Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Which Marvel character would you marry?

My wife was laughing at me the other day, and said to me; "You read comics so much, are there girls in there you want to marry"? my wife has a little broken English btw. It made me think of a topic. If you lived in the Marvel universe, and a superhero met you in a coffee shop, or anywhere, and fell in love with you, /enough to want to marry you/, who would you choose and why?

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Anyone who has access to/is willing to give me Pym particles so I could shrink myself down to like 1 or 2 feet tall.

Storm. Misty Knight. Monica Rambeau. Dagger. Glory Grant. Dani Moonstar.

Definitely not:
    Jean Gray. Betty Banner. Emma Frost. Black Widow.

Raven Darkholme - she's resourceful, experienced, excellent sense of humor, liberal values, and likes having her own space. I also really loved her devotion to Irene Adler.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-02-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

my GOD decision paralysis

although I guess with my screen name I’m obligated to say “Rogue”.

Boisterously Confused

Just reading this thread title has compelled me attend confession.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Seriously, it would have to be Karnilla. She checks all of the boxes:

1. Beautiful beyond compare (yes, I'm a sucker for amethyst eyes) and if she wanted to, she can alter her appearance to suit her whim ... or for role playing purposes.

2. She's a goddess of royal standing, projecting eternal youth, the wisdom of the ages, and vast wealth. Every man is a king in his own castle, but I would literally be a king in a castle.

3. Her magical abilities are unmatched save by perhaps Loki and Odin. I imagine in this scenario that I'm an otherwise normal, non-superhuman chap, so I'd definitely study magic under her. And if that didn't work out, well, she's also powerful enough to bestow superhuman abilities on me that last permanently, or whip up some enchanted talisman or other that gives me powers. No point in existing in a superhero universe if you're a complete flatscan with no powers or abilities.

4. She loves deeply, honors loyalty, is brilliant and cunning and if provoked, absolutely ruthless. I'd never ever worry about someone threatening her -- or our children -- whenever I'm away. I suppose if she's the jealous type I'd have to keep all of my platonic women friends at a distance, but hey, that's no different than now. (Just kidding, honey. Sort of.)

5. She's Queen of the Norns and knows your fate intimately. When she says that the two of you are meant to be, you can believe her without hesitation. When you know, you know.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 07-02-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Just reading this thread title has compelled me attend confession.
    OMG, this is so funny!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Seriously, it would have to be Karnilla. She checks all of the boxes:

1. Beautiful beyond compare (yes, I'm a sucker for amethyst eyes) and if she wanted to, she can alter her appearance to suit her whim ... or for role playing purposes.

2. She's a goddess of royal standing, projecting eternal youth, the wisdom of the ages, and vast wealth. Every man is a king in his own castle, but I would literally be a king in a castle.

3. Her magical abilities are unmatched save by perhaps Loki and Odin. I imagine in this scenario that I'm an otherwise normal, non-superhuman chap, so I'd definitely study magic under her. And if that didn't work out, well, she's also powerful enough to bestow superhuman abilities on me that last permanently, or whip up some enchanted talisman or other that gives me powers. No point in existing in a superhero universe if you're a complete flatscan with no powers or abilities.

4. She loves deeply, honors loyalty, is brilliant and cunning and if provoked, absolutely ruthless. I'd never ever worry about someone threatening her -- or our children -- whenever I'm away. I suppose if she's the jealous type I'd have to keep all of my platonic women friends at a distance, but hey, that's no different than now. (Just kidding, honey. Sort of.)

5. She's Queen of the Norns and knows your fate intimately. When she says that the two of you are meant to be, you can believe her without hesitation. When you know, you know.
    You know, the great romantic disasters of a man's life usually start with choices like this. "I know she's an evil supervillain sorceress, but damn she's hot..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    My wife was laughing at me the other day, and said to me; "You read comics so much, are there girls in there you want to marry"? my wife has a little broken English btw. It made me think of a topic. If you lived in the Marvel universe, and a superhero met you in a coffee shop, or anywhere, and fell in love with you, /enough to want to marry you/, who would you choose and why?
    I asume because you say character i cant opt for a harem..... kidding.... sign me up for Rogue.

I will answer myself; after much reflection.

As a youth, I really liked Valkyrie with her long platinum white braids.
    As a teen, after Giant Size X-Men #1, I liked Storm.
    Today, I don't really know enough about the all the modern characters to make a pick. Maybe Psylocke?!

For MCU I am torn between Invisible Woman from the first FF film and Gamora.

Side Note ~ after reading my own post, and looking at my avatar, I feel like a creeper LMAO!

Dear merciful gods, none of them. Are you crazy? I don't want to get mixed up in superhero bullshit, I am not equipped for that in any form. My choices would be to die tragically, or to become a superhero myself, and neither of those options appeal to me. I can't be a superhero, guys. I can't. I'm 33 and cowardly and no, I don't want to be a superhero, don't make me be a superhero please.

Plus, all of them can do way better than me. There is not a single female character in the Marvel Universe who would not be selling herself short if she dated me.

Lilandra head of a Galactic Empire and cool with me doing my own thing on Earth.

Guy: Daredevill or Gambit.
    Girl: Psylocke or Colleen Wing

Extraordinary Member

I'm a woman.

With this in mind, I'd probably pick the character that is least likely to result in my death, being committed to an insane asylum, impregnated by aliens, trapped in an alternate dimension, being cloned, or some combination of all of those.