Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hunt For Wolverine : Mystery in Madripoor 2 & Weapon Lost 3 Recap/Review SPOILER

First I'm going to warn you there is a BIG SPOILER in both recap especially in Weapon Lost #3. So if you don't want to be spoiled do not enter this thread !

Still here? Ok let's go :

Hunt For Wolverine Mystery in Madripoor #2 :

- Kitty is remembering her team up with Logan during the Wolverine/Kitty Pryde mini by Claremont/Migrom and how Logan never gave up on her especially when she was about to behead Ogun
    - In the present, Kitty, Domino and Jubilee managed to escape the Femmes Fatales and are now in Madripoor sewers
    - Domino is hurt and Jubilee don't understand how the Femmes Fatales could take down their big hitters so easily
    - Kitty says for now they need to keep fightinh
    - Elsewhere Viper and the femmes fatales are happy about their easy victory against the X-Men (someone is going to get her ass kicked in the next issue that's for sure)
    - The femmes fatales took their prisoners (Storm and Rogue) somewhere else where we see that Magneto has also been captured
    - Magneto is back to his vegetable days after Saphire and Mindblast had their fun with him
    - They also joke about him being an Omega Mutant (yeah they're gonna get their ass kicked for sure before the end of mini and that's not gonna be pretty lol)
    - Viper is speaking with someone from the Soteira Project saying everything is according to the plan except for Saphire Styx
    - She's too hungry for mutant souls, she almost killed Magneto and now she's killing Psylocke
    - The mysterious person from the Soteira's project says it's not a problem and Viper should just focus on the delivery, nothing matters apart the will of Soteira
    - Speaking of Saphire Stix, she's taunting Psylocke in her room
    - She's about to feed on Psylocke soul again when she discovered the Pyslocke is already dead
    - Elsewhere Jubilee, Kitty and Domino managed to go back to Wolverine hideout and they decide to take another approach : it's time to play it like Patch !
    - They investigate the island while hiding in plain sight (damn Logan would be so proud) until they discover one of Viper's merc protecting a strange guy
    - Domino and Jubilee managed to take her down (the scene where Domino took Bloodlust down is amazing) while Kitty is phasing the guy away
    - The trio is now questioning this guy, his name is Stenya Ubacowitsn he's a mathematician hired by Viper to plot flight trajectories for a satellite
    - Back to their cell, Rogue is awakening and she see Storm becoming more and more frustrated by this situation (the prison is bringing her fear about being trapped)
    - Outside the weather is becoming more and more unstable thanks to Storm's rage
    - Saphire Stix is enjoying this weather though, but she's surprised by someone
    - It's Patch !!!!! He's holding Psylocke lifeless body
    - Saphire Styx has been a really bad girl, and Patch is about to teach her some manners
    - To be continued...

I'm a little late with this one lol, it was a great issue ! I know people are unhappy about how easily the X-Women were taken down by the Femmes Fatales but it seems there's more than meets the eye here. Same for Magneto, I don't think Zub would just have them jobbed that way for no reason.
    So Psylocke is dead for now, but we know there will be a big change statu quo change and she's also going to have her revenge in the fourth issue. I wouldn't be surprised if she get a new body, similar to her classic one.
    Viper is connected to Soteira, we don't know what the goal of Soteira is for now but at least we have something linking Mystery in Madripoor and the Claws of the Killer mini.

The art is uneven, Logan looks great but the women body types and faces are too similar unfortunately. Now I would have prefered Bachalo, but the art is still passable and I have to admit I like those undercover clothings on Domino, Kitty and Jubilee.

Now about the big reveal : Patch ! I think it's a red herring, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a mental projection or someone impersonating him. Talking about impersonating people where is Mystique? Isn't Madripoor her turf nowadays?

