and they even had together using speed moments like here:
    And what is that supposed to prove?

And to go back to the start of the argument, historic things are a pretty bad argument for completely different modern versions of characters(with the pretty obvious example that nobody would excpect that the writers always try to let WW replicate all of Supes feats today).
    Except it does. The history of these characters is far more important than the opinions of a few posters online.

Superman has always been a rival to Flash in speed, that's not gonna change anytime soon. Their rivalry is a thing of public consciousness now. Nothing is gonna change that.
    Last edited by Superfan90; 07-05-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

We are not talking about feats here. Thake that to rumbles.