Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The army of superheroes that fills Wonder Woman's home city was, for me, a big part of the whole "home city" debate and discussion. If you're going to give her a city, you need to consider all the various locations, persons, and activities that reflect Diana's themes. For me, it was always clear: it's hella liberal, multicultural, magical, educational, experimental, and friendly. I've gone on at length about the various economic boroughs that comprise "Gateway City" or my chosen name for it: San Entrada, but what were's talking about today is the people... Not JUST Diana's "supporting cast", but heroes who are her neighbors and colleagues.

In my headfanon, I've relocated the traditional Hall of Justice to WW's city, and opened it to the public. It's not a League headquarters so much as the public face of the superhero community. To that end, the HoJ is run like a nonprofit, with a museum, meet and greets, and offices for various well-known persons. They also feature staged "battles" where an actor villain is repelled by an actor hero... similar to the scripted events at most theme parks. Kate Spencer would be overworked defending the actions of HoJ-affiliated agents.
    Susan Dearborn Dibny, Director of Operations
    Myndi Mayer, Director of Communications
    Trevor Barnes, Director of Benevolence
    Ferdinand, Refugee Services
    Hephaestus, Research & Development
    Kate Spencer Manhunter, Legal Counsel
    Carl Bork, Security
    Daniel Tsang Striker Z, Public Relations

Diana is also involved with the creation of a school for gifted youngsters, circumventing villainous behavior by instilling Amazonian ideals in metahuman youth. Several young metahumans and heroes attend the school, so having indestructible superhumans and headstrong vigilante teachers is important. Putting Huntress so far from Gotham gives her a new playground and new circumstances that would help differentiate her from the rest of the Bat cast.
    Jefferson Pierce Black Lightning, Principal
    Alix Harrower Bulleteer
    Helena Bertinelli Huntress

The Holloway House is the dormitory for young women who attend the superhuman academy, though some are fortunate enough to live at home. Invariably though, cliques form to create rivalries and lasting friendships. Jennifer Pierce would love to just belong, but her father being Principal makes it tough. The Mean Girls won't take her, and the Bad Girls are trouble, so it's up to the leadership of new human heroine Cassandra Sandmark to challenge the status quo.
    Cassandra Sandmark Wonder Girl
    Anita Fite Empress
    Greta Hayes Secret
    Courtney Whitmore Stargirl
    Maxine Hunkel Cyclone
    Kiran Singh Solstice
    Lori Zechlin Black Alice

"Bad girl" Lori Zechlin earns her scholarship by being mentored by Witchfire, who works at Cassandra Craft's downtown Instant Karma magic shop. Witchfire understands how hard it is to be a young, empowered metahuman, and struggles to keep Black Alice in check.
    Cassandra Craft
    Rebecca Carstairs Witchfire
    Lori Zechlin Black Alice

Still, problems arise that mentors and heroes can't get to, which requires the local Police Department, filled with names we know. There's even a squad of rapid deploy officers trained for horseback combat on Pegasus. Diana is dating the flight leader for the Pegasus team.
    Commissioner Michael Schorr
    Detective Crispus Allen Spectre
    Detective Ralph Dibny Elongated Man

International metahuman concerns are monitored at the top secret ARGUS base also hidden in the city. Steve Trevor leads a clandestine team of reconnaissance, rescue, and retrieval operatives at ARGUS, utilizing invisble jet technology derived from Blackhawk engineering and Olympian craftsmanship.
    Etta Candy, Oddfellows Coordinator
    Steve Trevor Prince Oddfellows Covert Team Leader
    Celia Forrestal Skyrocket, Oddfellows Tactical

Star Labs West, a division of Star Labs is situated on the city bay, where research is led by Doctor Ray Palmer, and his assistants.
    Ryan Choi Atom
    Doris Zeul Giganta

Lastly, the city's mythological district is patrolled in accordance with divine law, as a council of selected deities maintain the peace. These are all immigrant thunder gods from around the world.
    Tlaloc of Mexico
    Donar of Germany
    Chango of Nigeria
    Leishen of China
    Wow, you should be writing for DC Comics. If this isn't in continuity at least it would make for a great Elseworld book.

The army of superheroes that fills Wonder Woman's home city was, for me, a big part of the whole "home city" debate and discussion. If you're going to give her a city, you need to consider all the various locations, persons, and activities that reflect Diana's themes. For me, it was always clear: it's hella liberal, multicultural, magical, educational, experimental, and friendly. I've gone on at length about the various economic boroughs that comprise "Gateway City" or my chosen name for it: San Entrada, but what were's talking about today is the people... Not JUST Diana's "supporting cast", but heroes who are her neighbors and colleagues.

