Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomReporter View Post
    Blazing Skull had some minor use since 2004/5 - last time was in Marvel Zombies Destroy.

No Fin's kingdom was in the sea - you might be mixing up the stuff re their warping battleship which used Khalian tech
    Yes, in the sea, but in like a pocket dimension?

Didn't read the Zombie stuff. Did he actually get to do stuff? Or was he just canon fodder or a zombie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    The interview says they come in issue #9 and they won't be dealing with Steve's problems until #11. I wouldn't expect Sam to show up until after that. It would be interesting to see the effect that has on Bucky if everyone else is able to fly.
    Heh ... flying envy? Wait, Skottie Young addressed that.

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

Didn't read the Zombie stuff. Did he actually get to do stuff? Or was he just canon fodder or a zombie?
    I don't recall about a pocket dimension.

Skull and a bunch of other GA heroes were zombie fodder - it appears James Robinson is either ignoring this, assuming parallel version or that as Skull is pretty much unkillable, he regenerated.

I'm assuming alt version re the others as well especially Red Raven who is a favourite of mine - considering RR in Zombies Destroy had black hair, no costume and personality i'd ever seen plus acted like a rookie, i think its safe to assume it wasn't THE Red Raven.

Incidentally the zombie world they visited had zombie Invaders.

Loving this series. Robinson is hitting all the right notes like Kree, Eternals, Deathloks, Martians etc etc. Though I am not sure how its doing sales wise... hope it continues as I like the world building he is doing here. I know Marvels got its Golden Age heroes and stuff but DC always seemed to me to had nailed the Golden Age stuff with Justice Society... until now. So, I really hope this continues. I would argue Invaders is better than Robinsons Fantastic Four. Also, with what might be happening to Steve and Bucky, the dynamic of the team should be... interesting.

Also, first person to tackle the Descendant stuff. Doubt he will go in-depth with it as that's Remenders stuff but good to see it referenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Loving this series. Robinson is hitting all the right notes like Kree, Eternals, Deathloks, Martians etc etc. Though I am not sure how its doing sales wise... hope it continues as I like the world building he is doing here. I know Marvels got its Golden Age heroes and stuff but DC always seemed to me to had nailed the Golden Age stuff with Justice Society... until now. So, I really hope this continues. I would argue Invaders is better than Robinsons Fantastic Four. Also, with what might be happening to Steve and Bucky, the dynamic of the team should be... interesting.

Also, first person to tackle the Descendant stuff. Doubt he will go in-depth with it as that's Remenders stuff but good to see it referenced.
    Nix - Before Roy Thomas did some sterling work on All Star Squadron/JSA he had a 41 issue run on Invaders where lots of the concepts we know and love today and that James Robinson is mining, come from. After 1979 the GA stuff sort of faded at Marvel for a good decade with very few exceptions so that's why its probably not as prominent in your mind but that run is worth checking out plus the early 90's 4 issue mini and the 2004 New Invaders - that with The Twelve, All Winners Band of Brothers, Marvels Project, Captain America: Patriot and more showcase a lot of great use of GA Marvel concepts.

BANNED

Get Hype!!!

Invaders has been such a great book, i hope the sales have improved and Marvel is willing to keep it floating.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Man o man. Love the covers for 9 and 12. I love union jack and spitfire. Also im glaf to hear steve is becoming a command center figure. Also buckys role addressd d. Im getting both invaders and winter soldier so I love the continuity
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Seriously. I wouldn't mind seeing a crossover with the Winter Soldier book at some point.
    Darn straight. And I hope you get back here soon too.

Did you see that Deadpool cover with Old Man Steve? Hilarious and awful at the same time. It's like he's Bad Grandpa. O_O

I know Robinson said he wanted to concentrate on Torch, Namor, Bucky, and Cap at first and solidify their relationship, with not so much attention paid to Cap (since he has his own book) and Torch being the PoV character. So, I think we'll see mostly those guys for the first year, with guest stars from the rest of the Invaders -- sort of like Vision in the first arc. IIRC, he also said there would be an arc with Blazing Skull. Can. Not. Wait!

Ditto!
    Sounds good on all points.

Heh ... flying envy? Wait, Skottie Young addressed that.

LOLOLOL. I had that variant. One of my favorites by Skottie.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Spectacular Member

The Fin's kingdom is just located in the sea.

However, Thin Man's people (well, his adopted people after they saved his life and gave him super powers) lived in a pocket dimension. They are now extinct, however, the pocket dimension should still exist.

Agent Axis raided it for technology but he's dead now. The only person who probably has access is Thin Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post

Get Hype!!!

Invaders has been such a great book, i hope the sales have improved and Marvel is willing to keep it floating.
    I'm hyped. As a First World War buff, who happens to own the first appearance of the Phantom Eagle (Marvel Super-Heroes #16) and the Freedom's Five flashback (Invaders #7), I'm definitely going to buy this. The original Union Jack, Sir Steel, Phantom Eagle, and Iron Fist vs. Martians in 1917 London?!? Awesome. I hope it takes up the majority of the issue, with only a brief intro and epilogue to bridge the eras.
    BOOSTER GOLD (Michael Jon Carter), HAWKEYE (Clint Barton), IRON FIST (Daniel Rand), MOON KNIGHT (Marc Spector aka Steven Grant aka Jake Lockley), NIGHTCRAWLER (Kurt Wagner), NOVA (Richard Rider)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    The cover with Orson on it has me interested.

What's the run of Invaders been like so far? Never really been attached to any of the characters a huge amount so didn't pick it up. Worth checking out?
    Really good, honestly. But I'm a Captain America fan so, it may be a bit biased in that regard.

This book is a really good read and has quickly become one of my favorites. The writing and art are both just really great, IMO.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

Do you guys want/hope Falcon Captain America joins the Invaders?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    The cover with Orson on it has me interested.

What's the run of Invaders been like so far? Never really been attached to any of the characters a huge amount so didn't pick it up. Worth checking out?
    Definitely worth checking out. Robinson has cleverly maintained the World War II-forged "Band of Brothers" relationships via flashbacks and characterization while thrusting the team into the heart of the modern-day Marvel Universe (the Kree, Eternals, Galactus, etc...). Inserting Orson Randall seamlessly with the WW I Freedom's Five and original H.G. Wells Martian Invasion is a perfect example of how he organically mines existing Marvel continuity for cool contemporary stories. The artwork is also top-notch.

Fantastic Member

I so hope that five years from now, this title is on issue #60 or so. I hope it sells well enough to sustain it and that Robinson is able to stay with the series. He's a good writer who also seems to be paying attention to other things going in the Marvel Universe, which helps to give it a more unified sense. I only wish he could also eventually work on X-Men as well.