View Poll Results: Do you believe Storm to be solely a weather manipulator?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: she needs weather for her powers to work

64 57.14%
  • No: She percieves energy and her manipulation of this results in weather phenomenon

37 33.04%
  • I dont know.

11 9.82%
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    And couldn't she use lightning to accelerate her speed as well?
    No. You can't get thrust from lightning. No mass. How fast it goes isn't a factor there.

I don't think traveling to other planets was the point of the discussion though. Just her being able to survive in space.

And couldn't she use lightning to accelerate her speed as well? Lightning can travel up to 320,000,000 ft per second or about 220,000,000 miles per hour. She hasn't had any trouble producing lightning in space or solar winds, which also travel at very high speeds(2 million mph).

I don't know about food though... I think that would be a problem unless we count the time she was able to gain material sustenance from the energy of the stars and planets she could perceive in the galactic core.

Oh, I thought it was about her travelling through space.
    You have to be able to travel faster than the speed of light to even think about getting to any destination outside of our solar system. It would take years to even get to some planets within it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    No. You can't get thrust from lightning. No mass. How fast it goes isn't a factor there.
    Storm's lightning can actually be used as a means of propulsion though.

And she's used it as a force to block Cyclops' force beams as well.

And this demonstration with Bishop is another indication

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Oh, I thought it was about her travelling through space.
    You have to be able to travel faster than the speed of light to even think about getting to any destination outside of our solar system. It would take years to even get to some planets within it.
    True, it does depend on the distance and where she's trying to go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think most are missing the biggest issue. It would take thousands of years for her to get anywhere. She may be able to survive space if she prepares well enough but she can't travel between planets without a spacecraft. She'd die of starvation way before she even reaches a planet.
    I disagree with you on this. For instance, Storm can generate winds on Earth many times faster than what would naturally occur in a hurricane or tornado. This also applies to her ability to wield cosmic forces. She was able to summon the energy of heavenly bodies lightyears away from her in an instant in her galactic core feat. So, Storm is able to move energy and forces at a rate exponentially times the speed of light, and she is capable of energy-based flight with the solar winds and lightning and all.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I disagree with you on this. For instance, Storm can generate winds on Earth many times faster than what would naturally occur in a hurricane or tornado. This also applies to her ability to wield cosmic forces. She was able to summon the energy of heavenly bodies lightyears away from her in an instant in her galactic core feat. So, Storm is able to move energy and forces at a rate exponentially times the speed of light, and she is capable of energy-based flight with the solar winds and lightning and all.
    Harnessing energy lightyears away =/= being able to travel at those speeds. The fastest she has ever shown to travel is via lightning, she has not been shown to be able to exceed that. She also would be unable to comprehend those speeds, she can only travel in straight lines via lightning as it's too fast for her to make any maneuvers. Faster than light would be too fast for to ever comprehend and would lead to her splatting into something.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Storm's lightning can actually be used as a means of propulsion though.

And she's used it as a force to block Cyclops' force beams as well.

And this demonstration with Bishop is another indication

True, it does depend on the distance and where she's trying to go.
    Hmmm...when you think about it, her lightning attacks double as a telekinetic force bolt...interesting.

Anyway, she can travel on solar winds.

uxm99pg105cc1.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-14-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Hmmm...when you think about it, her lightning attacks double as a telekinetic force bolt...interesting.

Anyway, she can travel on solar winds.

uxm99pg105cc1.jpg
    that too both are incredibly fast with solar wind clocking in at 1 million mph.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm was always intended to be Uber powerful. She’s recently been confirmed as a goddess, but she’s always been an energy manipulator.

Quote Originally Posted by The Librarian is Open View Post
    Storm was always intended to be Uber powerful. She’s recently been confirmed as a goddess, but she’s always been an energy manipulator.
    this is absolutely correct!! I'm not sure how readers would interpret it any other way.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Librarian is Open View Post
    Is she a goddess or the avatar/host of a goddess... Also goddess of what? Weather?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Is she a goddess or the avatar/host of a goddess... Also goddess of what? Weather?
    she is the Hadari Yao: walker of the clouds, the goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things.

it goes way beyond weather my friend.

BANNED

Just asking, goddess of balance in nature, alright...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she is the Hadari Yao: walker of the clouds, the goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things.

it goes way beyond weather my friend.
    And then the Fire Nation attacked...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And then the Fire Nation attacked...
    I used to love that show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I used to love that show.
    I still love it. Currently watching the newly released blueray set.