Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I just realized... Kitty is totally sending Warpath to join Havok’s team. He’s her Psylocke.
    Warpath was seen overhearing their conversation so he might join on his own accord.

Whatever his reason would be interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    I think that little by little, Kitty is becoming more and more like her AoA version.
    Except way smarter. Our awesome Kitty got the hell out of Pitor’s way.

Except way smarter. Our awesome Kitty got the hell out of Pitor’s way.
    LOL!

Poor Colossus though.

BANNED

Anyway, that's enough time wasted on the obnoXious Kitty Litter. Hopefully, that's the first & last time, we'll be forced to suffer her sorry lil' ass. Movin' on to bigger, better, and MORE IMPORTANT things, ComicBook.com, Fan-Favorite X-Men Character Finally Returns:

... and leaves the Reavers comin' apart at the seams - YES!!!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-05-2018 at 02:30 AM.

BANNED

That corpse needs a facial bad.

That didn’t come out right...

Astonishing Member

I think this will be much better than Soule's Astonishing. I really really liked this. Good use of continuity too, something we have barely seen in Xmen books since around 2011-2012.

Also, I think Magneto as a leader (80s New Mutants, Age of Apocalypse, Age of X, XMen Blue) is much more likeable than Kitty

Astonishing Member

I wish he was Blue, kinda like Archangel. IMO, In comic books, if you have a good justification to make a character immortal and unaging, you should use it. Let Banshee be like Exodus or Archangel after being tampered by the Apocalypse Twins and resurrected with a death seed.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I wish he was Blue, kinda like Archangel. IMO, In comic books, if you have a good justification to make a character immortal and unaging, you should use it. Let Banshee be like Exodus or Archangel after being tampered by the Apocalypse Twins and resurrected with a death seed.
    This would actually be super smart. Stop people from asking questions. Why doesn't Angel or Banshee age? Apocalypse seed. Why doesn't Jean? Phoenix. Emma? Diamond form. Iceman? Ice form. Betsy? She keeps stealing peoples' bodies.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

AIPT.com, Astonishing X-Men #13 review: A new era begins with a great start
    ... If Astonishing X-Men #13 is any indication, the new era will be a great addition in the annals of X-history. ...

... It is exciting to see Alex Summers take on such a large role in Astonishing X-Men. ... It is clear that Havok is going to be the clear-cut lead here and it’s a fresh direction. (Time will tell where the relationship goes, but the dynamic displayed between Havok and Beast in the issue was very interesting and promising.)...

... Alex Summers gives a stirring speech about what direction he feels the X-Men should go in. ... Rosenberg writes Havok as pitiful, funny, and somewhat embarrassing, and in doing so, writes one of the most real super heroes in years. ...

... The new era kicks off with a bang as the book has action, humor, drama, and maybe new motivation. Astonishing X-Men exceeds its lofty expectations. ...

... Hard to find any fault. There are too many characters? Too many jokes? Havok looks odd in one early panel? I got nothing.

Great
    ComicBookCorps.com, Astonishing X-Men #13
    ... It has been years since Alex Summers was a hero again, getting the chance to see how he approaches the world that is basically against him will be an interesting read for sure.

9/10
    YouDontReadComics.com, Astonishing X-Men #13 // Review
    ... sports a new creative team, as Rosenberg and company take over after Charles Soule’s abysmal run on the book. With both Havok and this title needing redemption, can they succeed?...

... The best part of the book comes during Havok and Beast’s conversation. ... Much like Havok, he’s another person that his ex-colleagues don’t trust. Havok tries to use this fact as a reason for Beast to join him, but Beast shuts him down by talking about how damaged his body is from years of being a superhero. It gives readers a very rare look behind the curtain, reminding them that as cool as the adventures of their favorite superheroes are, it takes a terrible toll on the body and mind. ...

... After Charles Soule’s terrible run on the book, this issue is a welcome change. Greg Land’s art hurts it a little, but Rosenberg’s script is too good to be held down by it. It’s not exactly a return to the form of Whedon and Ellis days, but it’s a strong start and a massive improvement over what Soule was doing. Rosenberg tells his story while also giving readers glimpses into Havok and Beast that they may not have had before. It all serves the plot, but it also feels organic and earned, something that Soule was never able to manage during his run. If Rosenberg can keep this up, there’s no reason why Astonishing X-Men can’t become the crown jewel of the X books.

Grade: B+

Definitely needs moisturizing but being apparently nothing but gums opens up certain possibilities, plus you know he can hum quite well.
    Wait?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

A dirty mind is a turrible thing to waste, keep it up.

Fantastic Member

This Havok feels like 90s Peter David X-Factor Havok. I am 100% onboard with that.

Unpopular opinion: The only real issue I have with Soule's run is that I cannot for the life of me figure out where it sits in relation to Blue/Gold/Red. I didnt hate the story.

Welcome, Magneto Fungus!
    Peter David liked his X-Factor characters damaged, and Havok is certainly very damaged here. If there's a Doc Sampson [or Moonstone to make the therapy really disturbing] issue, I will cheer.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

Well between Rahne and Guido in NMDS, the Multiple Man mini, and this, he (Rosenberg) might be trying to get the old band back together. I hear Polaris won't be busy come October.

And thanks :]
    Last edited by magneticmushroom; 07-04-2018 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Unintentional emoji

Ultimate Member

Well for all that we know this roster could just be together for a few story arcs or so and then the team could get a new roster, as I doubt that the Reavers are big enough to be the books big bads for very long...so Astonishing could be setting these characters up for what comes next...