In my headfanon, I've relocated the traditional Hall of Justice to WW's city, and opened it to the public. It's not a League headquarters so much as the public face of the superhero community. To that end, the HoJ is run like a nonprofit, with a museum, meet and greets, and offices for various well-known persons. They also feature staged "battles" where an actor villain is repelled by an actor hero... similar to the scripted events at most theme parks. Kate Spencer would be overworked defending the actions of HoJ-affiliated agents.
    Carl Bork, Security

Diana is also involved with the creation of a school for gifted youngsters, circumventing villainous behavior by instilling Amazonian ideals in metahuman youth. Several young metahumans and heroes attend the school, so having indestructible superhumans and headstrong vigilante teachers is important. Putting Huntress so far from Gotham gives her a new playground and new circumstances that would help differentiate her from the rest of the Bat cast.
    Alix Harrower Bulleteer

The Holloway House is the dormitory for young women who attend the superhuman academy, though some are fortunate enough to live at home. Invariably though, cliques form to create rivalries and lasting friendships. Jennifer Pierce would love to just belong, but her father being Principal makes it tough. The Mean Girls won't take her, and the Bad Girls are trouble, so it's up to the leadership of new human heroine Cassandra Sandmark to challenge the status quo.
    Anita Fite Empress
    Greta Hayes Secret
    Maxine Hunkel Cyclone
    Kiran Singh Solstice
    Lori Zechlin Black Alice

"Bad girl" Lori Zechlin earns her scholarship by being mentored by Witchfire, who works at Cassandra Craft's downtown Instant Karma magic shop. Witchfire understands how hard it is to be a young, empowered metahuman, and struggles to keep Black Alice in check.
    Cassandra Craft
    Lori Zechlin Black Alice

Still, problems arise that mentors and heroes can't get to, which requires the local Police Department, filled with names we know. There's even a squad of rapid deploy officers trained for horseback combat on Pegasus. Diana is dating the flight leader for the Pegasus team.

International metahuman concerns are monitored at the top secret ARGUS base also hidden in the city. Steve Trevor leads a clandestine team of reconnaissance, rescue, and retrieval operatives at ARGUS, utilizing invisble jet technology derived from Blackhawk engineering and Olympian craftsmanship.

Star Labs West, a division of Star Labs is situated on the city bay, where research is led by Doctor Ray Palmer, and his assistants.
    Ryan Choi Atom
    Doris Zeul Giganta

Lastly, the city's mythological district is patrolled in accordance with divine law, as a council of selected deities maintain the peace. These are all immigrant thunder gods from around the world.
    Tlaloc of Mexico
    Donar of Germany
    Chango of Nigeria
    Leishen of China
    Impressive how you've thought all this through CRaymond!

Boisterously Confused

Carl Bork, Security

Alix Harrower Bulleteer

Anita Fite Empress
    Greta Hayes Secret
    Maxine Hunkel Cyclone
    Kiran Singh Solstice
    Lori Zechlin Black Alice

Cassandra Craft
    Lori Zechlin Black Alice

Ryan Choi Atom
    Doris Zeul Giganta

Tlaloc of Mexico
    Donar of Germany
    Chango of Nigeria
    Leishen of China
    That is elaborate! You'd probably need multiple titles to fit all that in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Wow, you should be writing for DC Comics. If this isn't in continuity at least it would make for a great Elseworld book.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Impressive how you've thought all this through CRaymond!
    Thank you ;-)

If you scour these forums you'll find a considerable amount of my headfanon filling up wishlisting and imaginative content creation threads. The above is just a list of the characters whose names you recognize. I've an even bigger list of all new characters, like the rest of Trevor's Oddfellow company based on G.I.Joe, a troop of magical expatriate girl-rillas from Gorilla City based on TMNT and Captain Planet, a Buzzfeed-like internet tabloid company called the San Entrada Sensation based on the Manhattan Guardian, the San Entradan Pegasus mounted police force... not to mention Diana's passing involvement with the Blackhawks, Doom Patrol, the Titans, and to some extent, the Suicide Squad.

It's not a matter of fleshing out Diana's "corner" of the DCU, it's positioning her corner to be situated in the roiling center of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That is elaborate! You'd probably need multiple titles to fit all that in.
    Funny you mention that, because my new characters designed for the San Entradan Sensation were specifically made for a new volume of Sensation Comics featuring [character]. The Sensation sisters would be the POV entry characters for exploring and reporting around San Entrada, such that it would examine Wonder Woman stories from the outside-in, where the Wonder Woman title would star Dione of Themyscira's adventures from HER perspective: local, international, interplanetary, & interdimensional.

Thank you ;-)

If you scour these forums you'll find a considerable amount of my headfanon filling up wishlisting and imaginative content creation threads. The above is just a list of the characters whose names you recognize. I've an even bigger list of all new characters, like the rest of Trevor's Oddfellow company based on G.I.Joe, a troop of magical expatriate girl-rillas from Gorilla City based on TMNT and Captain Planet, a Buzzfeed-like internet tabloid company called the San Entrada Sensation based on the Manhattan Guardian, the San Entradan Pegasus mounted police force... not to mention Diana's passing involvement with the Blackhawks, Doom Patrol, the Titans, and to some extent, the Suicide Squad.

