Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well...King's said it a lot, and very publically, so there's a probability that he has a pitch approved. But I don't think they have a contract at this point, especially since I haven't heard that his exclusive was renewed yet. Maybe it was and I missed it.

But Tynion and Gleason both said publically they wanted to be on for a specific amount of time, and despite both titles selling well, they didn't get to those numbers. So...stuff changes. It's comics.
    Hmm.. I can see King getting those numbers because of his media presence, I mean when was the last time a comic writer has had as much exposure as King? Even Morrison, Brubaker, Rucka, Johns or Bendis has had as much media exposure (talk shows and the like) and without Bendis we wouldn't even have the MCU (because he single-handedly made The Avengers a household name).

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    . . . and without Bendis we wouldn't even have the MCU (because he single-handedly made The Avengers a household name).
    Haven't been reading comic books for very long?
    The Avengers were already a well-known brand among Marvel comic book readers prior to Bendis writing his first Marvel comic.
    (And the franchise was around even before Bendis was actually born . . . )

Fantastic Member

At least there was a hope of victory that bruce might win in the end so far king has not conveyed that in his run with bruce against bane. You just gave four examples of him being effective in 50 issues if that does not mean he lost 95% of the time and only won 5% of the time then I do not know what is.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Haven't been reading comic books for very long?
    The Avengers were already a well-known brand among Marvel comic book readers prior to Bendis writing his first Marvel comic.
    (And the franchise was around even before Bendis was actually born . . . )
    that's true but prior to Avengers the X-Men took top spot in the cultural ethos. It was not until Bendis' New Avengers that it took prime spot with the mainstream.

Yes and no. If they don't draw out the Bane story it could be very exciting. Otherwise, it'll be 50 more issues that could have been told in 25. Maybe a more dynamic art team could invigorate my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    At least there was a hope of victory that bruce might win in the end so far king has not conveyed that in his run with bruce against bane. You just gave four examples of him being effective in 50 issues if that does not mean he lost 95% of the time and only won 5% of the time then I do not know what is.
    You do realize that it wasn't 50 self-contained issues, right? It's 50 issues of about 6 issue story arcs. So if you're so keen to bring up math that averages to about 8-9 fights. He mentioned 4 fights Batman won in King's run. That's an average of a little under 50%. Even if you want to err on the side of caution due to some arcs having more than 1 villain, it's still extremely far from 5% much less the low end of average.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Incredible Member

Look at how he won though. He magically reset his back? Bullshit. He beat Bane with a head butt? More bullshit. And that’s just one damn storyline. He gets the **** beat out of him until he magically beats whoever.