Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Rictor is being written as a whiny loser and hes anything but that.
    He was a whiny loser in Peter David’s X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I find Illyana infinitely more likeable than Kitty Pryde, and Illyana's a homunculus literally created from the sulfurous stuff of a Hell dimension and barely controlled by fragments of a long dead and morally questionable human soul.
    This is one of the greatest descriptions of Illyana I've heard in a very long time. ha ha ha. Well done.
    I completely agree this IS Illyana resurrected, and I love her.
    I'll still take a partially corrupted Limbo construct over Kitty any day.
    OMG PREACH.
    Also, I realize and empathize and even support the arguments folks are making regarding a distinct narrative TILT favoring Illyana as the central figure of this mini but, as a fan, I cannot help but enjoy this deep dive into Yana's psyche given how infrequently we're made privy to this side of such strongly fortified walls.

I find Illyana infinitely more likeable than Kitty Pryde, and Illyana's a homunculus literally created from the sulfurous stuff of a Hell dimension and barely controlled by fragments of a long dead and morally questionable human soul.
    Frankly, I wish this aspect of the character had been explored more deeply before the X-Men and New Mutants seemed to collectively shrug their shoulders and go, "Eh, she's close enough to count." (Colossus gets a pass, of course, because fixations and because it came back to bite him in the ass anyway.) It always seemed a bit off to me that the people who should have been most protective of Illyana's memory were pretty quick to accept a soul-stealing Xerox copy as the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    a soul-stealing Xerox copy as the real deal.
    Second fave. ha ha. You guys are killing me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Frankly, I wish this aspect of the character had been explored more deeply before the X-Men and New Mutants seemed to collectively shrug their shoulders and go, "Eh, she's close enough to count." (Colossus gets a pass, of course, because fixations and because it came back to bite him in the ass anyway.) It always seemed a bit off to me that the people who should have been most protective of Illyana's memory were pretty quick to accept a soul-stealing Xerox copy as the real deal.
    I think Magik 2.0 had waaaay too convoluted a backstory for her existence to continue being acknowledged for the long term. It’s almost Hawkman levels. Even without Bendis coming in and treating her as the original, I feel at some point they would’ve shoved it under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Rictor is being written as a whiny loser and hes anything but that. And Tabitha is more than Nextwave but thats all she will ever be now which is too bad since she used to have more depth.
    Dude........being a whiny, arrogant jerk was ALWAYS Ric's character? X-Factor, X-Terminators, New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor (again). What are you talking about?

And Tabby was literally just relaxing in the house, watching TV and feeding Bats some chips. What was so 'Nextwave' about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Makes absoultey no sense. So the next place this team appears in is Madrox (already in #1) and the A-squad is left a dangling plot thread? Im convinced this mini is going to get a follow up. He's introduced alot and now we are getting confirmation that he wont be wrapping it all up
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I'm very certain there's going to be a follow-up series.

But also remember that Rosenberg said that AXM would have a happily married Colossus on the team.
    I fear her may leave a lot of stuff completely open-ended which kind of sucks considering we haven't seen a follow-up series announcement in solicits yet. Having it be that far away could cause it to lose a lot of steam. Then again, if anything were to come of it, I'd expect October to be the month.

Rictor never came off that way to me back in the Xforce days. After settling his feud with Cable for his fathers murder he had confidence and became a strong character, helping Star find his own identitiy in the world.

Yeah he was a loser in Xfactor and I didnt like how he was portrayed there either.

As for Tabitha, I just dont like how much of an airhead she has become after growing as a character.

Oh well. Just my opinion after all
    Last edited by Drakeon; 07-12-2018 at 07:21 AM.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

In Ric's defense, his "whiney" behavior was understandable given his depression about losing his mutant powers. That would suck so hard for anyone.

Well.... maybe not for Mercury.

I think Magik 2.0 had waaaay too convoluted a backstory for her existence to continue being acknowledged for the long term. It’s almost Hawkman levels. Even without Bendis coming in and treating her as the original, I feel at some point they would’ve shoved it under the rug.
    Oh, yeah. Sooner or later everyone was going to come around to it, or what was the point of bringing her back instead of having someone else inherit the mantle again (a la Amanda Sefton)? I just feel like there was some wasted dramatic potential there.

As long as she is in Rosenberg's hands, Magik can be the centerpiece all day long. He has a great handle on her and what kind of stories work for the character.

I appreciated Lemire's enthusiasm for Illyana, but at times felt like there was too much focus on her in Extraordinary. And her story-line with Sapna didn't really click for me.

Incredible Member

Magik got her soul back. Doesn't that count her being the "original"? If it's the reason she came back as a "demon", that aspect first appeared in "Magik: Storm and Illyana" #4.

I kind of feel like they did before he came on. I think Wells is the only one that really acknowledged hat after she joined the X-men

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I kind of feel like they did before he came on. I think Wells is the only one that really acknowledged hat after she joined the X-men
    Gillen acknowledged Magik 2.0.

Incredible Member

Gillen acknowledged Magik 2.0.
    I feel the whole "Magik 2.0" stuff is nonsense because some of us are taking it literally. Again, Magik got her soul back so I don't think it matters anymore.
    Last edited by 244; 07-12-2018 at 03:29 PM.

I'd be skeptical if it was just the Hell Homunculus with her memories and personality [looking at YOU, Kurt] but all of Illyana's soul is back in one piece within it, so it's officially her. Illyana has more of her soul now than she did during the original New Mutants run, I believe. She just got a body upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    As long as she is in Rosenberg's hands, Magik can be the centerpiece all day long. He has a great handle on her and what kind of stories work for the character.
    I appreciated Lemire's enthusiasm for Illyana, but at times felt like there was too much focus on her in Extraordinary. And her story-line with Sapna didn't really click for me.
    Correct on all counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'