Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 234
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    if Jean is the key to getting through to him she's most likely to do it through his mind....which if that door is opened Emma's going to be more of a threat. You have two powerful telepaths against Magneto and both of them have been more of a focus than Scott, iceman, angel, beast, or Bloodstorm. It's pretty much going to be Jean/Emma vs. Magneto

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member wano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She should chuck Anya's corpse at him and run or ressurect her then have Magneto accidentally kill her
    Too edgy, even for Emma

  3. #78
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Too edgy, even for Emma
    She should reveal that Wanda and Pietro are actually his groin spawn which will drive him over the edge to commit suicide

  4. #79
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    47°9′S 126°43′W
    Posts
    9,890

    Default

    >Fun issue.
    >Sorry to see Molina go, esp. on a talk-heavy issue, but his art was always top notch on this title.
    >Briar is disturbing, and being in the pool isn't the only reason she's wet.
    >Murdering [mildly kinky] innocents across the planet just to send Emma a message and to take out her potential safe houses? Mags has officially gone back to full villain status.
    >What exactly are the O5 going to do about this? I doubt any of them are willing or able to kill Mags. Only Bloodstorm has the mentality to rip his heart out... which means she probably dies before this is all over trying to do so.
    >I'd love to see how Emma plans to 'deal' with Magneto... or maybe she thinks she deserves to be punished and killed after everything that's happened. She seems tired.
    >Emma's comments about liking it better with the O5 being lost in space and Ice Boi saying that Cyclops was fridged... Come through, authorial intrusion!
    >Looking forward to the next issue!

    Favourite panels...
    xb2kink.jpg
    xb3emma.jpg
    xb3scott.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She should chuck Anya's corpse at him and run or ressurect her then have Magneto accidentally kill her
    I've been waiting decades for someone to resurrect Mags' daughter!
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-11-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  5. #80
    Extraordinary Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    if Jean is the key to getting through to him she's most likely to do it through his mind....which if that door is opened Emma's going to be more of a threat. You have two powerful telepaths against Magneto and both of them have been more of a focus than Scott, iceman, angel, beast, or Bloodstorm. It's pretty much going to be Jean/Emma vs. Magneto
    Wow, I wonder if Magneto will accidentally kill spoilers:
    teen Bobby
    end of spoilers which leads into Extermination

  6. #81
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    I feel this is kind of like IvX but for Magneto. Which is weird because it comes from a Magneto writer who is a Magneto fan.
    Magneto killing basically swinger orgy socialites who arent criminals because he can't find Emma is worse than Emma destroying 3 Zeppelins full of Inhumans, imo. At least the Zeppelins were in what was minutes ago a warzone between mutants and inhumans.

    I think Editorial wants Magneto as a villain-antagonist, and Bunn decided this was the best way, but he had no choice.

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Americana
    Posts
    3,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think Editorial wants Magneto as a villain-antagonist, and Bunn decided this was the best way, but he had no choice.
    This seems really hard to dispute
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She should reveal that Wanda and Pietro are actually his groin spawn which will drive him over the edge to commit suicide
    "OMG OMG! MAGNETO! MAGNETO and his horrible little groin spawn they've undone reality it's busting at the seems......*pop*(_)(_) ahhhh"


  9. #84
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I feel this is kind of like IvX but for Magneto. Which is weird because it comes from a Magneto writer who is a Magneto fan.
    Magneto killing basically swinger orgy socialites who arent criminals because he can't find Emma is worse than Emma destroying 3 Zeppelins full of Inhumans, imo. At least the Zeppelins were in what was minutes ago a warzone between mutants and inhumans.

    I think Editorial wants Magneto as a villain-antagonist, and Bunn decided this was the best way, but he had no choice.
    As Emma mentions, Magneto having moments of clarity is like a breath in between screams.

    Remember that time that he impersonated a Xorn, infiltrated the X-Men, and then tried to take over the world by flipping the polar axises of the planet? Because Emma saying that only really makes sense if that's in continuity again now.

    "I've never felt the world so angry. So divided. I can hear you. I can hear your pain. Your fear. Your anxiety. I want to help. I don't know how, but I'll learn." - X-Men Red #1(2018)

  10. #85
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    "OMG OMG! MAGNETO! MAGNETO and his horrible little groin spawn they've undone reality it's busting at the seems......*pop*(_)(_) ahhhh"

    One of my favorite Emmas

  11. #86
    Incredible Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Glad Polaris was in this, her interaction with Havok was done pretty well

    Really don't like what is being done with/to Mags here

    Emma came across hmm not great but ok. Decent.

    Briar was the star of the issue
    I agree, it feels cheap to change Magneto this way after some interesting developments , grey Magneto is the best. I have some hope with the fact Jean saw something in his mind that makes her believe there´s something else about Magneto than being a villain but if it´s an editorial mandate that Magneto has to become a full villain again then there´s not much that Bunn can do about that. I wish Magneto had something like the Doombots to explain away bad characterization.

    I liked Polaris and Havok here even if their time was cut short.

    Emma seems ok, I have never been a big fan of her but I like her personality and how this clashes with other characters. imo she deserves some words from Mags not only from what she did in mothervine but because she took control of Magneto´s mind in IVX and made him attack the X-men.

    Briar was disturbing as always, I don´t know why I get the sense she´s something more than what Bunn had us believe, but I could be wrong. She´s just strange.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-11-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  12. #87
    BANNED PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    This seems really hard to dispute
    Agreed. If Magneto is alive and not batshit crazy evil by the end of Extermination, I will be shocked.

  13. #88
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,618

    Default

    You know Silver Age Magneto tried to nuke the Inhumans

  14. #89
    Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    As Emma mentions, Magneto having moments of clarity is like a breath in between screams.

    Remember that time that he impersonated a Xorn, infiltrated the X-Men, and then tried to take over the world by flipping the polar axises of the planet? Because Emma saying that only really makes sense if that's in continuity again now.
    i LOVED that line it's intelligently put together and SO Emma's voice.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    One of my favorite Emmas
    mine too

  15. #90
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,618

    Default

    And at least when Emma kidnapped Blackbolt she didn't tie him to a bondage device like Magneto

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •