BANNED

Default Fantastic Four movie

I'm not saying this is untrue. But I remember Josh Trank talking the same way, and quite persuasively.

https://www.cbr.com/peyton-reed-fantastic-four-movie/

Incredible Member

Peyton Reed was supposed to direct the 2005 one originally so it makes sen

Not seeing the similarity to Trank who did the best he could to avoid the comics and went for "dark and gritty".

Peyton Reed definitely seems to get it and seems passionate about it which is great. But I'm personally not sure if he's the best choice to direct a MCU Fantastic Four film. I'd definitely want him to advise whoever ends up directing though.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-06-2018 at 03:03 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not seeing the similarity to Trank who did the best he could to avoid the comics...
    A lot of it is fairly faithful to the Ultimate FF origin.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Peyton Reed has talked before about the Fantastic Four and how he had originally pitched a very Kirby-inspired Fantastic Four story that Fox wasn't interested in. I don't really see the similarities to Fox, although I have no idea if Marvel is interested in Peyton Reed's FF movie.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The idea of setting it in the 60’s, at least initially, is a sound one. Here’s a great video about the ways a Fantastic Four movie can be done good with some very straightforward guidelines...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not seeing the similarity to Trank who did the best he could to avoid the comics and went for "dark and gritty".

Peyton Reed definitely seems to get it and seems passionate about it which is great. But I'm personally not sure if he's the best choice to direct a MCU Fantastic Four film. I'd definitely want him to advise whoever ends up directing though.
    I agree. And I really hope that Reed gets a chance to tell the F4 story he never got to tell in 2005. Maybe his version just wouldn't have fit in that era of superhero movies, but I think it will fit perfectly into the MCU. He seems more passionate than Josh Trank and he has a more established track record. When it comes to picking a director for an MCU F4 movie, Payton Reed is near the top of my list. While I still would prefer that James Gunn helm it, I have a feeling that's hoping for too much.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    A lot of it is fairly faithful to the Ultimate FF origin.
    Only the first 10 minutes....

After that it quickly devolves into complete trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The idea of setting it in the 60’s, at least initially, is a sound one. Here’s a great video about the ways a Fantastic Four movie can be done good with some very straightforward guidelines...

Hate the idea of it being set in the 60s.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Trank was an excellent talker. He made you think he knew what he was doing and that it would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmGmBMEdDrk

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Well, we did get a couple of good F4 movies; they were just called "The Incredibles" instead.

(Okay, okay; couldn't resist being the one to make that joke. Ironically, though, the Incredibles movies were set in the '60s as well.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimately, when Marvel gets the rights back officially and they start making a movie, I will trust them. They have a great track record and they know what is at stake with the Fantastic Four. That being said, I don't like the idea of making a 60s period piece out of the movie.

One of the reasons I hear from people as to why they don't care for the F4 is because they are "too dated" or "a product of their time". There is no need to emphasize that point by making a movie take place in the 60s. Also, I want to see the Fantastic Four interact with other current members of the MCU, preferably without time travel, etc. I understand that the Fantastic Four are all about exploration, interdimensional travel and things of that nature, but their origin really lends itself to an organic introduction into the current MCU setup. I just feel like there is no need to copy ideas that are being explored by Ant-Man & the Wasp and presumably Captain Marvel, as well.