Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Yes, that's exactly what we want. Brooding, depressed Batman is boring as shit.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

It's sad that, with all these people willed to read a new, long Dickbats run, they missed their chance to deliver more than a few issues of Dick, dropping the marriage that could've put Bruce into a background place, by that far.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-04-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Yes, #50 was fantastic. What a payoff. I was pretty sure the wedding wasn’t going to happen, that it was part of a bigger story, and I’m relieved to be right. Otherwise, how trite and boring.

People here keep forecasting disaster for the title because fans want a happy, married Batman. No thanks.
    So MArriage is the only thing that can make batman happy? Not friends? Not family? Not Alfred? Not dating? ONly marriage has the power to make Batman so happy he can't be batman. lol. To me it just sounds like the joker was right and Selina was laughing at herself when he was bleeding out. But then again she could have been laughing at how stupid it is that marriage will change Bruce and Selena so much that he can't be batman. Not even when fatherhood could do it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So MArriage is the only thing that can make batman happy? Not friends? Not family? Not Alfred? Not dating? ONly marriage has the power to make Batman so happy he can't be batman. lol. To me it just sounds like the joker was right and Selina was laughing at herself when he was bleeding out. But then again she could have been laughing at how stupid it is that marriage will change Bruce and Selena so much that he can't be batman. Not even when fatherhood could do it.
    I said happy and married, not just happy. King's thesis is that Batman will stop being Batman if he gets married and finds another focus in his life and I support this notion. I can only assume a lot of the people commenting here have never been married because that sort of life-changing experience is a lot different than good times with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what we want. Brooding, depressed Batman is boring as shit.
    Who said brooding and depressed? Anyway, it sounds like you aren't familiar with the roots of the character.

BANNED

I'll buy it for Dickbats because I support the character wherever he shows up but I don't think he'll wear the cowl very long--if at all. This may be another bait-and-switch.

Who said brooding and depressed? Anyway, it sounds like you aren't familiar with the roots of the character.
    I'm not getting into an argument here, but I am. I really am.

I and a whole lot of others want to see something new with Bruce as a character. A happy Batman is something we've never seen, explicitly, IIRC. I get that you don't want that, that's cool.

Please don't tell me I'm not familiar with my favorite character of all time though. I am and I don't understand why the writers can't just let him be happy for a good amount of time.
    Last edited by rev516; 07-04-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

I said happy and married, not just happy. King's thesis is that Batman will stop being Batman if he gets married and finds another focus in his life and I support this notion. I can only assume a lot of the people commenting here have never been married because that sort of life-changing experience is a lot different than good times with friends.
    Then i am assuming a lot of people must not be fathers as well because if a child he has primary custody of or a child he took in and introduced to the life of crime fighting didn't change his perspective on life why would one assume that being a husband would. That to me is kind of confusing. I would think having a child or several children would be life altering and changing. I mean at least it is for most men i know. But i guess that must all be an extension of whatever woman you married despite you know single dads. Children mean squat to Bruce's happiness but a woman will change EVERYTHING. Somebody please call CPS.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-04-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

That is the most pretentious and asinine comment I’ve seen on here yet.

BANNED

You could walk into Dan DiDio's office and announce that you're bored with Batman. But all he'd have to do is point to the sales numbers, then point you toward the door.

You don't monkey around with something as successful as Batman just because you feel bored. The sales numbers will let you know when to change something.

Yes, #50 was fantastic. What a payoff. I was pretty sure the wedding wasn’t going to happen, that it was part of a bigger story, and I’m relieved to be right. Otherwise, how trite and boring.

People here keep forecasting disaster for the title because fans want a happy, married Batman. No thanks.
    I think it wasn't so much that people "want a happy, married Batman" as much as the fact that DC HYPED THE HELL OUT OF A SUPPOSED WEDDING with the "Wedding Prelude" specials, the invitations for the stores, the wedding music list, the gazillion variant/special covers that stores already over-ordered, etc., and THEN DC leaks what will actually happen to major media the weekend before the issue hits the stores!!!

That ending was going to leak before all the stores closed today. It could have been Monday or Tuesday or even very early today.
    But the leak was going to happen and the damn was going to bust and people were going to be frustrated and stores where going
    to feel the effects.......... leaking a few days early just gave some people the time to reflect and than possibly decide if there
    local shop should suffer for it.

Married Father here. fatherhood is a greater life changer than Marriage.
    Marriage never equals happiness that comes from within.
    If Bruce didn't stop when his children died or to protect his children when he didn't stop to focus on his children [another focus in his life] he won't stop for Selina and as we saw he didn't.
    If dating Selina didn't bring him happiness marrying her wont either.

As a matter of fact King's Batman batmaned more than most and was broodier than most.

Astonishing Member

Gotta say after all the build up, for it to come down to a little chat to alter the course of the story

I am actually disgusted with dc for the first time in since rebirth 1

I'll be dropping all batman stuff for the duration of king on this book

I know that's a drop in their ocean but right now I am so dissapointed I'm actually finding it hard to want to but anything dc

This is the first reaction I've had like this since marvels one more day