Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    Okay, Bane orchestrating Selina leaving Bruce at the altar- I can buy that. Bane has always been an intelligent criminal, and has always found a way to get into Batman's head. Him orchestrating Bruce's entire recent relationship with Selina and proposing to her? I don't buy that for one second.

The only thing I'm interested in- aside from Dick as Batman for a while- is the lineup of people around Bane at the end of 50. Some people I get- Joker, Riddler, Ventriloquist, Stange. But I thought Psycho Pirate was away from Bane. I thought Batman cured Gotham Girl, and Holly was Selina's friend. So when did they start working with Bane?

Why is it comics were easier to understand in the seventies, when all of the writers were probably stoned when they wrote them?
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 07-04-2018 at 12:15 PM.

I'm just waiting for a future Catwoman writer who undoes everything King did to Holly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Never seen Batman married before either. *Shrugs*
    It would've been a nice change, at least for awhile. At least we've got Dickbats to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Never seen Batman married before either. *Shrugs*
    We have, even on several occasions during Nu52. Just not in main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just waiting for a future Catwoman writer who undoes everything King did to Holly.
    You and I both. I hate the betrayal.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

I think King himself will undo what he did to Holly. With all the master manipulators in play like Hugo Strange, Psycho Pirate, so forth? Can we even say if she carried out those killings? Or if she is in control of how she just played Selina's emotions to damage Batman? Could Bane actually control the Riddler or Joker in such a way? What sort of Crisis-level Batman Gambit is he pulling off where he can manipulate Skeets and the Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint? Why would Claire be there unless he could control her as well?

I also think by issue # 100, after this epic 50 issue tease, we might get a properly married Batman and Catwoman
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Okay, Bane orchestrating Selina leaving Bruce at the altar- I can buy that. Bane has always been an intelligent criminal, and has always found a way to get into Batman's head. Him orchestrating Bruce's entire recent relationship with Selina and proposing to her? I don't buy that for one second.

The only thing I'm interested in- aside from Dick as Batman for a while- is the lineup of people around Bane at the end of 50. Some people I get- Joker, Riddler, Ventriloquist, Stange. But I thought Psycho Pirate was away from Bane. I thought Batman cured Gotham Girl, and Holly was Selina's friend. So when did they start working with Bane?

Why is it comics were easier to understand in the seventies, when all of the writers were probably stoned when they wrote them?
    Psycho Pirate was detained in Arkham, and while I don't know where Bane went after I Am Bane, it looks like he and his crew have taken over Arkham Asylum. We just don't know since when.

Gotham Girl was cured by using Psycho Pirate, so it's possible that he manipulated her since then, or they caught her later.

Fantastic Member

so 49 issues of batman getting curb stomped until catwoman saves him in the end and they live happily ever after great. I just want proof that king can write a batman than can take the fight to bane and his cohorts of not whats the point getting saved by the hero of another comic

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I also think by issue # 100, after this epic 50 issue tease, we might get a properly married Batman and Catwoman
    But, who'll even care by then?

I'm not sure that King marrying them and then leaving the book makes a lot of sense.

Marrying them in 50 and then dissolving the marriage somehow just before he leaves would make sense. But spending all that time on the relationship to not write the married version and hand it off to the next writer who might have zero interest in writing that status quo . . .

So the focus is going to shift to Bruce and Dick? Now that's a couple I can get behind. Original Robin rides in to once again bring sunshine, hope, happiness and purpose to Bruce's life.

You know Bruce if you wanted Dick to move back in you could have just asked instead of pretending to fall for this charade. I mean the fact that you didn't even have a witness or best man organised for the big day shows just how serious you were about tying the knot.

Spectacular Member

I don't think he'll be on the book for very long. Sales are going to drop. That's the bottom line.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I have to admit, now that my anger has passed, as a mystery enthusiast, how they're going to explain Bane's plan is intriguing, but I will still stand by my choice that I will only pick this series and the necessary back issues if Batman and Catwoman actually get married somewhere in the next 50 issues. As I said before, my problem with DC is bigger than one tricksy issue, and the marriage is actually the only thing that can make me buy something.

I know writers like to write plot twists to get people talking, but for some reason many writers don't seem to know the difference between a good twist and a bad twist.

Setting your audience up to want something, and then not delivering it is probably the clearest example of a bad plot twist, but writers keep right on doing it for some reason. It really never works, but for some reason writers feel compelled to try. Then, add to the fact that DC stupidly spoiled their own story. I guess they were trying to manage reader disappointment in advance, but with all that setup, this had to end badly. Everyone at every level of this debacle really failed badly.

This really may be a jump-the-shark moment for Batman. We'll see, but the Bat-franchise is the most important one at DC, and if Batman sales collapse, it will take everything down with it.

DC will publicly stand behind Tom King of course, but if Batman falls out of the top 10 in sales, expect King to be replaced and some rapid emergency surgery being done on the title.

Yes, #50 was fantastic. What a payoff. I was pretty sure the wedding wasn’t going to happen, that it was part of a bigger story, and I’m relieved to be right. Otherwise, how trite and boring.

People here keep forecasting disaster for the title because fans want a happy, married Batman. No thanks.
    Last edited by cgh; 07-04-2018 at 02:02 PM.