Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Will Peter Parker ever be as respected as Steve Rogers In the Marvel Universe?

Captain America makes everything good and hopeful, he is jesus and medal of honor at the same time. So naturally, he has the respect and trust of every single being in marvel contrasting this to the complete disregard and mockery a certain Web slinger who is the reciprocal od cap in heroism and purity.

It begs the question, will spidey ever be as admired as Cable says he will be?

Out of universe he already is.

In universe hopefully never. Captain America is completely insufferable and sanctimonious, because writers have collectively decided that he's perfect and right about everything, and use him as the voice of the the author/god to declare in the most obnoxious manner what's right.

No, because Spiderman is not meant to be like Captain America. Cap is a trained soldier who follows orders but also knows how to show that he has authority, Spiderman is a lovable goofball who is good at what he does but doesn't take it very seriously. It's only when he does get serious in stories such as Ends of the Earth that he could be compared to Cap.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

If they ever wanted to write the story, but that would most likely be in some alternate future or end up getting reversed by something like OMD because characters will always revert to what people identify with the brand. Cable says a lot of stuff that does not happen though.

No because enough member of the readership insist he be a loveable loser who is treated like a clown. No matter how often he is shown plan a strategy he has to be considered a guy who wings it. No matter how much he achieves using his brain he has to be shown as a joke next to serious people of science.
    When Cap was dead Dr. Strange called him the best of us but it will never take.

Well, according to Cable he'll be the greatest hero of all. Presumably, at some point in the future he gets respect.

In the actual "present" that the MU will continue? Doubt it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    Captain America makes everything good and hopeful, he is jesus and medal of honor at the same time. So naturally, he has the respect and trust of every single being in marvel contrasting this to the complete disregard and mockery a certain Web slinger who is the reciprocal od cap in heroism and purity.

It begs the question, will spidey ever be as admired as Cable says he will be?
    He already is greatly admired by the Avengers, Xmen(most of them anyway) and F.F.

It's just the general public that don't know what he has done and sacrificed that don't respect him.

But it's the fact that Spider Man does what he does without getting much external validation that
    makes him so special.

Spectacular Member

In Universe, he'd be the guy heroes talk about a decade or two from now when discussing "the greats." "Cap was good, I'll give you that, but you know who was great--hear me out--SPIDERMAN!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Tanner View Post
    In Universe, he'd be the guy heroes talk about a decade or two from now when discussing "the greats." "Cap was good, I'll give you that, but you know who was great--hear me out--SPIDERMAN!"
    You have to figure the heroes that are Kitty Pryde's age and younger: The New Mutants, The New Warriors and the Future Foundation probably talk about Spider Man among themselves the way the rest of the heroes talk about Captain America.

He already is Franklin Richards favorite hero (that he's isn't related to already).

The people of the MU don't know Spidey/Peter as well as they do Cap. Thanks to One More Day, no one remembers that Peter is Spidey except for the few he's told since then. Everybody knows Steve rogers is Cap, hence there is a higher level of trust there. Likewise, after having Doc Ock running around in his body, I'm sure a lot of people don't know what to make of him anymore!

Will he EVER be as respected as Cap? Doubtful.

It simply doesn't fit his role in the MU. At least not now.

BANNED

Parker is much more respectable to me. He's flawed. He's real. Cap is a guy that was basically created to be the ideal American symbol. Comes off rather condescending more so than not. Now that Cap is Falcon....Parker takes it by a landslide

BANNED

During Annihilation Quasar gave the Great Responsibility speech to Nova. Across space Spider-Man's message is still used during that holocaust of war. If that doesn't say Spider-Man is respected by Quasar and Nova well I don't know what to tell you. Their ya go.

BANNED

I have no respect for Captain America. He's a crusty old fart. Glad his outer appearance finally caught up with his ugly inner-self.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

There's many reasons to respect a person. I doubt Spidey would get props for leadership, but I'd bet he'd get more props for being friendlier.

But by the world, at large, probably not... unless he saves the world several times over, on camera or something.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier