Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

I love Magneto/White Queen interactions. They are the top tier of x-villainy. That's why we have also seen them as heroes. It is the natural result of a villain becoming as/more popular than the heroes they face. I'd rather read about Emma surviving Magneto's killing spree than some crap venom-wolverine story.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, great issue. Nice to see Blue make a return to form as it heads towards its finale.

As for Magneto turning bad again, I'm for it. Yes, Magneto has worked fine as a not-so-bad bad guy or an anti-hero of sorts, someone who's willing to push things farther than a hero would but towards just ends. But he's also the X-Men's most famous adversary and one of the MU's best villains. It's kind of a waste to not have him fill that role, just as it's a waste to not have Dr. Doom be villainous. They can still have complex motivations and not be mustache-twirling caricatures but when you have a good villain, you don't want to throw that away forever in favor of having them become an ally, even if that alliance is a cautious one - especially when that villain looms as large in your mythology as Magneto does in the X-Men's.
    They will always be allies because the x-men and Magneto share enemies. He just crosses lines that they (publicly) won't in fighting those enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not suggesting he take them out, but they were only mentioned to highlight the point that random hellfire people mean nothing to Emma and killing them dont phase her. The Cuckoos are probably the only ones that would get a reaction from her. And he doesnt have to kill them. Kidnap and torture them to lure Emma out would make alot more sense and be more effective than the rampage across the randoms he did here
    He's gunning for Emma because of the mutant blood on his hands. You don't see why he might not go after the cuckoos?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Ewww

He's too old and she's too (not)blonde.
    Better get used to it.

Re. Ems & her distance from the HFC, as well as Mags & his from the B-hood, not for much longer.

So it was SHOWN:

... so it SHALL BE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    He's gunning for Emma because of the mutant blood on his hands. You don't see why he might not go after the cuckoos?
    I dont see why he would kill random people that mean nothing to Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see why he would kill random people that mean nothing to Emma
    They are the successors to a title she still refers to herself as. Plus there might be more revealed later. And who knows how reliable Briar is when her murderboner is in play, and how involved she was is steering Magneto to them.

Astonishing Member

If Emma were really evil (again, as she was say, in like 1980-1985), she should want to murder Briar.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Yeah and on his watch Monet started eating Inhuman prisoners for their bone marrow.
    She was doing the Lords work

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    If Emma were really evil (again, as she was say, in like 1980-1985), she should want to murder Briar.
    It's more complicated than that, THANK God. M&E are beyond good & evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They are the successors to a title she still refers to herself as. Plus there might be more revealed later. And who knows how reliable Briar is when her murderboner is in play, and how involved she was is steering Magneto to them.
    I doubt anyone talking about their reconditioned car while watching the leather-clad woman in the metal cage in the common area of a lesser Hellfire Club branch has any possible designs on becoming the new White Queen or Black King. Mags murdered and maimed because he is feeling hurt at being forced to kill mutants, and he's hurting as many people as he can because of it. There's no deeper reasoning necessary here. Unless Jeen and Emma can do some psychic surgery like Psylocke did on Mystique at the end of Bunncanny X-Men, Magneto will never change. Of course, Moira did something similar decades ago but Mags eventually reverted, too. There may be no hope for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    killing his only distraction would accomplish what? Emma isn't looking to get Magneto's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I doubt anyone talking about their reconditioned car while watching the leather-clad woman in the metal cage in the common area of a lesser Hellfire Club branch has any possible designs on becoming the new White Queen or Black King. Mags murdered and maimed because he is feeling hurt at being forced to kill mutants, and he's hurting as many people as he can because of it. There's no deeper reasoning necessary here. Unless Jeen and Emma can do some psychic surgery like Psylocke did on Mystique at the end of Bunncanny X-Men, Magneto will never change. Of course, Moira did something similar decades ago but Mags eventually reverted, too. There may be no hope for him.
    he's not the one mind controlling other mutants and trying to commit genocide. then there were her skeevy intentions for Tyke. :shudder:

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing that fighting Emma and the O5 is what could push Lorna and Magneto apart, as I don't see her actively fighting them without the consequences being big or her having a VERY good reason, more so than just following her daddy...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm guessing that fighting Emma and the O5 is what could push Lorna and Magneto apart, as I don't see her actively fighting them without the consequences being big or her having a VERY good reason, more so than just following her daddy...
    I doubt present day Lorna will appear again in this series. This issue felt like her goodbye as the plot moves forward with this battle and Extermination

Ultimate Member

It could be, only saying that if Lorna and Magneto aren't working together after this series is over then a short little bit where she refuses to fight the O5 and Magneto then goes ahead without her...