Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    I read in trades.

East of West
    Lazarus
    Saga
    Low
    Black Science
    Descender
    Awesome list, it's practically like my list, I just would add Five Ghosts, Wayward and Paper Girls.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As in...

- "All Time"?

or

- "Current"?
    All Time, but if the list is too long, current lol

Current :

- East Of West (my favourite Image serie ever)
    - Black Monday Murders
    - Gideon Falls

Completed :

- Southern Bastards
    - Kill or be Killed
    - Fatale
    - Velvet
    - The Fade Out

In limbo :

- The Manhattan Projects

All-New Member

Monstress, Wayward, Paper girls, Redlands, Isola, Motor crush, Shanghai red

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Current :

- East Of West (my favourite Image serie ever)
    - Black Monday Murders
    - Gideon Falls

Completed :

- Southern Bastards
    - Kill or be Killed
    - Fatale
    - Velvet
    - The Fade Out

In limbo :

- The Manhattan Projects
    Wow, we seem to have really similar taste - have you tried Gasolina? It's not mindblowing but it is good, you might like it.

For me I tend to go for the horror-noir vibe: Black Monday Murders, Gideon Falls, Fatale, and Fell come to mind.

Besides that genre, I haven't caught up on East of West but that one's great too - and Limbo is probably my favorite single image project ever. Miniseries from a few years back.

Wait a second...

Since when is Southern Bastards "Completed"?

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    Wow, we seem to have really similar taste - have you tried Gasolina? It's not mindblowing but it is good, you might like it.

For me I tend to go for the horror-noir vibe: Black Monday Murders, Gideon Falls, Fatale, and Fell come to mind.

Besides that genre, I haven't caught up on East of West but that one's great too - and Limbo is probably my favorite single image project ever. Miniseries from a few years back.
    Ah that's good to know I didn't know about Gasolina and Limbo, I will give it a look. Like you I'm a big fan of stories that mix crime noir, Sci-Fi and horror elements so thank you for the recommendation !

I agree with you about Fell, it was really great but I'm still disappointed that Ellis never finished this serie unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Wait a second...

Since when is Southern Bastards "Completed"?
    Well "completed" might have been the wrong to use but for now I believe it's over and it’ll be some time before #21 comes out. I just hope it won't be stuck in limbo like The Manhattan Projects.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-16-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Well "completed" might have been the wrong to use but for now I believe it's over and it’ll be some time before #21 comes out. I just hope it won't be stuck in limbo like The Manhattan Projects.
    The Jasons still say there's a lot more to come so.. we'll see I guess

BANNED

Ah that's good to know I didn't know about Gasolina and Limbo, I will give it a look. Like you I'm a big fan of stories that mix crime noir, Sci-Fi and horror elements so thank you for the recommendation !

I agree with you about Fell, it was really great but I'm still disappointed that Ellis never finished this serie unfortunately
    Hush do you read DC stuff? I swear by (old) Hellblazer, and Gotham by Midnight was great. Also Boom! had a recent mini Abbott, did you know about that one?

If you've got any recs I'd love to hear 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The Jasons still say there's a lot more to come so.. we'll see I guess
    Got it.

I thought someone might have come across something that I had missed.

Hush do you read DC stuff? I swear by (old) Hellblazer, and Gotham by Midnight was great. Also Boom! had a recent mini Abbott, did you know about that one?

If you've got any recs I'd love to hear 'em.
    Yeah I love DC, one of my favourite serie is Hitman by Garth Ennis and I'm also a big Batman fan (Morrison's run is my favourite). Vertigo was just amazing in the 90s especially Hellblazer (Delano, Ennis and Carey), Preacher, Sandman, Swamp Thing, Shade the changing Man, Enigma, Invisibles and Doom Patrol

Gotham by Midnight was fun, if you like it you should try Batman City of Crime by Lapham, really creepy stuff.

As for recommandation, let's see for crime book I love Scalped by Aaron (if you like the Sopranos and the Wired Tv shows you're going to love this serie), 100 bullets by Azzarello, Criminal by Brubaker, Stray Bullets by Lapham, Sin City by Miller, Richard Stark's Parker by Cooke and the Punisher Max serie by Garth Ennis.

Now if we want to mix things a little like crime and superhero my favourite are Gotham Central by Rucka/Brubaker, TOP 10 by Moore, Sleepers by Brubaker/Phillips, Daredevil by Bendis/Brubaker, Gotham Noir by Brubaker, Batman Black Mirror by Snyder and Long Halloween by Loeb. Also the Batman run by Doug Moench and Kelley Jones (issues #515-552) really mix crime, superhero and supernatural stuff really well in my opinion.

And if you want some crime book mixed with some supernatural elements, From Hell (the book feature some moment of supernatural horror but it's mostly the realism of the book that make the story really scary though) by Moore, Nailbitter by Joshua Williamson/Mike Henderson and Sandman Mystery Theatre by Wagner are all excellent !

I heard about Abbott it's by Saladin Ahmed right? He did a good job with that Black Bolt serie recently, so I might try it once I'm done with my backlog lol. Did you read it?
    Last edited by Hush; 07-17-2018 at 06:12 AM.

Since this came up, are you reading Moonshine?

Ultimate Member

current...
    Gideon Falls
    Black Monday Murders ( when it comes out)
    Paper Girls

I'm still figuring out my feeling about Days Of Hate

trade waiting...
    Southern Bastards
    Sex Criminals

others...
    Criminal
    The Fade Out
    Moore's Wildcats
    Slots ( a comic that was lots of fun but got no attention)

Not enough Invincible love here.
    Treat yourself to the best superhero comic.