Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCU females

Default MCU females

One on one fights between all the MCU female superhero and female supervillains of note. No civilians or non - corporeal entities allowed.

Standard Rumbles settings with standard gear allowed.

Contestants (feel free to add if I miss any):

A. Black Widow
    B. Scarlet Witch
    C. Gamora
    D. Nebula
    E. Shuri
    F. Okoye
    G. Wasp
    H. Valkyrie
    I. Ghost
    J. Hela*
    K. Ancient One

I feel I'm forgetting a couple gals

Anyway, if everyone has to fight everyone else once before moving onto the next rounds, how well does each fighter do in the first round?

* Hela has none of the extra powers she had while on Asgard, as this is the Arena.

Hela's best feat was on Earth, so she is still likely the most powerful here.

That said, im feeling Ancient One. She can Dimension Dump Hela.

Wanda is the third strongest powerhouse but the other two have her beat
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I dunno, Wanda vs Ancient One feels like a quick draw.

Unless Hela loses all her ranged options she beats Wanda though.

Ok, if there's that much disparity in terms of rumbling power between these ladies, then how about this:

Rank them, all 11 MCU women, from worst to first.

Add Sif to the list. She's basically the same level as Valkyrie.

And although X23 is Fox, I'd like to see that kid mix it up with the MCU's ladies.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

So, my take:

12. Black Widow
    11. Shuri
    10. Okoye
    09. Gamora
    08. Wasp
    07. Ghost
    06. Nebula
    05. Sif
    04. Valkyrie
    03. Scarlet Witch
    02. Hela
    01. Ancient One

And I'm not sure that Foxverse X-23 beats anyone geared on this list, as these are all full-grown women and she is still a little girl in LOGAN.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Default rules means BFR is on, and that means that the Ancient One should take this.

Without that, Hela definitely slaughters. Too quick and outside the ability of the other players to hurt.

Perhaps dumping Hela in a different dimension would be a temporary solution, but I don't think it would be a permanent one. Odin's life force was the only thing keeping Hela from breaking out of Hel. After he died, she had no trouble escaping. Hel, even when Odin was alive, there was a time when Hela nearly broke out, which forced Odin to intervene by sending the Valkyrie to fight her back.

It comes down to a quickdraw between Hela, Scarlet Witch, and the Ancient One. Hela's Necrosword barrage kills mostly everyone, except for Scarlet Witch, Ancient One, Ghost, and the Wasp. Hela is one of the most dangerous beings in the MCU. Scarlet Witch has enough firepower to destroy everyone here. The Ancient One's magical abilities make her arguably the most significant threat. Then there's Ghost, whose phasing/intangibility might allow her to walk through most attacks, unscathed. If the opportunity presented itself, Ghost might be able to phase her fist through, say, Wanda or Ancient One's head. The Wasp is a wildcard, because she, like the original Wasp, can shrink down to the subatomic level. Though this doesn't ensure total victory, the Wasp might be the one that removes Hela from the fight by shattering her atoms.

I'm leaning towards Scarlet Witch. I think she's fast enough to destroy or significantly damage her high-level threats. After that, it's a cakewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, my take:

12. Black Widow
    11. Shuri
    10. Okoye
    09. Gamora
    08. Wasp
    07. Ghost
    06. Nebula
    05. Sif
    04. Valkyrie
    03. Scarlet Witch
    02. Hela
    01. Ancient One

And I'm not sure that Foxverse X-23 beats anyone geared on this list, as these are all full-grown women and she is still a little girl in LOGAN.
    I am curious as to why youd place Nebula above Gamora. And several spots at that
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Scarlett Witch cannot inflict enough damage on Hela to 10 count her. Getting stabbed straight through the abdomen didnt slow her at all. Thor's huge bolt put her down for a couple of minutes but that was a kilometers wide thing. Even Thor's smaller bolts have dropped Leviathans.

You make a good point about the dimension dump however. Although it seemed like she needed the Bifrost to return to Asgard, so call me conflicted.

If we spot her the ability to return from a D dump then she wins this outside of a tiny tiny chance of Wanda mind control.
    - big_adventure

Wasp technically should be able to shrink down and then send any one opponent to the quantum realm at will. I say one, because the Pym suits typically only have one regulator. So if she doesn't get killed in the opening volley, she should conceivably take down any one of Wanda, Hela or Ancient One.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I am curious as to why youd place Nebula above Gamora. And several spots at that
    I'm kinda unclear what superhuman abilities MCU Gamora has. I just figured since MCU Nebula is a cyborg, she has the edge.

Nebula can self-repair from horrific damage. Can literally walk away from being vivisected, as a matter of fact.

Gamora might have a slight edge in combat skill, but in any objective criterion Nebula should be higher.

Edit: Also, Wasp should be rated higher than Sif as she has weaponized growing and shriking tech. She can shrink Sif down to pea-size which would render her harmless. This strategy wouldn't work so well for Wanda, Hela or Ancient One through (as they could still kill you at pea-size), so quantum-realm BFR is the only way to go.
    Last edited by Twickster; 07-09-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Nebula can self-repair from horrific damage. Can literally walk away from being vivisected, as a matter of fact.

Gamora might have a slight edge in combat skill, but in any objective criterion Nebula should be higher.

Edit: Also, Wasp should be rated higher than Sif as she has weaponized growing and shriking tech. She can shrink Sif down to pea-size which would render her harmless. This strategy wouldn't work so well for Wanda, Hela or Ancient One through (as they could still kill you at pea-size), so quantum-realm BFR is the only way to go.
    In terms of raw power set, Nebula has an edge sure. That's only because Gamora has ruthlessly defeated her in combat hundreds of times with Thanos mutilating her to make it even. It STILL didn't work. Even in Guardians 2, when Gamora was on foot with no gear and Nebula had a damn spaceship, Nebula lost.

Basically, Nebula is in desperate need of her healing factor because she's always getting hurt whereas Gamora manages to avoid those situations. Can she take more damage than Gamora? Sure, but that should hardly make her a higher ranked threat than the woman who constantly destroys her in 1v1 as a point of plot.

Gamora also has superhuman strength capable of holding Drax being dragged through reentry and a forest without letting go. She also hefted that enormous gattling gun that was easily heavier than say a moose. Probably much heavier, plus the recoil didn't bother her much.
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Gamora is a cyborg as well, just to a much lesser extent than Nebula.

Not to mention that she was shown to swing her sword hard enough to casually slice off Adult Groot's (who was only getting chipped from sustained machine gun fire) arms and take apparently no damage from being inside an exploding, super-durable, mining podship (with the only threat being from asphyxiation due to the explosion taking place while she was in the vacuum of space).