Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Nits about the interview ... Not enough about Namor in my entirely biased opinion. And I know Robinson loves the character, but I really wish he'd quit saying saying Torch is the first Marvel Superhero. Namor is the older character.
    If it was anyone else, I'd say it was just an oversight but I figure Robinson's is just taking into account that Sub Mariner started out as pretty much an antihero while Hammond was always a good guy even when people were scared witless of him at the beginning.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

LOL! Old man Rogers trying to tell them what to do from the mansion. That should be fun.

I don't know. Sam doesn't have that shared war experience, but he and Bucky have worked together. I'm sure Robinson will address Sam's new status, and he may guest star, but I don't think he'll be joining the group.

I think Bucky's new cosmic role is going to play very nicely into the cosmic threats and settings the Invaders are facing. He could definitely be the instigator for many an adventure, if he needs any help with the new job.
    LOL, I still cannot see old man Rogers, but that should be a lot of fun. I suspect all the cranky Steve's suppressed might erupt j/k.

Yes, I wager Bucky will play a significant role with the spoilers:
    brainwashed Galactus
    end of spoilers, I suppose I wonder how much panel time he'll have if his series has him trigger happy (please don't make him another bleeping detective Mister Kot!) all over the Marvel U. You make some nice points though.

Agreed about Sam guest starring, it seems like many characters (like Union Jack) might fill in that gap too.

It's a nit, but since Marvel seems to have forgotten both Namor and the Torch in their 75th Anniversary, it's an irritating one. Which reminds me, warmed my heart to see Robinson hasn't forgotten, and is actually celebrating the reason for the 75th Anniversary, with the upcoming fight between Marvel's first characters, Namor and Torch. Can't wait for this issue!

Keeping my fingers crossed. I've enjoyed what we've seen of Robinson's Namor so far.
    Yes, that'll be some issue. Really looking forward to that issue and the fight (I stand right next to as far as the victor > sorry Mr. Robinson.) I've liked his Namor too. He's given everyone nice turns, but I'd like to see Namor fleshed out a bit more.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Ultimate Member

More people should buy this book.

It's just pure superhero action at its best.

Army of Deahtloks? Haven't the evil guys ever heard of the Inverse Ninja law?

I found something of interest in the October Solicitations. I'm not going to post it here because it'd be horrible to spoil it for everyone but apparently October's All-new Invaders #11 solicitation gives away who the other new heroine is.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-22-2014 at 11:57 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    If it was anyone else, I'd say it was just an oversight but I figure Robinson's is just taking into account that Sub Mariner started out as pretty much an antihero while Hammond was always a good guy even when people were scared witless of him at the beginning.
    Valid point.

Of course, Namor's first story which was reprinted in Marvel Comics #1, was about a superhero whose country has been 'attacked' and he is sent to find the perpetrators, so, typical superhero fare. In later issues, he definitely is portrayed as an anti-hero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    LOL, I still cannot see old man Rogers, but that should be a lot of fun. I suspect all the cranky Steve's suppressed might erupt j/k.
    Did you see that Deadpool cover with Old Man Steve? Hilarious and awful at the same time. It's like he's Bad Grandpa. O_O

Yes, I wager Bucky will play a significant role with the spoilers:
    brainwashed Galactus
    end of spoilers, I suppose I wonder how much panel time he'll have if his series has him trigger happy (please don't make him another bleeping detective Mister Kot!) all over the Marvel U. You make some nice points though.

Agreed about Sam guest starring, it seems like many characters (like Union Jack) might fill in that gap too.
    I know Robinson said he wanted to concentrate on Torch, Namor, Bucky, and Cap at first and solidify their relationship, with not so much attention paid to Cap (since he has his own book) and Torch being the PoV character. So, I think we'll see mostly those guys for the first year, with guest stars from the rest of the Invaders -- sort of like Vision in the first arc. IIRC, he also said there would be an arc with Blazing Skull. Can. Not. Wait!

Yes, that'll be some issue. Really looking forward to that issue and the fight (I stand right next to as far as the victor > sorry Mr. Robinson.) I've liked his Namor too. He's given everyone nice turns, but I'd like to see Namor fleshed out a bit more.
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I found something of interest in the October Solicitations. I'm not going to post it here because it'd be horrible to spoil it for everyone but apparently October's All-new Invaders #11 solicitation gives away who the other new heroine is.
    I guess I was completely blown away by the cover and couldn't connect the dots, but you are right. It's spoilered by solicits. LOL!

Great interview! Wish there was more promotion for this title. It is a fun read!

Do we know if Sam is going to join the team at some point or are they keeping it vintage?
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Do we know if Sam is going to join the team at some point or are they keeping it vintage?
    No confirmation on that. He may make guest appearance and have shown legacy characters so who knows. It would certainly help keep his profile raised though.

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing what James can do with Blazing Skull. B.S had this great 'moment' 9, 10 years back - i sort of felt like he was on the verge of being a breakout character with a GA Deadpool vibe (the feeling about him, not literally a GA Deadpool) but the moment passed once nobody picked him up following the cancellation of New Invaders.

However that's the beauty of having someone like James Robinson come along to do an Invaders title - he will mine the gold that others overlook. Incidentally from the 2004 series, Thin Man and The Fin also have serious diamond in the rough, waiting to be smoothed potential.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    No confirmation on that. He may make guest appearance and have shown legacy characters so who knows. It would certainly help keep his profile raised though.
    Yes, I could see guest appearances. I think the only characters that might be 'officially' joining are the two new legacy heroines Robinson has created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomReporter View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing what James can do with Blazing Skull. B.S had this great 'moment' 9, 10 years back - i sort of felt like he was on the verge of being a breakout character with a GA Deadpool vibe (the feeling about him, not literally a GA Deadpool) but the moment passed once nobody picked him up following the cancellation of New Invaders.

However that's the beauty of having someone like James Robinson come along to do an Invaders title - he will mine the gold that others overlook. Incidentally from the 2004 series, Thin Man and The Fin also have serious diamond in the rough, waiting to be smoothed potential.
    Blazing Skull was awesome in NEW INVADERS. We saw him last in LAST DEFENDERS, I believe, but he didn't make as big an impression me. Really looking forward to seeing Robinson take him for a spin.

Thin Man and The Fin were intriguing. Isn't the Fin's kingdom in another dimension?

Yes, I could see guest appearances. I think the only characters that might be 'officially' joining are the two new legacy heroines Robinson has created.
    The interview says they come in issue #9 and they won't be dealing with Steve's problems until #11. I wouldn't expect Sam to show up until after that. It would be interesting to see the effect that has on Bucky if everyone else is able to fly.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Blazing Skull was awesome in NEW INVADERS. We saw him last in LAST DEFENDERS, I believe, but he didn't make as big an impression me. Really looking forward to seeing Robinson take him for a spin.

Thin Man and The Fin were intriguing. Isn't the Fin's kingdom in another dimension?
    Blazing Skull had some minor use since 2004/5 - last time was in Marvel Zombies Destroy.

No Fin's kingdom was in the sea - you might be mixing up the stuff re their warping battleship which used Khalian tech