Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Briar, someone who is biased and had a weird obsession for Magneto. Hardly a reliable source
    She is indeed biased, but we have no other source. The Hellfire club were also never really good. So... take a side, but there's no ''right'' one, because of the lack of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    She is indeed biased, but we have no other source. The Hellfire club were also never really good. So... take a side, but there's no ''right'' one, because of the lack of information.
    So unrelated people are guilty of crimes committed by people who came before them, and heresay from an unreliable witness is acceptable testimony.

I would hate to be in that legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I mean if you don't see that Emma went full crazy after Cyke died, that's on you. It's all a matter of perspective.
    For a crazy person, she saved the lives of Jeen Grey and Alex Summers.

Meanwhile, for a morally grey person, Magneto slaughtered a bunch of rich perverts.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So unrelated people are guilty of crimes committed by people who came before them, and heresay from an unreliable witness is acceptable testimony.

I would hate to be in that legal system.

Meanwhile, for a morally grey person, Magneto slaughtered a bunch of rich perverts.
    The crimes they did might not be connected to Emma, but its still crimes lol. Why does it have to be connected? Again, I agree that Briar is not a reliable source, but that's the only one we have.

Magneto saved many persons during Emma alliance to Bastion and co. We can point out ''good'' and ''bad'' actions for both Emma and Magneto all day. I'm done.

And then she betrays them the instant it becomes clear that is wasn't what they promised. She saved Jeen's life twice in her solo, saves Polaris's team, severely messes up Sinister, and saves Alex. That's a heckuva lot more morally ambiguous than slaughtering a bunch of rich perverts.
    I think she knew all along it was a bad idea. She was just playing along.

Emma hasn't been associated with the HFC for a while, so no idea why Magneto is ripping up people Emma doesn't care about.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t think Magneto´s attack on the Hellfire Club was right and it isn´t threated this way inside the story, but given those are still the HFC main quarters, full of trained assassins, i would not say, based on experience, they were innocent, but still, they didn´t deserve to die, neither did those rich people who are too into S&M.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-11-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I think she knew all along it was a bad idea. She was just playing along.

Emma hasn't been associated with the HFC for a while, so no idea why Magneto is ripping up people Emma doesn't care about.
    Wasn't Emma back to being the White Queen of the Hellfire Club recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t think Magneto´s attack on the Hellfire Club was right and it isn´t threated this way inside the story, but given those are still the HFC main quarters, and in the past was full of trained assassins, i would not say, based on experience, they were innocent, but still, they didn´t deserve to die.
    The goons maybe were assasins etc but the party goers were just coshplaying, drinking expensive champagne and having some kinky sex.. plus the servants, staff, employees that just happen to work there... and then a maniac gets and kill them all because he gets stupidly obssesed and crazy... nah. it is not just evil, it is silly.. by far the weakest past of the story
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Emma knew Mothervine was going to cause tousand of deaths because it was an unestable method and she still went along with it. When you ally yourself with Sinister and Bastion what else can you expect? Emma knows them very well and what they are about.

The story makes clear Magneto is out of control and is looking for her, he hardly had any dialogue so he was looking for her in the hellfire club not sending a message to Emma, he´s not in the mind to send messages to anyone. Even Emma herself talks about his unstability inside the story.

I hate this type of storylines for Magneto, specially if it´s going to end in making Magneto a full villain again, I hope I am wrong.
    Agreed. Emma saw firsthand what Mothervine did to Shaw, but still did nothing to stop it from being exposed to the world. Mothervine had already been released globally when she did her switch, and while her freeing Lorna's team lead to the downfall of the cabal, it did nothing to help those who had been exposed to Mothervine. Whatever her reasoning for her actions, she knew what was being planned, and did nothing to try to prevent the mass exposure.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I know is silly, that´s why I think this storyline doesn´t make much sense given the recent mothervine arc, Magneto was just there to stop Sebastian Shaw, he stopped him without killing him and left without any more violence, how´s that now he´s so violent without Emma being there?. It just doesn´t make sense.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Ugh, I can't get over how bad the 05 are. Jean is always so pious and condescending, Scott is always so self righteous and eager to act on his preconceived notions. Rereading their dialogue makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    They are always hinting at Magneto going dark just because he’s Magneto. It just doesn’t work in the current landscape. It is entirely believable that he’s lashing out at those who made him hurt his charges, but it’s not believable that he would go dark permanently.
    We don't know the full case and his descent into darkness is still happening. But to say "they are always hinting at Magneto going dark just because" isn't the case. This isn't just Kitty or Rachel incessantly screaming at the O5 to watch their backs, this has been a consistent plot point in all of Bunn's work involving Magneto. That it was never a matter of "if" but "when" in relation to Magneto's eventual heel turn.

Even in Blue, the same purpose and message were clear between the O5 and Magneto. They'd be there to keep Erik in check. When they left to rescue the Starjammers, they left Erik to his own devices and that led to what's happening now. As well as extrapolating on that encounter from issue two.

And before she saved Polaris, Magneto saved thousands of people from being killed by mothervine, courtesy of Emma and her allies. If he had not done that, Emma would have been responsible for those deaths, and that´s exactly my point, why this change in him doesn´t make any sense given he had been actively working against the X-men main adversaries, it´s until this issue that he has become an unstable menace when he wasn´t before.

But I guess we will see what happens in later issues.
    How exactly is he an unstable menace? He's cold and calculating in this issue, taking (what he sees as) measured responses against an enemy he's trying to hunt down and kill. He just hired Daken two issues ago to kill the Poison Jimmy Hudson.

I know is silly, that´s why I think this storyline doesn´t make much sense given the recent mothervine arc, Magneto was just there to stop Sebastian Shaw, he stopped him without killing him and left without any more violence, how´s that now he´s so violent without Emma being there?. It just doesn´t make sense.
    There was Magneto's redemption in UXM 200 when Prof X asked him to become the head of the school. If I remember correctly, a lot of issues after UXM 200, Magneto goes back to being a full villain after something bad happened. Then, he said that he tried being good and couldn't continue. It was also kind of a drastic change.

Edit: I remember, it was during the arc in the Savage Land when he fought Zaladane (UXM 275).
    Last edited by Magneto; 07-11-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

You are so right. Also her Phoenix shard was the final piece in reviving adult Jean, so I give Emma props where it's due.

I'm not losing any sleep over their slaughter. mass murder is pretty common in the marvel universe. no one cares. I'm sure that Emma has overlooked murder at the Club before. I seem to remember a contest between she and Selene involving the death of their hookups.