Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Cheetah is Officially Faster Than Wonder Woman

From DC Nation #2(out today):

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I'm not sure whether this is a good thing but it does give Cheetah an edge over Diana in combat.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Fantastic Member

I think it's an equalizer, more than an edge.

Diana still has her beat in all the other areas, and she has crazy good weapons. Cheetah's unpredictability, coupled with Diana's compassion, balances it out a bit, though.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodofBoredom View Post
    I think it's an equalizer, more than an edge.

Diana still has her beat in all the other areas, and she has crazy good weapons. Cheetah's unpredictability, coupled with Diana's compassion, balances it out a bit, though.
    Hmm good point.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I think this is a good thing. Hopefully anytime some writers decides to job Cheetah like what was done in Green Arrow several years back, the editor of the book show this page to them and says "try again".
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

As I said in the other thread, much as I agree with the chart, it's nothing 'official,' just the opinion of one writer.

Did Rucka portray Rebirth Cheetah with any impressive speed feats? I don't remember.

Retired

Well they say that Superman is unmatched when flying in the air, but that he can't run as fast on the ground. So you'd think that Wonder Woman flies faster than she runs and thus would overtake Cheetah. But then they also show Captain Marvel flying and say he has the speed of Hermes--which Diana also has--so you'd think in flight that Billy and Diana travel at the same speed, yet he's well behind her. Maybe if they both use the power at the same time it taxes the messenger god and he only gives them so much speed each--and he gives more to Diana because she's his best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    As I said in the other thread, much as I agree with the chart, it's nothing 'official,' just the opinion of one writer.

But it wasn't just published in a single hero's or a team book it was published in DC Nation which covers the entire DCU. If you don't think that makes it "official", what would make it official?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well they say that Superman is unmatched when flying in the air, but that he can't run as fast on the ground. So you'd think that Wonder Woman flies faster than she runs and thus would overtake Cheetah. But then they also show Captain Marvel flying and say he has the speed of Hermes--which Diana also has--so you'd think in flight that Billy and Diana travel at the same speed, yet he's well behind her. Maybe if they both use the power at the same time it taxes the messenger god and he only gives them so much speed each--and he gives more to Diana because she's his best friend.
    Hmmn. Good theory, except Mercury still has his own superspeed powers, so I don't think the gifting depletes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    But it wasn't just published in a single hero's or a team book it was published in DC Nation which covers the entire DCU. If you don't think that makes it "official", what would make it official?
    Well, they make it clear that it's the opinion of one writer in the description, so it's officially the opinion of Josh Williamson

I like rankings, and DC needs more of them.

Next, I would love to see a strength ranking of these characters.

All-New Member

But Diana is superior in every other physical area, has better weaponry and even if true, I doubt Cheetah is that much faster so..

EDIT: LMAO I'll take that with a grain of salt. Diana is not the greatest warrior and honestly Diana knowing more about the mechanics of running then the Flashes (Wally and Barry) and Superman being that high up? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Rogue; 07-04-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Incredible Member

I thought it was a given that Cheetah was faster than Wonder Woman. If Diana is better than Barbara at everything, then where is the challenge (other than a personal / emotional one due to fighting her good friend)?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hmmn. Good theory, except Mercury still has his own superspeed powers, so I don't think the gifting depletes him.
    But in Ordway's POWER OF SHAZAM! it was established that the Shazam family shared their power with each other and when all three had the power at the same time, each only had a fragment of the full power. As well, going back to the 1940s, Cap saves Freddy by sharing his power with him. So it's built into the concept of Captain Marvel that the power is gifted and shared--which could put a limit on Cap.

Although, frankly I don't think this is really why his speed is ranked lower than Diana's. I think the ranking has more to do with where they rank in the minds of DC creators. Superman is considered more important than Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman is considered more important than Cap/Shazam. It's probably also the case that their support from fans falls in this order. So Clark's fans outnumber Billy's fans.