Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Santo's also kind of an underachiever/slacker when it comes to actually exploring his potential, though. I don't think we've even seen him try since the Gage run on X-Men: Legacy. Until then, he might as well be made of Legos against someone with a blast attack or super strength. He'd really have to step up his game to have a chance against Havok, Dazzler, Colossus, or Banshee. Beast, he could take. Maybe Warpath.
    I think the obvious thing to do is have the X Club or Beast produce a bunch of diamonds and let Santo possess that. They should try to make him possess the hardest materials possible.

BANNED

I'm late, again (I've been so freaking busy). Just going to bullet point some of my thoughts on the issue.

1. Kitty establishing a counter team to keep an eye on the Astonishing line-up? Interesting. I'm thinking Polaris, Iceman & Siryn, given their personal connections to Havok, Beast, Banshee & Warpath. Rosenberg teased some plans for Cannonball and/or Sunspot so that'd be cool- It'd make sense, especially for Sam, given his friendship with Bobby and his ties to Warpath via OG X-Force. I could see Kitty putting Jubilee, Armor, Pixie or Rockslide on the team too. It's cool that Rosenberg is gonna bring in more X-Men (even if temporarily) as rivals, and I think it's an interesting dynamic with them being pseudo- probation officers

2. Oh no those pesky Avengers. Tony is a jerk, and you'd think he'd understand Alex's disposition given he was also inverted during AXIS. Hell, wasn't he part of the reason Havok remained inverted?

3. Was Havok speaking for all of us when he attempts to enlist the New X-Men? They need to be in the field ASAP. Props to Santo for speaking up too.

4. I am so so glad to hear the wail of the Banshee again. I've been saying for ages that Sean & Shiro ought to be among the frontlines of the X-Men, as they were apart of the second wave of X-Men, just like Ororo, Kurt & Piotr were.

5. I love that this is a group of X-Men we didn't expect, and it's a nice change-up from the team line-ups of recent years that tend to focus on the same core group of characters. I'm really nervous about the new X-Men title to be announced at SDCC, and I'll be disappointed if it's a Wolverine led group with Kitty, Iceman, Rogue + Angel or something along those lines. I want (need) to see characters like Polaris, Jubilee, Magik, Dani Moonstar, Cannonball, Frenzy, Sunfire, Hellion, Dust etc. as active X-Men. I'm ready for some fresh X-Men tales, and that doesn't happen by rehashing the past time and time again.

Fantastic Member

All this talk about Kitty being a bitch got me thinking. Would we be criticizing her the same way if she was a man? If Wolverine spoke to Alex the way Kitty did I bet most of us would not be nearly so bothered by it. Wolverine is allowed to be a jerk but Kitty is not. Why?

Had Alex approached Kitty directly and politely about his idea and she had spoken to him the same way I would have thought she was insensitive and rude. But Alex didn't do that. He barged into her school and tried to recruit a bunch of teenagers into a combat squad. Under the circumstances, Kitty's behavior is reasonable and understandable.

It may stick in Alex's craw that he has to answer to a kid who was in diapers when he joined the X-Men, but those are Kitty's students and that is Kitty's school. I will say that Kitty could have at least tried to reach out to Alex. He's obviously in pain. Don't the X-Men look after their own?

As for Kitty disliking Alex, I can't recall any animosity between them. Alex said something with which she didn't agree. That doesn't mean they dislike each other. In fact, I can't remember them ever being on the team at the same time. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by Marvelman; 07-06-2018 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    All this talk about Kitty being a bitch got me thinking. Would we be criticizing her the same way if she was a man? If Wolverine spoke to Alex the way Kitty did I bet most of us would not be nearly so bothered by it. Wolverine is allowed to be a jerk but Kitty is not. Why?
    Kitty interprets her owning the X-Men brand as meaning she can unilaterally decide who is an and isn't an X-Men. Wolverine never did this. He more often then anyone else interpreted the other way, that you an be an X-Men while pursuing your own path, without being on the team. There's a difference between being a jerk and ripping away a part of someone's identity that that's been a part of their entire adult life.

