Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Im not sure what thats supposed to prove. The people Magneto killed were still innocent and did nothnig to justify his murder of them. He's on a rampage and the only sin they've committed is being affiliated with an organization Emma Frost used to hold power in. He wants to make Emma pay? Take the fight to her. Slaughtering a bunch of people that have nothing to do with this is 100% wrong. Nothing morally gray about it

I found a better image.
    And...

He killed a bunch of entirely unrelated people to mutant affairs to send a message of fear. That's not really "morally grey", especially considering the one he's so pissed at stopped the reason he's so pissed.

EDIT: She worked with Sinister and Bastion till she confirmed Mothervine wasn't what was promised, then aided Polaris's team in eliminating both while saving Alex.
    Last edited by PsychoEFrost; 07-11-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure what thats supposed to prove. The people Magneto killed were still innocent and did nothnig to justify his murder of them. He's on a rampage and the only sin they've committed is being affiliated with an organization Emma Frost used to hold power in. He wants to make Emma pay? Take the fight to her. Slaughtering a bunch of people that have nothing to do with this is 100% wrong. Nothing morally gray about it
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    And...

He killed a bunch of entirely unrelated people to mutant affairs to send a message of fear. That's not really "morally grey", especially considering the one he's so pissed at stopped the reason he's so pissed.

EDIT: She worked with Sinister and Bastion till she confirmed Mothervine wasn't what was promised, then aided Polaris's team in eliminating both while saving Alex.
    I mean, Briar said he attacked some Hellfire club CHAPTER houses, which means its the home of the most prominent members of the ''club''. I agree that he attacked them to send a message to Emma, but these people are not innocent and good, if we take into account what Briar said.

Working with Bastion under any circumstance is not a good choice considering what he did to Mutant kind.

I mean, Briar said he attacked Hellfire club CHAPTER house, which means its the home of the most prominent members of the ''club''. I agree that he attacked them to send a message to Emma, but these people are not innocent and good, if we take into account what Briar said.
    Good is subjective, innocent is not. What did those people do to justify being mass murdered?

I mean, Briar said he attacked some Hellfire club CHAPTER houses, which means its the home of the most prominent members of the ''club''. I agree that he attacked them to send a message to Emma, but these people are not innocent and good, if we take into account what Briar said.

Working with Bastion under any circumstance is not a good choice considering what he did to Mutant kind.
    Considering the types of people Magneto has worked with in the past, and continued to work with, helping Bastion long enough to betray him is hardly an "evil" act.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Emma knew Mothervine was going to cause tousand of deaths because it was an unestable method and she still went along with it. When you ally yourself with Sinister and Bastion what else can you expect? Emma knows them very well and what they are about.

The story makes clear Magneto is out of control and is looking for her, he hardly had any dialogue so he was looking for her in the hellfire club not sending a message to Emma, he´s not in the mind to send messages to anyone. Even Emma herself talks about his unstability inside the story.

I hate this type of storylines for Magneto, specially if it´s going to end in making Magneto a full villain again, I hope I am wrong.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Good is subjective, innocent is not. What did those people do to justify being mass murdered?
    Why should we assumed they're innocent? We have no information on their actions, but what we have is someone saying they're bad and evil. We have nothing pointing out that they were innocent. It's only speculation.

Magneto did worked with bad persons in the past, but when was his last ''bad'' association? I mean, we're talking about Bastion lmao. An android created to kill every mutants on earth.
    Last edited by Magneto; 07-11-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Why should we assumed they're innocent? We have no information on their actions, but what we have is someone saying they're bad and evil. We have nothing pointing out that they were innocent. It's only speculation.
    Because innocent until proven guilty is a hallmark of justice? There's nothing morally grey about Magneto being judge, jury, and executioner for people unrelated to the person he's angry at. This was a 3-year old throwing a temper tantrum, and is beneath Magneto.

they were innocent in that they did nothing to warrant being executed by Magneto. That’s not really up for debate. He didn’t kill them bc of anything they had done

Briar said mostly, which implies not all were among the most prominent members. Besides I doubt Magneto went in there checking everyone’s credentials. He was in kill mode. He had no right to murder anyone. Can you really even justify any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Emma knew Mothervine was going to cause tousand of deaths because it was an unestable method and she still went along with it. When you ally yourself with Sinister and Bastion what else can you expect? Emma knows them very well and what they are about.

The story makes clear Magneto is out of control and is looking for her, he hardly had any dialogue so he was looking for her in the hellfire club not sending a message to Emma, he´s not in the mind to send messages to anyone. Even Emma herself talks about his unstability inside the story.

I hate this type of storylines for Magneto, specially if it´s going to end in making Magneto a full villain again, I hope I am wrong.
    And then she betrays them the instant it becomes clear that is wasn't what they promised. She saved Jeen's life twice in her solo, saves Polaris's team, severely messes up Sinister, and saves Alex. That's a heckuva lot more morally ambiguous than slaughtering a bunch of rich perverts.

Because innocent until proven guilty is a hallmark of justice? There's nothing morally grey about Magneto being judge, jury, and executioner for people unrelated to the person he's angry at. This was a 3-year old throwing a temper tantrum, and is beneath Magneto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    they were innocent in that they did nothing to warrant being executed by Magneto. That’s not really up for debate. He didn’t kill them bc of anything they had done

Briar said mostly, which implies not all were among the most prominent members. Besides I doubt Magneto went in there checking everyone’s credentials. He was in kill mode. He had no right to murder anyone. Can you really even justify any of this?
    The problem is this story will never be told. We'll never know if they were innocent or not. The only perspective we have is Briar saying they were evil.

I love how what Magneto did is a ''3-years old temper tantrum'', but what Emma and her sentinels did in IvX is only an act of war against enemies lol.

The problem is this story will never be told. We'll never know if they were innocent or not.

I love how what Magneto did is a ''3-years old temper tantrum'', but what Emma and her sentinels did in IvX is only an act of war against enemies lol.
    Considering Black Bolt knew the Terrigen was toxic to mutants and still released it on the world, what Emma was doing was an act of war against the Inhumans, who were trying to make mutantkind extinct. Emma attacked direct enemies to mutantkind's survival. Magento attacked a bunch of unrelated people. If you can't see the difference, that's on you.

Considering Black Bolt knew the Terrigen was toxic to mutants and still released it on the world, what Emma was doing was an act of war against the Inhumans, who were trying to make mutantkind extinct. Emma attacked direct enemies to mutantkind's survival. Magento attacked a bunch of unrelated people. If you can't see the difference, that's on you.
    I mean if you don't see that Emma went full crazy after Cyke died, that's on you. It's all a matter of perspective.

The problem is this story will never be told. We'll never know if they were innocent or not. The only perspective we have is Briar saying they were evil.

Briar, someone who is biased and had a weird obsession for Magneto. Hardly a reliable source

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

And before she saved Polaris, Magneto saved thousands of people from being killed by mothervine, courtesy of Emma and her allies. If he had not done that, Emma would have been responsible for those deaths, and that´s exactly my point, why this change in him doesn´t make any sense given he had been actively working agaist the X-men main adversaries, it´s until this issue that he has become an unstable menace when he wasn´t before.

But I guess we will see what happens in later issues.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-11-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022