View Poll Results: Do you believe Storm to be solely a weather manipulator?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: she needs weather for her powers to work

64 57.14%
  • No: She percieves energy and her manipulation of this results in weather phenomenon

37 33.04%
  • I dont know.

11 9.82%
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I think you are right. It would be like Bast. Thanks for clarifying that.

I have not seen the Legion show. I think I have come across it on my Netflix scans, though. I just haven't taken the time to watch it. I gather you feel the show worth watching? If so, I'll give it a shot.

Regarding Storm's solo title, I really hope it happens soon because if she doesn't get one, the development Coates gave her in her battle with Adversary will simply be ignored and fade into oblivion in favor of developing Jean and Kitty in the x-books.
    you're welcome beloved.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Absolutely. With everything you said. This is probably the best way you could explain it to others, and it makes her powers totally unique and exceptional.

Cyclops' blast though, I don't know. Hasn't his blast been fueled by sunlight as well as with Storm's lightning before? I feel like she might be able to control it if we go deep into what that energy is composed of.

I assumed it was magic because it came from her mother's bloodline, but White Mage has indicated that people of her line may not be entirely magic based either. So I find this all very interesting.

I don't know what type of shows you watch, so I can't know for certain! But I know for a fact you will absolutely love what they're doing with Shadow King in this. He is so powerful and formidable.

Agreed.

I have to go for a little bit though, sorry. I'll talk to you guys later!
    ok. then I'm with you on how you explained things earlier! to your point about cyclops blast I completely forgot about him needing sunlight but since I thought the energy came from another dimension I assumed her ability to manipulate it wouldnt work. but the sunlight part I completely forgot about and based upon that i think she should as the energy needed to supply him the ability to use them are powered by the sun.

now what i find fascinating is that all BP said is that her being a god was in her blood. it could be that he was talking about her mother but what if it was through her father this connection to the gods came? I'm more inclined to assume it was her mother as her mothers side bloodline traces back to the dawn of humanity but I would think whatever ties bast to becoming a god would be the same way ororo was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Yes, I understood that she could manipulate weather but not manifest it.
    yup you are absolutely correct!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

she cant manifest weather? What does she do then when she makes the atmosphere around her form a blizzard on a bright sunny day?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    she cant manifest weather? What does she do then when she makes the atmosphere around her form a blizzard on a bright sunny day?
    she can manipulate the energy patterns that exist. she can't create weather from nothing. in the case that you mentioned those energies needed to "create" the weather from a blizzard to a bright sunny day exist to where she is able to manipulate it. if there was a way to completely isolate her from these energies you could potentially make her inert but she is connected to the energy patterns she control, so there's that issue to.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I always thought she pulled it from the atmosphere, honestly, like Iceman pulls moisture around him to form ice. He doesn't create ice from nothing.

I always thought she pulled it from the atmosphere, honestly, like Iceman pulls moisture around him to form ice. He doesn't create ice from nothing.
    that's the key difference from ororo and thor. he can magically create weather from nothing but ororo has to work with the available energies around her to "create" weather effects.

BANNED

Merely changing the weather that was already present.
    A bright, sunny day is IS weather.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's the key difference from ororo and thor. he can magically create weather from nothing but ororo has to work with the available energies around her to "create" weather effects.
    Yeah, exactly

I picked "I don't know" but I what I really wanted to say was "I don't really care."

More concerned about character development than that. Last time she had an impactful arc seems like an eternity ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I picked "I don't know" but I what I really wanted to say was "I don't really care."

More concerned about character development than that. Last time she had an impactful arc seems like an eternity ago.
    I would say her last most impactful xbook arc was an eternity ago but the development she got both in bp&c and black Panthers book I thought was exceptional.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-12-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Yes, I understood that she could manipulate weather but not manifest it.
    Apparently, she can manifest certain weather effects in space.
    RCO010_1468806689.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Apparently, she can manifest certain weather effects in space.
    RCO010_1468806689.jpg
    How is she even not explosively decompressing there? Never mind breathing and speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How is she even not explosively decompressing there? Never mind breathing and speaking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ah, magic. No, seriously, you're not telling me those bracelets work on technology.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Storm would be immune to the explosive decompressing stuff. Her body is immune to things like air pressure, air friction, etc. I think that pressure protection her mutant powers affords her transfers to protect her from what you are talking about when she is out in space. That said, she cannot survive in space without air to breathe.