Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebolt1967 View Post
    I so hope that five years from now, this title is on issue #60 or so. I hope it sells well enough to sustain it and that Robinson is able to stay with the series. He's a good writer who also seems to be paying attention to other things going in the Marvel Universe, which helps to give it a more unified sense. I only wish he could also eventually work on X-Men as well.
    Bluebolt - i'm totally with you. Given the opportunity Robinson can build a strong GA Marvels foundation - one that will hopefully rival the JSA in their heyday. These kind of comics are what i love and i am often disappointed to see them come and go, but obviously someone at Marvel has noted the blips of interest in stories dealing with GA and period concepts - now we just have to support this title so it makes it through that difficult 1-2 year stage.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Do you guys want/hope Falcon Captain America joins the Invaders?
    No. Nothing wrong with Sam, but I dont want him in the book. There may not be a Xap soon but with steve still in thr book and Radiance and other members joininh a flying Cap would be over kill. Keep thr cast to a good number and thee e wont be more members then needed.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Yes, I wager Bucky will play a significant role with the spoilers:
    brainwashed Galactus
    end of spoilers
    Wha!!?? :O!! How that happen?

BTW: Does he (Deathlox) has his Laser Gun?

Amazing Member ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

This all sounds really cool , and from what I read in the latest issue I can only say it's going to be really interesting.

If we have had/going to have all this in just the first 12 months of AN-I, it boggles the mind to imagine what will occur in another year or two.

Beyond what has already been discussed, a good few months back, James Robinson gave a detailed answer to some fan questions and he mentioned that after his firmer plans, he had some thoughts about how he could use members of the Twelve and surviving Liberty Legion members like Red Raven and Blue Diamond.

So i am very hopeful that i'll get to see some of the stories and characters i've hoped for, for years - just the fact that SIR STEEL of Freedom's Five is going to finally be used in an actual story is boggling my mind because if that's a possibility turned actuality, then nothing is impossible!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomReporter View Post
    Nix - Before Roy Thomas did some sterling work on All Star Squadron/JSA he had a 41 issue run on Invaders where lots of the concepts we know and love today and that James Robinson is mining, come from. After 1979 the GA stuff sort of faded at Marvel for a good decade with very few exceptions so that's why its probably not as prominent in your mind but that run is worth checking out plus the early 90's 4 issue mini and the 2004 New Invaders - that with The Twelve, All Winners Band of Brothers, Marvels Project, Captain America: Patriot and more showcase a lot of great use of GA Marvel concepts.
    Col, thanks for that. Its quite interesting actually. I'm very keen to learn more about these GA Marvel heroes Some I know about but not in-depth and this book got me interested in them. I had to Google the Fin to find out about him. Has Neptunia ever been tied to the Atlantean kingdoms of Namor? Also, curious to see Red Raven. They killed the female one which is a shame as it would have added a female member to the Invaders team but might be interesting to see those Avians again considering they have ties as being an Inhuman splinter race.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanStar View Post
    Wha!!?? :O!! How that happen?
    Result of what happened in the 1st arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Col, thanks for that. Its quite interesting actually. I'm very keen to learn more about these GA Marvel heroes Some I know about but not in-depth and this book got me interested in them. I had to Google the Fin to find out about him. Has Neptunia ever been tied to the Atlantean kingdoms of Namor? Also, curious to see Red Raven. They killed the female one which is a shame as it would have added a female member to the Invaders team but might be interesting to see those Avians again considering they have ties as being an Inhuman splinter race.
    The Fin's kingdom of Neptunia has only been mentioned in the 2004 New Invaders since the GA.

Red Raven, his Inhuman ties and his sky island kingdom have massive potential. Given the fact that RR is technically the first Marvel hero to get his own solo - even if it lasted just one issue - its shameful he hasn't had more done with him. Essentially he could be a Sub Mariner of the air and interact on an equal level with Namor, Doom, Black Panther and others. As for his daughter - RR's race has used clones and decoys before and i gather in her first appearance Dania came across as more the fierce warrior type which does not gel with the Arena portrayal. I suspect it could be as easy to bring back the 'real' Dania as it was to dismiss as authentic the black haired rookie who called himself Red Raven in Marvel Zombies Destroy.

How do you talk about an issue without using spoilers?

So Robinson is obviously a big fan of Jim Hammond and uses him with pretty good effect. We did get a glimpse of some of the issues in Namor's life, including a brief comment about the status of his kingdom. WS was solid as usual, he made a point of reminding them he isn't Bucky or James anymore and is Winter Soldier now. All in all it was a good set-up for future issues. It had a decent amount of action. I'm not always a fan of the way Robinson has the characters tell their stories in past tense when we're waiting for some resolution. But it is enjoyable.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.