Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    True. It's a good thing when the writing allows for various interpretations and a good round of discussion. On this board RHATO is one of the few books that manages to do so almost every issue.
    And we can even discuss in friendly terms. Not many books can have the same, unfortunately.

Now that I think about it. If Jason thinks he messed up, that he wasn't in control enough of his emotions when he shot Penguin, could it be the reason he decided to ditch the guns in #26?

Now that I think about it. If Jason thinks he messed up, that he wasn't in control enough of his emotions when he shot Penguin, could it be the reason he decided to ditch the guns in #26?
    Could be, but we will still get the annual, that happens after the fall out with Bruce, and he uses guns there, if those pics we saw a while back were in present time. So it has to be more than that and have to come to a final fruition after annual 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Could be, but we will still get the annual, that happens after the fall out with Bruce, and he uses guns there, if those pics we saw a while back were in present time.
    He could either have an enlightening talk with Roy or something terrible happens which further pushes him into changing his MO.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    And we can even discuss in friendly terms. Not many books can have the same, unfortunately.
    That is so true. At least with this book fans aren't jumping other fans over things like elsewhere. There are discussion I tend to avoid these days because things have gotten out of hand with them and its no longer fun for me to participate. At least that's never happened here.

To be honest I like hearing different view points and interpretations on things. It makes me think and sometimes people point out things that I hadn't even considered.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

That's an interesting point.

He could either have an enlightening talk with Roy or something terrible happens which further pushes him into changing his MO.
    I wonder what Jason and Roy are going to talk about actually.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    I just have a feeling that Dark thinks that I'm attacking Lobdell and that he feels the need to defend him (like a spokeman). Hell no! This issue is way beyond my expectations and right now, I care about Jason more than ever because of Lobdell's writing. I was commenting on the recent comments and thoughts. They are all golds because now RHATO story is experiencing some critical changes. But there are inconsistencies between different interpretations so I want to point out. If I really dislike Lobdell's writing or editor's decisions, I would name names directly in my post.
    I'm not defending anything. I'm just stating my opinion. I love the guy but that doesn't mean I won't point out when his writing is poor or sloppy.

And to further emphasize how this whole thing was just a means to an end, is already confirmed that Penguin is coming back for King's next arc.

http://ew.com/books/2018/07/13/batma...s-crisis-more/

So, Jason is burning all the bridges for something that will barely last a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    That's an interesting point.

I wonder what Jason and Roy are going to talk about actually.
    No idea. But the last time they were together Jason was out for blood and Roy was there to stop him. So maybe something about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I'm not defending anything. I'm just stating my opinion. I love the guy but that doesn't mean I won't point out when his writing is poor or sloppy.

And to further emphasize how this whole thing was just a means to an end, is already confirmed that Penguin is coming back for King's next arc.

So, Jason is burning all the bridges for something that will barely last a couple of months.
    This being a temporary direction has been a possibility from the start. But I wonder why Penguin being alive translates to Jason un-burning bridges? Not impossible but work has to be done for it to happen. Also regardless of how long this direction lasts, I don't believe that they will just simply undo all its development once the book gets back to its root.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

You misunderstood me, I'm not saying that Jason will "un-fire bridges" just because Penguin is alive. I'm saying that they're making Jason crash his relationship with Bruce and the rest of the Batfamily over something that will be handwaved away in just a few months (not even a year) making the entire premise look like everyone involved overreacting and thus, taking away a lot of the emotional impact that was supposed to have.

His relationship with batfamily is already fragile because it made of "we will love you as long as you follow the rules" instead of "we love you which is why we don't want you to take this path". Not to mention that Jason himself said that they aren't family in the way that matters.

I'm actually glad that the dumb promise is broken because I never liked the reasoning behind it and I'm pretty sure that Jason and Bruce would make up sooner or later anyway. Him doing for his father isn't a weak reasoning to me because Jason once told Bruce in UTRH that he would kill the joker if it was him who was killed and considering that Penguin ruined his family, is it really a big surprised that he went after him?

You misunderstood me, I'm not saying that Jason will "un-fire bridges" just because Penguin is alive. I'm saying that they're making Jason crash his relationship with Bruce and the rest of the Batfamily over something that will be handwaved away in just a few months (not even a year) making the entire premise look like everyone involved overreacting and thus, taking away a lot of the emotional impact that was supposed to have.
    Sorry. I missed one word and misunderstood your comment completely. But, let's see if next issue will reveal whether Jason himself shifted his aim and spared Penguin's life or not. However the fact that he shot Penguin point blank would be reasons enough to burn his relationship with Bruce I think.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 07-17-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I'm actually glad that the dumb promise is broken because I never liked the reasoning behind it and I'm pretty sure that Jason and Bruce would make up sooner or later anyway. Him doing for his father isn't a weak reasoning to me because Jason once told Bruce in UTRH that he would kill the joker if it was him who was killed and considering that Penguin ruined his family, is it really a big surprised that he went after him?
    The promise was meant to be broken from the start because Jason shouldn't change what he strongly believes in in exchange for a family that he himself doesn't feel belonged to. On the other hand though, Red Hood can neither act on unstable mindset nor be emotionally compromised in such scenarios. This solo gig is a good opportunity for Jason to find himself and understand what being Red Hood means imo.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 07-17-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Well Black Mask was back in some other book recently too with no explanation as to how he was fine again after what happened earlier in RHATO. Really that's not evidence of anything at all beyond writers and editorial once again ignoring events that happened in RHATO which have effected certain characters. And like I said before I really was not expecting them to allow Penguin to die any more than I expected them to keep Black Mask in the state he was left in.

Also regarding you later comment I don't feel that any of this is going to detract from the emotional impact of his fight with Bruce at all. It's the fact that Jason shot Penguin at point blank range on live tv not whether or not some other writer is planning on using Penguin later down the line in his run which adds the emotional resonance here. I only care about what's happening in the moment not something that will likely happen months from now and in that moment Penguin is in critical condition and Jason put him there.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 07-17-2018 at 12:43 PM.

I would be more than happy to see Jason being confident with strong resolve who second himself sometimes instead of doing it all the time and trying to prove himself to Batman.

I truly hope that the solo arc would acomplish that and not be about him being angsty.