Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default An Army of Deathloks Target Robinson's "All-New Invaders"

James Robinson explains the story that begins in "All-New Invaders" #8, when the team faces an arm of every incarnation of cyborg super soldier Deathlok.

Full article here.

I'm glad that he acknowledged Bucky and Cap's changing of status quo coming up. I hope to see old man Rogers telling them what to do from Avengers Mansion and Bucky being the new man on the wall(if rumors are to be believed). I do wonder if the new Captain America , Sam Wilson, will be joining this group or if it will just contain of Human Torch, Namor, Bucky, Radiance, and whoever this new heroine is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Sounds like a lot of good stuff on the way for the book. Wasn't worried that Robinson wouldn't reference what happened in other books as he's always been pretty good about that. I'm more interested in the arc after Deathloks though plus curious about how Namor was involved in the Nuremberg Trials.

I really hope more readers jump on this title. I mention it as much as I can. I want James to be on this and the FF for years to come.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

The cover with Orson on it has me interested.

What's the run of Invaders been like so far? Never really been attached to any of the characters a huge amount so didn't pick it up. Worth checking out?

BANNED

YES, KEEP SUPERB STEVE PUGH ON THE ART!

Now that, that is out of the way ... Another intriguing interview with Robinson about one of my favorite books! Lots of cool things to look forward to. I'm wondering who the second legacy heroine is going to be and which villain she's descended from. I'm even interested in the Cap and Luther Manning confrontation -- Robinson makes it sound like it will have some nice emotional resonance.

Namor at the Nurenburg trials! Wow. That should be awesome. And I hope we'll FINALLY get a Namor pov story with that. That's an ideal setting.

Too excited about Orson Randall showing up with Union Jack! And Killraven! Sad it's only going to be a cameo for Spitfire and Union Jack II.

And yes, folks should BUY THIS BOOK! One only has to read the epilogue of the first arc with Galactus and the Eternals to understand there are some HUGE, HUGE, things coming. Bucky's new status is going to play into it big time, I'm guessing.

Nits about the interview ... Not enough about Namor in my entirely biased opinion. And I know Robinson loves the character, but I really wish he'd quit saying saying Torch is the first Marvel Superhero. Namor is the older character.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm glad that he acknowledged Bucky and Cap's changing of status quo coming up. I hope to see old man Rogers telling them what to do from Avengers Mansion and Bucky being the new man on the wall(if rumors are to be believed). I do wonder if the new Captain America , Sam Wilson, will be joining this group or if it will just contain of Human Torch, Namor, Bucky, Radiance, and whoever this new heroine is.
    I'd be okay if it's just Steve since Sam is just coming in as Cap. I do wonder what Buck's role will continue to be in the book after his series is launched though. That should be interesting. I look forward to learning about the legacy characters and will continue to pre-order this book for as long as it runs.

If I was a fan of FF, I'd be all over that book too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Sounds like a lot of good stuff on the way for the book. Wasn't worried that Robinson wouldn't reference what happened in other books as he's always been pretty good about that. I'm more interested in the arc after Deathloks though plus curious about how Namor was involved in the Nuremberg Trials.
    Definitely interested in hearing about this bit of Namor's history.

Liking Pugh's Bucky looks like he'll have some good moments against the Deathloks as well.

Agree with you about Robinson's error with Namor, Rheged. I do hope he does put aside his love for Jim to give Namor some much deserved time to shine (as he promised.)
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    The cover with Orson on it has me interested.

What's the run of Invaders been like so far? Never really been attached to any of the characters a huge amount so didn't pick it up. Worth checking out?
    It's a good adventure book, with an old school vibe, but, as Robinson said, set firmly in the middle of what's happening in the MU now. You've got some flashbacks to WWII, and there's very much a sense of these guys being war buddies, as there's some great interaction between the characters. Check out the preview for this week's issue, which starts a new arc and is a great jumping on point.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22653

Yes! For goodness sake, if you have yet to try this book out check get on board and catch up with the trade for the first arc when it hits. Robinson is a master of characterization and weaving big stories with big payout. I could not be more pleased to have him working at Marvel with some of their most foundational characters.

Yep, Bucky's new role will definitely align with how the 1st arc ended. Huge things are coming for the book.

man, the cover for #12 looks crazy! i can't wait for that.

Orson Randall!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    LOL! Old man Rogers trying to tell them what to do from the mansion. That should be fun.

I don't know. Sam doesn't have that shared war experience, but he and Bucky have worked together. I'm sure Robinson will address Sam's new status, and he may guest star, but I don't think he'll be joining the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I'd be okay if it's just Steve since Sam is just coming in as Cap. I do wonder what Buck's role will continue to be in the book after his series is launched though. That should be interesting. I look forward to learning about the legacy characters and will continue to pre-order this book for as long as it runs.

If I was a fan of FF, I'd be all over that book too.
    I think Bucky's new cosmic role is going to play very nicely into the cosmic threats and settings the Invaders are facing. He could definitely be the instigator for many an adventure, if he needs any help with the new job.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Definitely interested in hearing about this bit of Namor's history.

Liking Pugh's Bucky looks like he'll have some good moments against the Deathloks as well.

Agree with you about Robinson's error with Namor, Rheged. I do hope he does put aside his love for Jim to give Namor some much deserved time to shine (as he promised.)
    It's a nit, but since Marvel seems to have forgotten both Namor and the Torch in their 75th Anniversary, it's an irritating one. Which reminds me, warmed my heart to see Robinson hasn't forgotten, and is actually celebrating the reason for the 75th Anniversary, with the upcoming fight between Marvel's first characters, Namor and Torch. Can't wait for this issue!

Keeping my fingers crossed. I've enjoyed what we've seen of Robinson's Namor so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Yes! For goodness sake, if you have yet to try this book out check get on board and catch up with the trade for the first arc when it hits. Robinson is a master of characterization and weaving big stories with big payout. I could not be more pleased to have him working at Marvel with some of their most foundational characters.
    Good point. I think the trade for the first arc is coming out in a couple of weeks, in August.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Yep, Bucky's new role will definitely align with how the 1st arc ended. Huge things are coming for the book.

Seriously. I wouldn't mind seeing a crossover with the Winter Soldier book at some point.