Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Yeah, there's too much to wrap up in just one issue:

-What's happening to Dani?
    -Where's the A-Team?
    -How is Warlock's sideplot tying into everything?
    -spoilers:
    Tran and Guido in Limbo
    end of spoilers
    -Why the hell Karma wasn't in the plot more even though the damn mini was ABOUT HER BROTHER (like whatever happened to the ending of the last issue where she said "I have some questions for Ms Rasputin" why didn't we get a scene with them)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This Warlock stuff feels so disconnected and out of place and the way every issue seems to end on that has been a weak point of this mini. 5 issues in and Rosenberg has failed to bring it together. Its gonna feel rushed when he does
    Agreed. The main story itself is so intriguing, and then we have the 2 page Warlock stuff at the end that feels in no way important to the overall story.

Hopefully it all ties together in some meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, there's too much to wrap up in just one issue:

-What's happening to Dani?
    -Where's the A-Team?
    -How is Warlock's sideplot tying into everything?
    -spoilers:
    Tran and Guido in Limbo
    end of spoilers
    -Why the hell Karma wasn't in the plot more even though the damn mini was ABOUT HER BROTHER (like whatever happened to the ending of the last issue where she said "I have some questions for Ms Rasputin" why didn't we get a scene with them)
    I really feel like this would have worked better as an ongoing. It set up alot of stuff that could be expounded on.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    what happened to warlock
    spoilers:
    Christian, the mutant from #1, had basically denied being a mutant. His friends told him to beat up Warlock, a mutant, to prove it. While he was beating the living **** out of him, something happened and Christian's powers flared up and disintegrated Warlock, leaving a whole bunch of his dust on him. Christian runs home and into his bathroom, trying to wash off the dust and his mom walks up to the door. She wonders what's wrong and Christian says he did something very bad. The mom then questions where that weird light is coming from, turns out Christian has merged with Warlock in some way and his face lights up, blowing up the house. Either that, or he's become infected with the T-O virus.....
    end of spoilers

I really feel like this would have worked better as an ongoing. It set up alot of stuff that could be expounded on.
    This could've worked wonderfully as an ongoing. Maybe after all the Tran stuff, we get the team dealing with the fallout of the Warlock stuff. Hell, that could've been the formula of each story. Where there's a backup page or two establishing the next arc. Cause I honest-to-god don't know how this is going to remotely tie into the current story. But I do like Christian tho.
    Last edited by Tycon; 07-11-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Enjoyed the issue. I feel like this has to be leading in to an ongoing or at least another mini, as others have said there seems to be too much to wrap up in one more issue.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I honest to god hope that there's going to be some kind of continuation of this when it's all said and done, as well as Madrox. An X-Factor dedicated to approaching supernatural threats like this starring this team, Madrox, and some others with Karma acting like Professor X.

It honestly kind of just writes itself.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

I've grown to really enjoy this book (despite the predictability of Tran because of the way he speaks to Illyana)

Like others have said there's a lot going on and I'm eager to see where it goes. It's written well because you don't know what'll happen next. It isn't predictable it's just enjoyable and everyone is written well and likable.

Karma still doesn't get to do anything. Everyone on the team is still helpless without Illyana.

This can't end soon enough

>Nice issue.
    >The snakes were the highlight of the issue.
    >The Illyana/Strange conversation was good, esp. the questions of Illyana's true form and personality.
    >Oh, Tabby. The house liked you.
    >As much literal and metaphorical Hell as Rahne's been through, I still can't sympathize with her. Best thing she's done in years was comfort Guido this issue.
    >Poor Guido. I hope Illyana rescues him soon. Maybe Warlock will do it if Tran can't possess artificial life.
    >The Warlock story seems to be going nowhere. Maybe that's what the A Team have been doing... but that story has taken place over about an hour while the rest of the book has taken place over weeks.
    >This will be a lot to wrap up next issue but I'm looking forward to it.

Favourite panels...
    nm1.jpg
    nm2.jpg
    nm3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

We aren't gonna get to see Shan's A-Team.....................ok. But then why mention it? Why tease us like this, Matthew? Why?

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...240786945?s=19

We aren't gonna get to see Shan's A-Team.....................ok. But then why mention it? Why tease us like this, Matthew? Why?

Makes absoultey no sense. So the next place this team appears in is Madrox (already in #1) and the A-squad is left a dangling plot thread? Im convinced this mini is going to get a follow up. He's introduced alot and now we are getting confirmation that he wont be wrapping it all up

BANNED

I'm very certain there's going to be a follow-up series.

But also remember that Rosenberg said that AXM would have a happily married Colossus on the team.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I think the Rahne/Guido scene is an example of what's wrong with comics today, as a whole.

First, let me preface this by saying that I like both characters. They're well developed and interesting in the right hands. And I liked their friendship. When it was destroyed in X-Factor, I mourned.

And now comes New Mutants, dead souls.

I don't know what I expected for their relationship in terms of development, but I expected some gravitas. Some 'omph'. Instead, we got some vaguely magical trippy and bam! she forgives him.

It's underwhelming and frankly, predictable. It feels as if they're just flipping a switch to return to their old status qou. I wouldn't have minded if we got to the same place, but with some more effort and introspection. It's about the journey as much as the destination.

But instead of forward progress, we revert to status qou. For two B-list characters. If nothing changes, why should we care? And if characters as minor as Wolfsbane and Strong Guy automatically revert, why should we believe that any change will last?

I mean, for God's sake. move the damn needle some!

BANNED

This is the best issue of the miniseries. It was

- unpredictable surprises (tran, guido)
    - funny (boom-boom)
    - heart-wrenching (rahne)

I don't know why everybody's so sad because Illyana can save Guido anytime because he is just in Limbo. After all, it takes only one step-disc to go to Limbo and fetch him back. Can anyone explain?

I think Warlock is permanently tied to Christian now. But what made Christian so special instead of Cypher?

Let's hope that Shan have more panels in the next issue, for god's sake.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 07-11-2018 at 04:43 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I don't know why everybody's so sad because Illyana can save Guido anytime because he is just in Limbo. After all, it takes only one step-disc to go to Limbo and fetch him back. Can anyone explain?
    Because Illyana WON'T go to limbo to save Guido, because doing that means risking Tran getting out again.

I think Warlock is permanently tied to Christian now. But what made Christian so special instead of Cypher?
    Nothing. But this way we can have a kinda-Douglock but keep Cypher separate.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey