Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    More of Alex being treated like crap by everybody, or just as Scott's little brother...

But yeah the two teams could/would mix and move on from there and if Lorna was a part of that other team...whether pairing them back up then or not...
    He got treated poorly based off his own merits, not bc he's related to Scott

Ultimate Member

I'm not saying that Alex is blameless only that it's hard for him to not be looked at as Scott's younger brother by those that don't know him that well or no longer do...

I'm not saying that Alex is blameless only that it's hard for him to not be looked at as Scott's younger brother by those that don't know him that well or no longer do...
    Except that didnt come into play here. Several X-men are related to Scott (Rachel, Cable, heck Young Scott) and dont get sh-tted on by the other X-men bc of said relation. Every negative thing said about Alex in this issue was based off of things he has done, not his DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Except that didnt come into play here. Several X-men are related to Scott (Rachel, Cable, heck Young Scott) and dont get sh-tted on by the other X-men bc of said relation. Every negative thing said about Alex in this issue was based off of things he has done, not his DNA
    Young Scott has caught a bit of ill will since coming to this time for one day turning in to Real Scott. Wolverine was ready to kill him the moment he arrived in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Young Scott has caught a bit of ill will since coming to this time for one day turning in to Real Scott. Wolverine was ready to kill him the moment he arrived in fact.
    Thats bc he thought he was Scott. Wolverine's attitude change after he was clued in to what was going on. And thats where most of the hate towards Young Scott stemmd from; people incorrectly assuming he was Scott. The X-men know the deal and dont treat him poorly

Ultimate Member

Well many of the others aren't as connected to Scott as Alex is, yeah they're his kids and such but they've never really been under his shadow like Alex has, Rachel is more compared to Jean and Cable is entirely his own character...Alex meanwhile keeps getting treated like the redheaded stepchild of the family no matter what he does and then aside from his family ties he's often the guy that gets treated like crap and such...

Well many of the others aren't as connected to Scott as Alex is, yeah they're his kids and such but they've never really been under his shadow like Alex has, Rachel is more compared to Jean and Cable is entirely his own character...Alex meanwhile keeps getting treated like the redheaded stepchild of the family no matter what he does and then aside from his family ties he's often the guy that gets treated like crap and such...
    You're trying to make something out of nothing. Where in this issue did any of the insults hurled at Alex have anything to do with being Scott's brother? I can cite lines and post scans where characts either reference or imply their shade is stemming from Alex's recent actions. Can you do the same about your claim about this coming bc of being related to Scott?

Ultimate Member

I never said that they did, I said that he was being treated like crap-never said that he did nothing wrong to deserve it or anything like that, OR because he's Scott's little brother...

I never said that they did, I said that he was being treated like crap-never said that he did nothing wrong to deserve it or anything like that, OR because he's Scott's little brother...
    More of Alex being treated like crap by everybody, or just as Scott's little brother...
    You wrote at least twice that part of the reason he got treated the way he did was bc of being Scott's younger brother

Ultimate Member

Because I went off on a bit of a rant, though none of what I said was actually wrong about how he has been treated in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    It's at the 15:50 mark.

Santo would be ECSTATIC to pummel Alex into the ground.

Most likely. Most likely the New X-Kids who punked him.

Same book.
    Havok would **** him up.

Having two teams in the same book is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Havok would **** him up.

Having two teams in the same book is stupid.
    I really wish Alex got to finish what he was going to say in the classroom before Kitty so rudely interrupted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it. I thought the art was good. Reading the dialogue in this book side by side with Gold today, no comparison. This issue impressed me and I really have no strong interest in these characters and had no intention of buying it at first. This guy is going places.
    Because he actually has to draw more than women. When he does environments and more than just mainly women land isn't bad. But when there's a HEAVY focus on females, dude sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

But yeah, let Lilmiss prima donna Kitty Litter, send that big lummoX Rockpile & his laughable crew. That way, Dazzler & Banshee ALONE, could BLAST 'em to hell & back...

... and grind 'em into gravel! ;p
    yyeeaaah, yyeeaaah WATCH it. The Cuckoos could take over all their minds. Dust turns em to bones and ash. Gentle would give Piotr & Jimmy the beatdown, ANY DAY. Prodigy gives any member of Rosenberg's team the work in a hand-to-hand scenario. Pixie teleports them all into the deepest part of the ocean:

Loa, alone, was about to create a giant, gaping hole where Warpath's heart should be.

If Elixir did this to MAGNETO, MONET, & Sabretooth, what hope does Dazzler or Banshee have against him?

Sorry. The "Astonishing" X-Men simply don't have the range.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Havok would **** him up. Having two teams in the same book is stupid.
    They aren't gonna divide the focus.

And Rockslide is an incorporeal, psychic entity that can compose a body of just about anything inorganic. He can also detonate his body at will in any point. How's Havok gonna get his hands on an enemy he can't hurt? Actually, more importantly, how is Alex gonna survive a constant barrage of platter-sized shrapnel?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    And Rockslide is an incorporeal, psychic entity that can compose a body of just about anything inorganic. He can also detonate his body at will in any point. How's Havok gonna get his hands on an enemy he can't hurt? Actually, more importantly, how is Alex gonna survive a constant barrage of platter-sized shrapnel?
    Santo's also kind of an underachiever/slacker when it comes to actually exploring his potential, though. I don't think we've even seen him try since the Gage run on X-Men: Legacy. Until then, he might as well be made of Legos against someone with a blast attack or super strength. He'd really have to step up his game to have a chance against Havok, Dazzler, Colossus, or Banshee. Beast, he could take. Maybe Warpath.