Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would split them up a la Hulk and She-Hulk.

Astonishing Ant-Man
    Scott will be back in San Francisco facing off against tech villains like Blizzard, Ghost, Yellowjacket but the main villain would be someone he's not equipped to handle, Doctor Octopus due to him having a Pym Particle sample. The book will also have him be with Cassie in tow as Stinger or Stature and he thinks he's teaching her about superheroics when in turn it's vice versa. I would also transplant Luis in it as he recaps what happened in the last issue like the movie but the synergy will likely end there.

The Winsome Wasp
    As I said, I would have Janet star with her running her fashion line and globetrotting all over the world. Nadia will be in it but only in spurts with Unstoppable Wasp running. I would have fight with Whirlwind, The Magician and other heroes but the main villain is of all people, Taskmaster! He's killing off people of royalty and one happens to near Wasp when that person is killed. Hence Janet going all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought about connecting her with the Brotherhood of Wasps from Spider-girl. They were introduced as rivals to the Spider-totem clan so exploring that side of the conflict would be fun.

It might have been easier to do this with Stature/Stinger tho.
    Slight correction - they're from Amazing Fantasy vol 2 and Arana: Heart of the Spider. They were written out by the time Anya became Spider-Girl.

I'd actually use them in a new Young Avengers book with both Anya and Cassie on the team. Cassie would be offended, as her Stinger identity, of course, has a Wasp motif. Unlike Nadia, she just came up with a different codename for what is essentially the same powerset.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ant-Man and the Wasp Team-Up

Basically a book telling sometimes a single issue, sometimes multiple issues long stories about Janet, Scott, Nadia, Hank and Cassie. Every story focuses on a different character or characters. Sometimes a couple of them, sometimes all of them. Agents of GIRL guest stars every now and then.

The Winsome Wasp

Janet's solo book. Focusing on her life as a business woman and a fashion designer while mantaining an active superhero life. Nadia, She-Hulk and Scarlet Witch are recurring. Hank appears too.

The Astonishing Ant-Man

Scott led solo book but Cassie and Hank are a big part of it too.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Slight correction - they're from Amazing Fantasy vol 2 and Arana: Heart of the Spider. They were written out by the time Anya became Spider-Girl.

I'd actually use them in a new Young Avengers book with both Anya and Cassie on the team. Cassie would be offended, as her Stinger identity, of course, has a Wasp motif. Unlike Nadia, she just came up with a different codename for what is essentially the same powerset.
    The Sisterhood of the Wasps did appear again in the Spider-Island tie-in mini for Anya's Spider-Girl. That aside, I do like the idea of connecting them with Janet and/or Nadia in much the same way the Spider Society was connected with Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This is something I have been thinking about recently. The first thing I would do is bring Hank back. Then, I would "rebirth" the character. Hank would be regretful of all the things he has done but he would also recognize that he was not always in the right mental state when he did some of the bad things he has done and so he would try to reconcile what has happened in his past and move forward with his life. He would be distrusful and dislike all the other heroes (and especially the Avengers and Reed Richards).

The first story arc would involve Hank meeting Nadia and they would fight the Psyco-Man, this would develop their relationship and going forward Nadia would be the Wasp to Hank's Ant-Man. From there, I would try to reintroduse or reinvent the villains that are asosssiated with Ant-Man.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I'd focus on just Hank and Jan.

No Hope, no Nadia, no Scott, nothing.

They're a happy couple in a firm committed relationship. I want to give he book a positive but somewhat tongue in cheek feel, kind of an indie superhero title. It's the kind of book where gorillas with rocket packs or frost giants trying to steal the sun wouldn't be out of place.

At heart, Hank is more of a scientific adventurer. Jan is a millionaire fashion designer that handles (among other things) superheroe's fashion. Hank owns a small average looking home and inside it, he's got a elaborate mansion with his own movie theater, lab, and bowling alley that he's shrunken down.

There's no mention of the slam. Hank isn't having a breakdown. Ultron never appears. Not even once.

I'd actually like to have The Wizard as a villain of his. He was always trying to prove he was as smart as Reed, but that always felt like a one-sided rivalry. Also i feel this book, with a somewhat zany lighthearted fell would be a great place for a writer to hunt down and resolve various plot threads that have been forgotten or ignored over the years.

I'd erase Hank and build-up Vernon Van Dyne into a more important character being a colleague of Howard Stark and Sidney Levine at SHIELD and Chief of SHIELD's Division M. In that role, he would discover and contain the size-changing Quantum Particles. Jan wouldn't change much except for a being a thrillseeker and entry level SHIELD agent. she'd still be fashion conscious while earning high scores in marksmanship, self-defense, logistics, etc. Vernon would have pulled strings to place her in the public relations department; to keep her out of danger. that would not sit well with her, of course. she'd be a part-time adventurer prior to gaining powers. Vernon would be killed by a creature from the Kosmos dimension that chased his agents back to base. Jan would venture into the realm to kill the creature and be permanently altered by the experience. he first set of Wasp wings would be mechanical in nature; a rig that she helped her father design.

Scott Lang would show up much later in the story and be an IT expert/electrical engineer who has been moonlighting as a tech aide to costumed villains (Justin Hammer's crew mainly). the Ant-Man helmet and suit were a customized version of the SHIELD M Division stealth suits. they'd be stolen by Scott from an, unbeknownst to him, SHIELD storage facility. but they wouldn't be the original target. A.I.M freelancer William Cross would have forced Scott to break into the facility; having injected his daughter with a time sensitive nanovirus. Janet would have to step in to bail him out and keep Cross' enforcers busy while Scott uses the suit to destroy the nanovirus. as Ant-Man Scott would be Janet's sidekick/protégé/occasional antagonist before going on to be a hero in his own right. he'd mainly be seen as Janet's street informant as he maintains a lot of his relationships within the criminal underground. otherwise, they lead separate lives; Jan has a reputation to protect.

in my take on the character, Paladin would be a recurring romantic interest for Janet (sort of her Black Cat figure). she'd still have her fortune and have a lot of business contacts from SHIELD. Kashmir Venemma, Gypsy Moth, A.I.M, the Hellfire Club, and Whirlwind are just a small part of her rogues gallery. she hires Doctor William Foster (former lab assistant to her father) to maintain and create a lot of her weaponry. her organic wings are the byproduct of an encounter with the High Evolutionary.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-06-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Ultimate Member

My idea is kinda similar to what a couple of people have already said: A sorta team/family comic. Hank would be there as a mentor/leader figure but he doesn't use any of his old code names even when he's on a mission. Jan would be there of course. Scott and Cassie, Ben Foster, and Nadia. I'd figure out a way to bring back Eric. Perhaps create a new Villainous Yellowjacket (maybe as an organization)?

Hank and Jan are close but they don't remarry. Maybe Cassie has a school girl crush on Ben, and Scott's uneasy with it...she too young he thinks. Eric is the fly in the ointment. The others tolerate him, but they don't miss him when he's gone. He's been forced on the team by circumstances beyond their control.

The adventures have to be crazy sci-fi stuff. There's nothing wrong with having a fist fight with Ultron, but we've been doing it in the same way for 50yrs! There's so much out there to explore with concepts of the cyberworld, and dark matter, and string theory and what not...this comic should feel like it's on the cutting edge of technology and wonder.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Villain acquires stolen supply of Pym particles and uses it to shrink and capture various Avengers. Ant Man and the Wasp use their own Pym particles to shrink the villain's head a couple sizes smaller so nobody can take them seriously with their tiny head and squeaky voice.