Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The Flash #33

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post

They do read better in trade. I disagree that they were consistently good. I saw improvement for new writers... but not enough improvement over two years. The dialogue was so heavy handed that I couldn't get past it. Anyone else want to hear the words "move forward" one more time? I thought Gorilla Warfare was a horrible way to reboot Grodd. The Reverse-Flash that they created was terrible and ugly. Mob Rule was a heavy handed way for Manapul to introduce a Filipino villain in an arc that had no business being 6 issues... or the opening arc of a reboot. That alone is over half of Manapul's run on the book.

Which team? I think the Wally West burden put on Venditti/Jensen is much larger than anything put on M&B. I'll say it again that I don't think M&B are bad writers... nor am I saying that V&J are stellar. I haven't been reading Green Lantern/Corps lately but I've heard more than a few people say that the books started off slowly but are now pretty good?! I just don't think M&B were suited for the Flash book. They didn't think big (crazy sci-fi concepts) enough. They weren't detailed/knowledgeable enough to emphasize the CSI part of Barry's life. The pacing was a little slow... and they put way too much emphasis on detailed layouts. That was why all their issues were such fast reads. They were rarely very dense... and when they used more words it was way to expository.
    Jensen's Green Lantern Crops is fine, and is an enjoyable read each month. It's Venditti's Green Lantern that is flat out awful, and The Flash has started to read just as bad as his GL. So I think Venditti is the dud writer, not Jensen.

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    I agree. The "Future Flash trying to kill his past self" plotline is stupid and pointless. Future Flash can go back in time to save Wally West without desiring to kill present-day Barry Allen. Future Flash does not need to kill his past self in order to save Wally. Future Flash should not even want to kill his past self, because it would possibly delete his future/present self from the timeline.
    Future Flash can save Wally without killing present-day Barry Allen... because Barry Allen had virtually nothing to do with Wally's death. Barry just didn't arrive in time to save Wally from the car accident...so Barry was not at the scene where Wally was killed when Wally was killed.

It is pointless to go back in time to kill someone who wasn't directly responsible for someone else's future death when that death took place. It is pointless to kill a person who wasn't even at the scene where another person died when the death took place...even if you were going back in time to prevent someone's death.
    When someone dies in a car crash, and another person didn't arrive at the accident scene in time to save the victim, that person who was late to the scene was NOT responsible for the accident in the first place. He or she is just an innocent bystander. Going back in time to save an accident victim would require that the accident would be prevented from taking place.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Isn't it clear that he is doing because he believes it will fix the Speed Force somehow? He believes that he and others connected to the Speed Force broke it.
    Someone else will break it, like maybe someone reading the notes of Darwin Elias
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage