xyzz

Default Frank Miller Universe

Hi,
    I'm new here.

Anyone here can categorize what's actually canon in the universe created by Frank Miller (TDKR) ?

From all I know I can say there is Year One, All-Star Batman, TDKR (1-3) And The Last Crusade . And Planetary crossover.

But looking over the internet there are more possibilities. Like Spawn Batman, Year Two (alongisde full circle and Detective Comics 574), some sites even tell that Long Halloween ?

Can someone help me categorize maybe all that's canon in this universe here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xyzz View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new here.

Anyone here can categorize what's actually canon in the universe created by Frank Miller (TDKR) ?

From all I know I can say there is Year One, All-Star Batman, TDKR (1-3) And The Last Crusade . And Planetary crossover.

But looking over the internet there are more possibilities. Like Spawn Batman, Year Two (alongisde full circle and Detective Comics 574), some sites even tell that Long Halloween ?

Can someone help me categorize maybe all that's canon in this universe here?

Thanks
    I'd add Batman and Spawn, but not the other stuff. Basically, if Frank Miller wrote it and it fits, it is.

BANNED

And you can definitely rule out the Planetary crossover as being Miller canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'd add Batman and Spawn, but not the other stuff.
    Yup - When Miller did Spawn/Batman, he said he considered it canon between Year One and TDKR.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Basically, if Frank Miller wrote it and it fits, it is.
    That sounds right to me - except for the "and it fits" part. You could easily make a case that the various parts don't fit - but every Batman thing he wrote is officially part of his cannon.
    Last edited by dancj; 07-05-2018 at 04:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Year Two and Long Halloween are not. Year Two was written as a continuation for Year One but was set in the main universe, just like Year One, actually. Long Halloween was written much later, also meant as a continuation of Year One, though not part of Millerverse.