Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

I dont' mind Diana not being the fastest, as long as her speed and martial ability allows her to react FAST enough to dodge and counter attack I'm happy.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Well, they make it clear that it's the opinion of one writer in the description, so it's officially the opinion of Josh Williamson

Still, i think this will set some precedent for time to come. Williamson's run on the Flash is highly regarded so I think other writers will take his word on these characters' speed.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Incredible Member

I'm not mad at it. It's an idea that makes the Cheetah a real threat, rather than a villain who can casually be defeated by...Catwoman. And Green Arrow.

I like this and think it's good for Cheetah.

Just for funsies, I might have put her ahead of Superman and behind the Flashes.

I know they want Big Blue to be end all be all, but I'd like it to be possible that Cheetah could jump on the Cosmic Treadmill with the Flashes if necessary and jump to another dimension.

Regardless, this is fun. And could make for some interesting team-ups between Cheetah and Reverse Flash. (I know Rucka did one in his first Wonder Woman run, but it felt like Cheetah was subordinate, instead of his equal.)

Anyone know if their are any magic or technological devices that allow a normal human/being to tap into the Speed Force and become a speedster?

Also, I think Diana faired well in this, which EXCITES me, because usually she gets overlooked.

Also, also, we know from fairly recent Batman issues that no Flash is that fast if mind-controlled by Poison Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But in Ordway's POWER OF SHAZAM! it was established that the Shazam family shared their power with each other and when all three had the power at the same time, each only had a fragment of the full power. As well, going back to the 1940s, Cap saves Freddy by sharing his power with him. So it's built into the concept of Captain Marvel that the power is gifted and shared--which could put a limit on Cap.

Although, frankly I don't think this is really why his speed is ranked lower than Diana's. I think the ranking has more to do with where they rank in the minds of DC creators. Superman is considered more important than Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman is considered more important than Cap/Shazam. It's probably also the case that their support from fans falls in this order. So Clark's fans outnumber Billy's fans.
    Yeah, I am very familiar with the Marvel Family sharing the powers that the Wizard bestowed on Captain Marvel. But that is the point: the three Marvel Family members share the powers, because Freddy and Mary take their powers from the finite portion that Cap possesses. They do not draw additional powers from the other gods, only on that amount that was apportioned to Cap directly.

But I agree that some writers think WW is superior while others like Cap Marvel better.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well they say that Superman is unmatched when flying in the air, but that he can't run as fast on the ground. So you'd think that Wonder Woman flies faster than she runs and thus would overtake Cheetah. But then they also show Captain Marvel flying and say he has the speed of Hermes--which Diana also has--so you'd think in flight that Billy and Diana travel at the same speed, yet he's well behind her. Maybe if they both use the power at the same time it taxes the messenger god and he only gives them so much speed each--and he gives more to Diana because she's his best friend.
    I would argue that even if they can move at the same speed, Diana would have a better running form than Billy. He's too young to have fully developed that. She'd edge him out with finesse every time.

Seems like we're getting more details soon! https://twitter.com/mingdoyle/status...19265135665152

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Seems like we're getting more details soon! https://twitter.com/mingdoyle/status...19265135665152

Interesting.

I hope they have a class in the medical school at Holliday University that teaches metaphysiology.