Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Batman 50 - Non Spoiler Thoughts...

The REASON for the twist is one I can buy. My only question is, was **** somehow involved (last page of book)?

Things are going to be interesting after this. I wonder what Selina is going to do when she finds out. I don't think she'll change her mind, but i also don't think she's gonna like being used to against him. Overall i though I thought it was lovely issue.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-04-2018 at 01:44 PM.

I had not read Batman since the new 52 books. This was a nice issue; enjoyed the different artists and the poetry of King's tale. Confused over the ending. Oh well, congrats bat-fans for such a nice story.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I had not read Batman since the new 52 books. This was a nice issue; enjoyed the different artists and the poetry of King's tale. Confused over the ending. Oh well, congrats bat-fans for such a nice story.
    Oh, were you picking it up just for the wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, were you picking it up just for the wedding?
    Yes. I was attracted to the cover with Bruce and Selena faces close together. I just thought it looked like a cool cover and wanted to see if King was any good at writing BM. He's good.

All-New Member

Hard to reply non-spoiler....

Uhmm... i think the basis for the descision is thin, and suggesting this easily a manipulation kinda misjudges her own strength of will

Vague enough i hope

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure I can how I feel without giving too much away

But I'll be dropping all batman mythos for the rest of kings run now

Might end up dropping dc for a good while with how I currently feel

Not felt like this since marvels one more day

It just doesn't make sense. I feel like there needs to be a I guess Joker was right thread.

Beyond that am so glad i never bought into the whole variant thing. I only get one issue of any book but i can easily see why the detractors feel how they feel. This was a spectacle. But King does write a good batman. But once again his reasoning makes no sense to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I can also add that the wedding was the ONLY reason i started buying Batman again though. And that i think it would be more of a challenge to continue telling the kind of stories king is telling with them as husband and wife. That would be something i've never seen and it would be nice to see if it would naturally work or not with them organically.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-04-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I quite like King's writing and his work leading up to Batman #50 is some of the best story telling I've seen in years. But I can't support a writer who doesn't have the balls to finish the story in a way that is going to leave fans happy. This whole wedding storyline is probably up there with some of the better modern Batman tales in years, but to have it end with a "haha, fooled you" marketing stunt has soured me on reading anything Batman related for a while. Couple this with the current Detective Comics storyline which also looks to be a resetting back to "default loner Batman", and I can say that 95% of my Batman books are getting dropped from my pull list.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    I quite like King's writing and his work leading up to Batman #50 is some of the best story telling I've seen in years. But I can't support a writer who doesn't have the balls to finish the story in a way that is going to leave fans happy. This whole wedding storyline is probably up there with some of the better modern Batman tales in years, but to have it end with a "haha, fooled you" marketing stunt has soured me on reading anything Batman related for a while. Couple this with the current Detective Comics storyline which also looks to be a resetting back to "default loner Batman", and I can say that 95% of my Batman books are getting dropped from my pull list.
    All of this

And I already dropped night wing

I think detective and batwoman are next to go

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I'm not sure I can how I feel without giving too much away

But I'll be dropping all batman mythos for the rest of kings run now

Might end up dropping dc for a good while with how I currently feel

Not felt like this since marvels one more day
    Aren't comics in general poor at the moment.

so this was just plain awful. I only read the main 18 page "story" Skipped the bulk of pin-up pages. Like 20 of the 22 pages. Were those pages just basically 22 pages talking about blue and green eyes?

Bane's involvement was obviously intended to be very reminiscent of Knightfall. However, I really doubt Batman is broken. Unless in the first page of the next issue it shows him splatting on the ground.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Yes. I was attracted to the cover with Bruce and Selena faces close together. I just thought it looked like a cool cover and wanted to see if King was any good at writing BM. He's good.
    Fascinating! Is it something that would make you interested in reading more of this story?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord