Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
Well my mistake then still something did go very wrong in order for so many stores to close in one year alone. Either it was the store owner's fault or the people they are distributing products for.
Please don't be like that certain group who will NOT be named that scream Moon Girl, Riri Williams, Kate Bishop, LGBT and so on are closing stores. They have NOTHING to do with it.

Much like with Blockbuster, Toys R Us and others-MANY factors come into play.

1. LOCATION-how many stores are in bad locations? Or have left "major" markets? One thing I noticed of the stores that closed-Circuit City, Borders, Tower Records and stores struggling-K-Mart around here in my city. They all left the black community. Year later they suddenly had to go out of business. Or in K-Mart's case-they left Dallas/Fort Worth and the nearest store is 3 hours away.

2) MERCHANDISE-If all I buy is Marvel & DC-I don't have to enter a comic book store. Lets take Batman #50-today is Friday-if I went to all the used book stores that sell comics-HALF will have that issue at 50-90% off. This is something I have seen more with DC than Marvel. New Dc books come out Wednesday and they are at used stores by the weekend.

Lets not forget about ONLINE-Midtown comics's flash sales, Amazon and EBAY.

Lets look at what else is the comic book store-stuff I can get CHEAPER-I had planned on buying the Stranger Things Lucas figure from my store. Guess who had him at 30% off? TOY R US. All those toys and cards are cheaper elsewhere. Still talking about merchandise. What you stock. How is it good business to have BINS packed with unsold Batman books? At one store they have 15 bins for DC comics. Batman fills up 10 by himself. That's not counting his kids or Catwoman. Now some will say those back issue of Batman will sell unlike Moon Girl. Yes that is true but not at the price YOU want it. Why would I go to the comic book store for say Duke's first appearance in Batman and pay $50 when I can go to my used book store and get it for $2 and it's a variant. Or I can go to comic cons and get it in bins of 10 for $2. SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS HAVE IT CHEAPER.

3) CUSTOMER SERVICE-I don't even have to say anything else. We have had stories of store owners being HOSTILE towards POC, women, LGBT, children & Inhuman fans or allowing customer to be hostile towards others.

When you are no longer the ONLY source-SMART folks will find ways to get what they want at the PRICE that they WANT.

Diamond nor Store Owners can't stop the free market.