It's not a matter of fleshing out Diana's "corner" of the DCU, it's positioning her corner to be situated in the roiling center of the universe.

Funny you mention that, because my new characters designed for the San Entradan Sensation were specifically made for a new volume of Sensation Comics featuring [character]. The Sensation sisters would be the POV entry characters for exploring and reporting around San Entrada, such that it would examine Wonder Woman stories from the outside-in, where the Wonder Woman title would star Dione of Themyscira's adventures from HER perspective: local, international, interplanetary, & interdimensional.
    I love it. I've still been writing up my Wonder Woman "Bible" (feels like I should use a Greek term for an important document) and I also have to respond to this thread as well...which I'm slowing and surely working on now.

Like you, I'm describing my city a bit so there's some insight as to why the heroes I've chosen might live there. Like you, I've also come up with my own name for the city.

Anyway, I love see how others might interpret and improve the Wonder mythos from their POV. Well done!

Anyway, I love see how others might interpret and improve the Wonder mythos from their POV. Well done!
    My ideas regarding Wonder Woman are inspired by Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier, Mark Waid's Kingdom Come, bits of Heinberg, Jimenez, Perez, Jenkins' direction of Gadot... but mostly Amy Poehler's Leslie Knope of Parks & Recreation. I'd love to hear more about your inspirations and Bible.

I like the idea of Diana having a troop of obscure, b-list superheroes that she can assemble into a Wonder-squad, whenever she needs them. Donna, Artemis, Queen Desira, Wildcat, Sargon, Gay Ghost and Hercules (and Jason, if he makes it) sounds like a good start, and a good bunch to revive Sensation Comics, I think. They don't have to appear, all at once, and the iconic city would just be someplace, where Diana interacted with them or pulled them together into a team, once in a while.

Let's not get hung up on Diana being too anchored to the iconic city. Maybe, she's there long enough to set up an adventure or two. It's a stage...that's all. [Below: Steve, Wonder Woman, Queen Desira and Etta ..off to planet Eros, in SC #11.]

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-07-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

My ideas regarding Wonder Woman are inspired by Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier, Mark Waid's Kingdom Come, bits of Heinberg, Jimenez, Perez, Jenkins' direction of Gadot... but mostly Amy Poehler's Leslie Knope of Parks & Recreation. I'd love to hear more about your inspirations and Bible.
    Hahaha...Leslie Knope is an interesting inspiration!

Also Id imagine the Wonder Twins would be a natural fit as part of Wonder Womans supporting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Also Id imagine the Wonder Twins would be a natural fit as part of Wonder Womans supporting characters.
    They are kind of in limbo, so I’d consider making them students at Holliday University.

(I’ve often wanted to see a new version of them show up in a Justice League story and join the League for a little Super Friends fix. I’d write Diana as one of the leads in the story and the twins in turn start using the Wonder moniker to honor her.)

Last night, I was musing about a few more established characters I might like to have in my version of Diana’s city.

Olympian could be fun given his origin and I’d bring Godiva along as well and have them as a couple.

With Ditko’s passing, I’d love to see the Creeper get used more. He’d be a great character in Gotham, but I’d use him as a bit of a wildcard in my take on Diana’s city. Jack Ryder as a television presenter could be fun and topical in this day and age between “fake news” and Diana’s desire to expose falsehood and corruption. As a bonus, I might make Myndi Mayer (PR and communications guru and client fixer) and Jack have a friendly, yet adversarial, professional relationship. Press vs public relations.

I kind of always like Morrison’s original Zauriel too, pre-heavenly armor costume. Given what’s happening in the city with some extradimensional immigrants and refugees I’m working on and Diana’s Olympian origins, having a hero of the Presence being around might make for an interesting juxtaposition.

I got to thinking last night and I'd also add an all-new Madame Fatal to the heroes operating in the city.

She'd obviously be a very different take than the original version, but Wonder Woman would be the perfect book to explore her in.

Interesting. I hadn't considered the Freedom Fighters and they're kind of in limbo, I guess depending on what happens with the JSA, All-Star Squadron, and other similarly connected characters. I'm not sure if any of them have been Rebirthed.
    I don't think any of them have been. Far as I know, the last version of the Freedom Fighters we saw were those ill-fated New52 era mini's that were supposed to culminate in a "Avengers" style team-up.

Who knows what plans DC has, if any, for them once the JSA return though. I do hope we get to see the team again, and in a shape fairly similar to the 2006 version. Though obviously a few adjustments will have to be made since some of the names (Firebrand, Neon) are being used by New Age characters now.

I'm probably in the minority, but I really like the Stormy Knight version of Phantom Lady and John Trujillo version of Black Condor in the 2010 Freedom Fighters title.
    Totally agreed. Stormy was a great character. Trujillo was okay; nothing that really blew me away, but I've never been a big Condor fan.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.