Default How do you want Devastation to be written?

I do like the apperance as a child. And the idea of her being made from Diana is creepy. Whether it be from an alternate timeline or the current timeline Wonder Woman.

Fantastic Member

I like Deva, but the gods that created her were lame and they did not need to be created for her to be created. There are MORE than enough Titans and other gods that could have given her powers; she could have been the daughter of Nyx and Ouranous.

Incredible Member

I wouldn’t mind if she was a little like Diana’s version of Bizarro. Not that I was Diana’s villains to be knock-offs of Superman and Batman villains, but I wouldn’t mind someone who is something of a mindless / directionless brute force, but with whom Diana feels a connection to and responsible for, kind of like a parent or older sibling.

Devastation has always been a tough character to me, since her creation was such an on the nose version of Diana’s origin. I’m curious if she returns if she’ll be the demigod daughter of Chronos and ??? now, since Diana’s origin is different now.

I haven’t given her child-like aspect much thought either and how that might work as a detriment to Diana.

Kind of like how I talked about Dark Angel in her thread, I might make Deva an avatar of the Titans who are trying to escape Tartarus and want revenge on the Olympians for their and their children’s fate.

I need to think about her more. She’s a difficult character for me, similar to my issues with Genocide. I don’t find them all that intriguing.

Deva is interesting because part of her character is being sneaky and clever.... despite having the brute strength for a stand-up fight.

Then there's the fact Diana would rather help her than hurt her. This is because Deva has a sweet and innocent side which is something Diana wants to encourage her to embrace. When Diana first met Deva she was sitting on the roof of a building... wearing a t-shirt and baggy pants. then Deva does a quick change and sucker punches WW...

The fact she usually looks like a teenager is something that is unique since most villains look big and scary.... which is probably part of why she usually wears that odd outfit with the thorn crown and breastplate with cape. Also the sword which she carries, but rarely uses. It makes her more sinister looking without making her big and bulky.

Honestly, I could see her getting used in books like Young Justice over WW, just because she's a teen. It's be hilarious seeing them relax and have fun in a park and have Deva show up and have fun with them and not act sinister or malicious at all. Until someone like Robin does something dumb and demands to know why she's there.

As for origin... the important part of her origin is that the Titans created her to be a living weapon that can kill WW. Whether she's actually made from the same clay as WW, or created in some other way isn't important. I did love the part where WW "corrupted" Deva's essence by adding her own blood to the magic concoction used to make Deva. It was one of the coolest ways I've ever seen to shake a villain's confidence in their chosen course of action.

Oh, also, it's a bit head-canony, but I like the idea that her tactical genius power sometimes manifests as her choosing to fake her death or let heroes beat her. It's as simple as "I had a goal, but now I can't do that, so I'm leaving now."