Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Based on the recent comments, it seems separate - particularly given the end of that series (which was arguably too easy, but that's a separate issue). The color change, to me, makes it clear this is different. Her angry Hulk was at least a gray Hulk.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Perhaps the Eternals will resurrect with the end of the story? But as a group Marvel has never really been able to do anything with the Eternals. Sersi was a great character for the Avengers and Thena was a great character for heroes for hire.

But while the Asgardians have a lead character, Thor, who is a popular hero and anchor for stories involving Asgardian characters Marvel never developed any of the eternals like that. I think they could with Sersi, but they made the mistake of removing her from being an active Avenger.

Put an eternal in the Avengers and write the hell out of them. Have an eternal show up in X-Men and make it spectacular. If you do a good job writing characters, obscure characters can become A list. Look at Guardians of the Galaxy. They were Z list in the 90s, but because of the films A list.

Even putting an eternal in an useful role in cartoons and video games would help. Well, technically there's Thanos, but they've not really developed the others.
    I think you’d have the same problem you had with the inhumans; individual members are more interesting than the group. I never really got into the eternals; jack kirby’s Stuff was a little too out there for me. I knew who Ikaris and Sersei are. But net too much about the group as a whole. I’ve only recently learned about their basis in Greek mythology, so I was thinking about giving their next relaunch a shot. Has Hercules ever met the eternals?
    Last edited by protege; 07-05-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I think you’d have the same problem you had with the inhumans; individual members are more interesting than the group. I never really got into the eternals; jack kirby’s Stuff was a little too out there for me. I knew who Ikaris and Sersei are. But net too much about the group as a whole. I’ve only recently learned about their basis in Greek mythology, so I was thinking about giving their next relaunch a shot. Has Hercules ever met the eternals?
    Many times such as during the Eternal saga of Thor. #291 to be precise when the Asgardians and Olympians launched an attack on Olympia, teaming up with Sersi on multiple occasions e.g. Chaos War and Gilgamesh\ The Forgotten one in his most recent solo\ mini series.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Try reading her dialogue from the moment she is first portrayed this way in Thor, through Legacy and this story so far. It is entirely consistent with her being driven mad by the celestial's inner thoughts.

Especially:

"GAGGH! Voice in head won't shut up. Stupid puny dead space giant. Stupid voice say... RRRRRRRGGGH!" (issue 3)

Back in Thor she is complaining of being 'broken' which is kind of odd, and everyone assumed it was her talking about herself.

She isn't in Legacy I don't think, but the Celestial screams "GAAAGGH!!!" which admitedly is a slim coincidence but I don't believe it is supposed to be a coincidence.

She immediately connects with the dying celestial in the street telepathically. Which is very odd.

My summation is that she has had a connection with the mad celestial all along, and the connection to the other one was part of that.
    The voice Jen was hearing in issue 3 was Eson's she got from issue 2 when her eyes light up. She mentions it died, which Eson did while the mad celestial is still alive.

It wasn't really odd as her control over her Hulk was broken. Broken could also mean her life as she went from building her own business and a popular superhero to having to restart her life dealing with PTSD. I do see the potential as we do not know what was the outside influence that caused her to lose complete control in that issue.

There's only a couple ways for making a character vocally express pain. Even in this issue, Thor exclaims hhrrgh and a page later Jen says hrrgh.

I don't see that as odd as the celestial, granted was critically damaged, was still able to fight and teleport Jen directly to Ghost Rider's location and Eson needed anyone to know about the cure which Jen, as the closest intelligent being, would have to be its choice.

This theory does makes sense for She-Hulk out of the team as her hulk would be a good cover for voices or irrational decisions. Plus, Jen is arguably she is the less watched by friends/supporting cast characters at this time. However, the Mad/Dark Celestials are so powerful I am at a lost as for what they gain from mind linking with She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    The voice Jen was hearing in issue 3 was Eson's she got from issue 2 when her eyes light up. She mentions it died, which Eson did while the mad celestial is still alive.

It wasn't really odd as her control over her Hulk was broken. Broken could also mean her life as she went from building her own business and a popular superhero to having to restart her life dealing with PTSD. I do see the potential as we do not know what was the outside influence that caused her to lose complete control in that issue.

There's only a couple ways for making a character vocally express pain. Even in this issue, Thor exclaims hhrrgh and a page later Jen says hrrgh.

I don't see that as odd as the celestial, granted was critically damaged, was still able to fight and teleport Jen directly to Ghost Rider's location and Eson needed anyone to know about the cure which Jen, as the closest intelligent being, would have to be its choice.

This theory does makes sense for She-Hulk out of the team as her hulk would be a good cover for voices or irrational decisions. Plus, Jen is arguably she is the less watched by friends/supporting cast characters at this time. However, the Mad/Dark Celestials are so powerful I am at a lost as for what they gain from mind linking with She-Hulk.
    I don't think it is deliberate. I think the psychic pain of the mad celestial crying out to the final host to purge the world is super loud and is causing Jen psychic pain as a side effect. Why she is hearing it we don't know. But this seems to be the story being told from my perspective. We will see if it get explained in exposition at any point. It would certainly be very handy from a story structure perspective. We need to understand the mad celestial. We need to know why exactly he is calling the final host, and what exactly he wants them to do. we cant rely on Loki to tell us everything.