BANNED

Default Preview: Amazing Spider-Man (2018)#1

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-man-1-preview/

Looks like there's a reason the heroes are annoyed at Peter when he swings in...

I remember when we got the earlier preview and we were complaining about how the heroes where treating Spidey some were already piss with Spencer. At least we will have a reasoning behind it

Spectacular Member

Judging by the size of Hawkeye's arrows those things aren't gonna do much damage....it's like Rob Liefeld's feet

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Ottley draws a solid current She-Hulk. So that makes about...two or three artists who can actually draw her well in that design .

I wonder who staged the robbery to draw Spider-Man there? Seems like a corporate type, but with "Stern, savings, and loan," Black Cat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I remember when we got the earlier preview and we were complaining about how the heroes where treating Spidey some were already piss with Spencer. At least we will have a reasoning behind it
    To be fair, we've seen the Superhero community treat Spider-Man like dirt for little reason over the past few years, so it wasn't a giant leap after reading the earlier preview.

The fact that there's actually might be a justified reason for it is a step-up from how it's usually used.

Looks fun, can't wait!
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Astonishing Member

Great preview.
    The new Amazing Spider-Man comic book looks a must buy to me now after reading the preview.
    I was surprised that i am enjoying so much of the art,Ryan Ottley being a artist that i have never read any comic books before is looking to be a awesome choice to be the artist of ASM.
    And i did liked that the first issue of ASM had so many guest stars as well,itīs quite interesting to see how the writer and artist are giving bits of their own takes in so many other marvel super heroes.
    The heroes fighting those bug/alien creatures is made of win.I liked the way some heroes are covered in green slime from fighting those creatures.
    The preview finishes in a clifhanger,thus making me look forward even more to read my copy of ASM:1.
    BTW other super heroes snobing Spider-Man is nothing new,even waaay back in Secret Wars#8,when Spider-Man finds the symbiote in Beyonder planet,Thor and the Hulk tells generallly that there is a machine that makes new costume but donīt actually points where that machine was.Even Spider-Man is left talking alone by the Hulk after he askīs where actually the machine was.Lol.

The artwork certainly looks great.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-man-1-preview/

Looks like there's a reason the heroes are annoyed at Peter when he swings in...
    I expected the actual issue would supply context for the reactions.

I almost wish that publishers wouldn't bother to release any preview pages.

When they do, so many fans seize on a panel or moment and make instant assumptions, forgetting that there's a whole story to come that will surely put that preview in a different perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

When they do, so many fans seize on a panel or moment and make instant assumptions, forgetting that there's a whole story to come that will surely put that preview in a different perspective.
    Sadly true. Better to read the issue with the full scope in mind than a preview.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Sadly true. Better to read the issue with the full scope in mind than a preview.
    Hopefully a sign that Spidey will go back to being a loner again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

In this case, it's a credit to Spencer's mastery of storytelling that the previews still have some tantalizing vagueness to them. I hope he keeps up this "writing for the previews" style with the first few pages of his books.

Not to mention it looks like even the first couple pages were omitted from this preview as well, and considering we got one big 40-page story to look forward to, that's alot of content to be surprised by!