Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Aren't comics in general poor at the moment.
    There are a lot of really good titles out right now (Indestructible Hulk, Venom, Daredevil to name a few), but if your favorite title isn't what you want it to be at the moment it can certainly sour your view on other comics. I dropped DC just because I always read my Marvel first and got so behind on DC that I gave up lol. Marvel All-New All-Different had some real stinkers, but this latest wave is off to a really good start.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Fascinating! Is it something that would make you interested in reading more of this story?
    Yes. I think I will follow along for a few issues to see what happens. BM may not be my favorite hero at the moment, but as a child, with all the BM 60's tv shows to watch, he was almost a god in my eyes lol. I remember finding an old paperback book in a used book store when I was under 10. It was a paperback that was called something like; "Letters to the Batman", and it just had letters written to the Batman (I think from the Batman from the TV show). I recall I re-read that paperback, what seems like one hundred times.

Poor Bruce maybe Jessica will help him rebound

I loved it. Slightly poetic and a little reminiscent of how King had them "think" about one another in the past issues that built up to this.

Part of the issue was spoiled for me, but not another part. This is obviously not the end of one of most epic romances that's ever been played around with in fiction. Some people are going to have to watch out when Bruce and Selina put two and two together and make some decisions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    so this was just plain awful. I only read the main 18 page "story" Skipped the bulk of pin-up pages. Like 20 of the 22 pages. Were those pages just basically 22 pages talking about blue and green eyes?
    God was that tiring.

Well that was disappointing.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Yes. I think I will follow along for a few issues to see what happens. BM may not be my favorite hero at the moment, but as a child, with all the BM 60's tv shows to watch, he was almost a god in my eyes lol. I remember finding an old paperback book in a used book store when I was under 10. It was a paperback that was called something like; "Letters to the Batman", and it just had letters written to the Batman (I think from the Batman from the TV show). I recall I re-read that paperback, what seems like one hundred times.
    Wow, that sounds like quite a fun book to read! And glad you'll be following Batman for a few issues - the next arc is just three issues, and it'll have truly amazing art by Lee Weeks and Elizabeth Breitweiser!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Issue itself was great... But let down by DC marketing. It's a bizzare feeling indeed. Had it not been marketed the way it was it would have been like me eating something tasty that I know wasn't bad for me whereas now it's like I am guiltily eating something tasty.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Κing's run for me is up and down.
    It begun quite dull but later stories were surprisingly edgy and filled with twists.
    I really liked the I Am Bane and the Joker/Riddler War and the Batpoint arc was... unexpected. The same goes for the Best Man two parter
    On the other side, i found the I Am Suicide, the Monster Men and Talia vs Selina issues boring.
    This run needs to be more straight forward and short the build up to upcoming events, especially with what transpired in #50.

Kind of disappointed that they strung this out and then chickened out of doing the deed. It would have been entirely reasonable to have Bats and Cats go through with it, and then maybe not be so happy afterward. Life is sometimes like that!! The interstitial 'poetry' pages were tiresome. Its a comic guys, lets have good comics, not average literature.

A poster here says that Detective is dropping the Bat-family? Maybe time I went back to that

My daughter, out of town on a trip right now, bought the issue based on the cover and my telling her the wedding was imminent. Oops. I didn't have the heart to spoil it for her when she told me.

Its still a great issue, I'll just have to explain to her why she should appreciate it. Catwoman passed on marrying Batman - thats fairly empowering.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    My daughter, out of town on a trip right now, bought the issue based on the cover and my telling her the wedding was imminent. Oops. I didn't have the heart to spoil it for her when she told me.

Its still a great issue, I'll just have to explain to her why she should appreciate it. Catwoman passed on marrying Batman - thats fairly empowering.
    what's it got to do with any form of empowerment ?

I am about 10 issues behind...I have it on a pull list at my local shop and have just been catching up on lots of reading...that said, I basically know what happens in 50. I think King is catching a lot of flack for this. Yes, I'm sure this was his story, he pitched it. But I don't think he's got anything to do with the way DC marketed the story. DC decided to blow this up into something huge. Not King. He's the writer, not part of the DC corporate marketing machine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I am about 10 issues behind...I have it on a pull list at my local shop and have just been catching up on lots of reading...that said, I basically know what happens in 50. I think King is catching a lot of flack for this. Yes, I'm sure this was his story, he pitched it. But I don't think he's got anything to do with the way DC marketed the story. DC decided to blow this up into something huge. Not King. He's the writer, not part of the DC corporate marketing machine.

Having calmed down a bit I am seeing this more from this perspective

it's his story, and I am still hugely dissapointed

but my main gripe is what dc suggested by all of their hype, less so king, though of course he contributed too

But I am seeing it more from the angle you described now

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Having calmed down a bit I am seeing this more from this perspective

it's his story, and I am still hugely dissapointed

but my main gripe is what dc suggested by all of their hype, less so king, though of course he contributed too

But I am seeing it more from the angle you described now
    I agree it's his story, like I said, this is where he was going with it...but...if DC hadn't thrown the hype machine on full throttle, would you still be so pissed about the outcome? Likely most people would not...it's all the variants, one shots, and so on that spun it into something larger than life...if they had just done the normal variants, scrapped the one shots, and so on...it would have been just another issue where all the readers would have been like "Oh...of course they won't get married. You got us, King" but with all the hype and assurances from DC that "we are doing this" it turned into "What the hell is this nonsense?"