Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default We need to do a "support your comic shop" day!

This guys video says it all. (note he curses in video) Comic shops are hurting over dc's dumb stunt and many need your support after the batman mess. Many comic shops who were going to close today to be with their families opened to promote this book. They lost a lot on this and are hurting. Many were using this to lure new readers to their comic shops. They dressed the shops up and someone on cbr reports one even hired a wedding planning to do a batman catwoman display! comic shops were having a midnight party and cosplay partys to set the batman issue up. They went all out for this! Some even got food for the event! All comic shop were send a wedding invite also! DC hyped the crap out of this and they got more copies they are now stuck with!

If your comic shop is open please stop by and buy something. Even if it's just a few comics from the $1 bin help them out! Buy that uncle scrooge trade you have been wanting or that issue of transformers you are missing or a manga or a old 70s comic.

Help your shops out guys this really messed some of them up! We need to pick a day and do a "support you local comic shop day"!

I will post this in the marvel thread also. What do you guys think? Will this help the shops?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

It might not help if the store in question doesn't stock anything that interest me.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Back when readers were a lot more naive about comic book "deaths," DC put out a huge hype that it was killing Superman.

The comic sold a zillion copies.

Now I think readers will be a lot less naive about hype over comic book "marriages."

Mighty Member

Default Support Your Local Comic Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Back when readers were a lot more naive about comic book "deaths," DC put out a huge hype that it was killing Superman.

Now I think readers will be a lot less naive about hype over comic book "marriages."
    I think you're right here. I know I didn't bother but then I'm not a Batman fan. I have 2 regular shops that I go to on a regular basis so I already support them. I understand the frustration over this non event by shop owners.
    Last edited by alton; 07-17-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    It might not help if the store in question doesn't stock anything that interest me.
    Boy, just one wet blanket comment after another. How do you get by on a daily basis?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    This guys video says it all. (note he curses in video) Comic shops are hurting over dc's dumb stunt and many need your support after the batman mess. Many comic shops who were going to close today to be with their families opened to promote this book. They lost a lot on this and are hurting. Many were using this to lure new readers to their comic shops. They dressed the shops up and someone on cbr reports one even hired a wedding planning to do a batman catwoman display! comic shops were having a midnight party and cosplay partys to set the batman issue up. They went all out for this! Some even got food for the event! All comic shop were send a wedding invite also! DC hyped the crap out of this and they got more copies they are now stuck with!

If your comic shop is open please stop by and buy something. Even if it's just a few comics from the $1 bin help them out! Buy that uncle scrooge trade you have been wanting or that issue of transformers you are missing or a manga or a old 70s comic.

Help your shops out guys this really messed some of them up! We need to pick a day and do a "support you local comic shop day"!

I will post this in the marvel thread also. What do you guys think? Will this help?

Good points here.Thanks for this post maybe it will help.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post

I agree, Trey. Anybody thinking this was going to be anything like Superman's "death" were not thinking straight. Heck, people thinking Superman's death was for good a quarter of a century ago were not thinking straight, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

I will post this in the marvel thread also. What do you guys think? Will this help the shops?

Don't worry, Batman will always sell no matter what DC does with the character. Heaven forbid that DC would ever let Batman grow or evolve as a character, the character will always sell regardless.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 07-17-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Boy, just one wet blanket comment after another. How do you get by on a daily basis?
    How is that a wet blanket comment just b/c it comes from a poster that's not falling over themselves to agree.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mine is more upset about the Walmart deal honestly, Batman #50 still sold well for him.

As I said in the other thread you made on this topic, Free Comic Book Day is supposed to be "help your local comic shop day". It is supposed to get new fans and draw attention to stores.

Also, a store not doing it or not doing it properly does not change this.

Comic Books Stores are going the way of the Dodo and I honestly don't care because there are way better ways to sell Comic Books.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Kinda reminds me of what I heard about Hitchcock's Psycho release in the theaters.
    Janet Leigh had top billing in the movie, so obviously, no one saw the twist coming.

But Hitchcock's mission wasn't to sell people a Janet Leigh movie. It was to tell a story.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

There is no such thing as a Local Comic Shop in my part of Ohio.
    They disappeared years ago.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Was it the Phantom Zone of the Negative Zone?��

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Was it the Phantom Zone of the Negative Zone?😀