Ultimate Member

I think that some of the anger at Kitty comes from what she did to Colossus at the wedding for starters and how for some time now she's acted as if she's the top dog of all of the X-Men that gets to make all of the decisions, and many don't feel that she's earned that right...

BANNED

Had Alex approached Kitty directly and politely about his idea and she had spoken to him the same way I would have thought she was insensitive and rude. But Alex didn't do that. He barged into her school and tried to recruit a bunch of teenagers into a combat squad. Under the circumstances, Kitty's behavior is reasonable and understandable.

It may stick in Alex's craw that he has to answer to a kid who was in diapers when he joined the X-Men, but those are Kitty's students and that is Kitty's school. I will say that Kitty could have at least tried to reach out to Alex. He's obviously in pain. Don't the X-Men look after their own?

As for Kitty disliking Alex, I can't recall any animosity between them. Alex said something with which she didn't agree. That doesn't mean they dislike each other. In fact, I can't remember them ever being on the team at the same time. Am I wrong?
    Wolverine is never criticized for anything. He's a hypocrite.
    Now switch Kitty Pryde to Cyclops and then you will have your answer.
    And in the last few years, that's what the X-Men do, they abandon their family and friends when they need them the most.
    So it's no surprise here.

Exactly this. Not even the students wanted to go with Alex so I'm not getting the rrrrrghKitty hate.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Kitty interprets her owning the X-Men brand as meaning she can unilaterally decide who is an and isn't an X-Men. Wolverine never did this. He more often then anyone else interpreted the other way, that you an be an X-Men while pursuing your own path, without being on the team. There's a difference between being a jerk and ripping away a part of someone's identity that that's been a part of their entire adult life.
    I agree tenfold with this post.

Maybe Kitty should be worried about how someone was able to waltz in a SCHOOL for the umpteenth time.
    Last edited by cc008; 07-06-2018 at 06:39 AM.

To me is absurd that leadership in the X-Men is decided by whoever was in charge at the time, and that everyone has to fall in line with it. It was bothersome with Cyclops and the White Queen, and it is bothersome with Storm and Kitty. I don’t care that she is female or barely older than some of her students, I don’t like that her position is unearned. There are a bunch of X-Men with a ton of more combat/leadership experience than her, and she has never particularly been shown as a leader, and all of a sudden the rest of the X-Men (and the readers) have to accept her new position on Ororo’s say so? When she has barely served as an X-man for most of her life? How is she more qualified than someone like Iceman, for example? And she having the ability to decide who is and who isn’t an X-Men is ridiculous. A trademark? On pretty much a non-legal entity like the X-Men? How would that even work?

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    And in the last few years, that's what the X-Men do, they abandon their family and friends when they need them the most.
    Thats not true. You criticize Wolverine and are very vocal about it. Alot of people were when he was around running the X-men

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    So Wolverine secondary mutation still has an effect here, glad to know

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not true. You criticize Wolverine and are very vocal about it. Alot of people were when he was around running the X-men
    I guest that he means in-universe, wicht in that regard was kind of inconsistent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Kitty interprets her owning the X-Men brand as meaning she can unilaterally decide who is an and isn't an X-Men. Wolverine never did this.
    Pretty sure he did exactly that with the Utopia X-Men and Cyclops' "Revolution" team.

And lol at Havok's identity being an X-Man. Dude literally went on live tv to say he hates being a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Pretty sure he did exactly that with the Utopia X-Men and Cyclops' "Revolution" team.

And lol at Havok's identity being an X-Man. Dude literally went on live tv to say he hates being a mutant.
    Still doesn't hold up, Wolverine still get shit and criticism for that in the fandom to this day. So Marvelman example doesn't really make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I guest that he means in-universe, wicht in that regard was kind of inconsistent.
    Yes, in the Marvel Universe.
    Hank was never treated that way, either.
    It seems to be a karma for the Summers family.

Plus: Wolverine (the real, not the hypocrite) is one of my favorite characters.
    The same thing with Havok, Hank and Kitty.