All in all a good issue with uneven art.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-04-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Hunt For Wolverine Weapon Lost #3 :

- Daredevil, Nur and Misty find Cypher bleeding on the floor after he was attacked by "Wolverine" in the last issue
    - Fortunately he's still alive and Nur says he can save him with some inhuman technology
    - Nur brings Cypher to his ship while telling Daredevil and Misty to cover him
    - Daredevil knows something isn't right, his senses are messed up when he's closed to Nur's ship (because of the inhuman technology)
    - The thing that attacked Doug is hiding in plain sight, using the ship technology to its advantage and it's preparing to ambush the team
    - Daredevil doesn't want to hide and decide to attack "Wolverine", he wants some payback for what he did to Doug
    - Daredevil finally see the identity of this killer
    - It's something even more dangerous than Wolverine
    - It's ALBERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cyborg clone of Wolverine created by Pierce and the reavers during the 90s
    - Albert is crazy, something happened to him. He thinks Daredevil stole his daughter Elsie Dee (it's a little annoying cyborg girl that also appeared during the 90s, she's Albert sidekick basically and was programmed to kill Logan at first, she became one of Logan allies with Albert)
    - Daredevil in in trouble against Albert but Mysty managed to blast him with her arm
    - Albert managed to wound Mysty and Daredevil and run away but Daredevil has his scent now and he found his weakspot
    - Daredevil, Misty and nur managed to subdue Albert and Doug take his revenge by blasting him in his back (his weakspot) with a big gun (Cable would be proud)
    - Not sure if Albert is dead, but it's not in a good shape at all after what Cypher did to him lol
    - After it's done the team is back to square one, Cypher is healing but he might never recover his voice (until he meet Josh at least)
    - In the previous issue Cypher stole a phone in the cabin where he was attacked by Albert and he's now searching something with it
    - While Daredevil is meditating in order to heal his wounds and while Misty and Nur are drinking and making out Cypher shows them something
    - The team heads to Chicago and wants to see the security guard who posted some lies about Logan on his social media
    - Turns out the guy might have seen something because he quickly deleted what he wrote about Logan
    - Cypher found something strange, after Misty met him in the previous issue this guy completely disappeared from Social media
    - When the team arrived to his appartment, they found him dead
    - When they're about to investigate the crime scene, a hidden bomb explodes and blow up the whole appartment
    - To be continued....

Great issue, this mini continue to be my favourite from the whole hunt saga. Good writing and nice art (there is just a Daredevil pose that made me laughs but apart from that it was great)

The big revelation is that Daredevil found a Wolverine but not the right one, so don't be surprised if the Logan we saw in Claws of the killer, Mystery in Madripoor and in the Hunt one shot is not the real one either.

So Albert eh? He was mentioned in the first issue alongside Old Man Logan, Laura and Jimmy but it's still a nice surprise from Soule. For now we don't know what happened to him, if he has any connection to Logan's disappearance and what made him go nuts apart from the loss of Elsie Dee.

Nice bait and switch by Soule and a really fun issue I also like the reference to the Enemy of the States storyline by Daredevil.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-04-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Albert is back, the greatest Marvel creation ever seen, hell yeah (also when was the last time than we saw him, he sort of dissapeared with Bloodscream and Elsie Dee on that issue and it was never seen again

I really want to know what's the deal with this Soteira stuff and who's really behind Viper and her minions.
    I'm glad Cypher is okay, hope his vocal cords heal but Weapon Lost #3 felt more like a filler.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Albert is back, the greatest Marvel creation ever seen, hell yeah (also when was the last time than we saw him, he sort of dissapeared with Bloodscream and Elsie Dee on that issue and it was never seen again
    Didn't Bloodscream pop up somewhere a month or two ago?

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    Didn't Bloodscream pop up somewhere a month or two ago?
    Bloodscream came back in a Tom DeFalco story arc back in the 90s, without explanation of what happened to Al and Elsie Dee, but yes he appeared last month in Old Man Logan.

Albert FTW Yeah they both completely disappeared after this issue, I think Albert appeared in the Deadpool Too soon mini and an alternate version of him and Elsie Dee appeared in Exiles #85-86. Still it was a great reveal and I thought his mention in the first issue was just a joke lol.
    Bloodscream & Roughouse in the last Old Man Logan arc and now Albert and maybe Elsie Dee in the Hunt, only one missing is the Hunter in Darkness and we will have all the big players from the Hama run lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I really want to know what's the deal with this Soteira stuff and who's really behind Viper and her minions.
    I'm glad Cypher is okay, hope his vocal cords heal but Weapon Lost #3 felt more like a filler.
    Yeah this Soteira mystery is really interesting, all we know right now is that the woman at the head of the project has big plans and a unique worldview. Also they're trying to revive something but for now they can only revive people as zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Albert FTW Yeah they both completely disappeared after this issue, I think Albert appeared in the Deadpool Too soon mini and an alternate version of him and Elsie Dee appeared in Exiles #85-86. Still it was a great reveal and I thought his mention in the first issue was just a joke lol.
    Bloodscream & Roughouse in the last Old Man Logan arc and now Albert and maybe Elsie Dee in the Hunt, only one missing is the Hunter in Darkness and we will have all the big players from the Hama run lol.

Yeah this Soteira mystery is really interesting, all we know right now is that the woman at the head of the project has big plans and a unique worldview. Also they're trying to revive something but for now they can only revive people as zombies.
    Albert was Logan true sucessor, Marvel boycotted that because it was too awesome . Hunter of Darkness was one of the best issues of Hama's run, if he appears again, that's great.

Thanks for the info too.

Soteira's goal is to reanimate dead people, right? I didn't read Claws of a Killer yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Soteira's goal is to reanimate dead people, right? I didn't read Claws of a Killer yet.
    It seems to be one of their goals but we don't know why or for what reason. For now their experiment is a failure because each time they revive someone, that person come back to life as a zombie.

Those zombies also have the ability to turn off the healing factor of the person they bite.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-04-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think I know who Soteira is. I think it's a she and that she think she was mentioned in both issues of this Mystery in Madripoor mini.

Who should always appear in Madripoor stories besides obviously Viper?
    Right: Tyger Tiger!

So I think it's her.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think I know who Soteira is. I think it's a she and that she think she was mentioned in both issues of this Mystery in Madripoor mini.

Who should always appear in Madripoor stories besides obviously Viper?
    Right: Tyger Tiger!

So I think it's her.
    The head of the Soteira project is indeed a woman, you can see her hand in the Hunt for Wolverine one shot. Soule said she's a new character with a unique powerset and a unique worldview that hasn't been done before. We should learn more about her during the Hunt saga and in the Return of Wolverine mini.

I'm not sure if Soteira is the name of someone but it's the name of a project in Claws of a Killer and it might also be the name of an organization (like Hydra for example). But I do agree with you about the lack of Tyger Tiger, it's really troubling.

The head of the Soteira project is indeed a woman, you can see her hand in the Hunt for Wolverine one shot. Soule said she's a new character with a unique powerset and a unique worldview that hasn't been done before. We should learn more about her during the Hunt saga and in the Return of Wolverine mini.

I'm not sure if Soteira is the name of someone but it's the name of a project in Claws of a Killer and it might also be the name of an organization (like Hydra for example). But I do agree with you about the lack of Tyger Tiger, it's really troubling.
    I know that there has been a change of power in Madripoor for some time, so it make me wonder what Tyger Tyger has been doing about it.

BANNED

I know that there has been a change of power in Madripoor for some time, so it make me wonder what Tyger Tyger has been doing about it.
    When did that happen? I know Kimura tried to seize control from Tyger in ANW, but Laura helped put a stop to that.

All-New Member

Isn't Soteira a morlock scientist from that old Wolverine/Punisher story? There are certain elements in Claws of a Killer mini that make them look connected.