Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

The amount of mutant solo ongoings and minis (and in Iceman's case, "ongoings") recently announced is definitely great early signs of what is to come in regards to focus on the X-Line after Fox is officially purchased.

Really excited about this. PAD's rendition of the character was pretty much the best part of his X-Factor run after it kind of lost its purpose for being, and in general I love when Marvel pushes it's B- and C-listers. I look forward to finding out more about this miniseries over the coming months!

-Pav, who hopes more minis like this come our way...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I loves me some Seeley so I'm in for this.

If this continues to be a trend (solo minis) I'm gonna be in loooooove with Marvel. This is a great way to treat fans to some focus on their respective favorites, dismissing the nonsense of popularity hierarchy. They're like beloved one shots of yesteryear, but ....longer. I dig it very much. GO Team X!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If this continues to be a trend (solo minis) I'm gonna be in loooooove with Marvel. This is a great way to treat fans to some focus on their respective favorites, dismissing the nonsense of popularity hierarchy. They're like beloved one shots of yesteryear, but ....longer. I dig it very much. GO Team X!
    Unless the first round bombs terribly, I think we can expect these to continue. JDW was talking about how he liked the idea of mini-series and wanted to encourage more of them (or something along those lines) on a recent podcast.

BANNED

ooo yummy!

I wonder if minis sell better as trades than they do as floppies. Casual fans might be more interested in picking up a fully collected mini than they would 6 trades of an ongoing?

Incredible Member

I'm all in on this one. I love Shatterstar !!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I wonder if minis sell better as trades than they do as floppies. Casual fans might be more interested in picking up a fully collected mini than they would 6 trades of an ongoing?
    It varies on who said mini is about.

Black Panther WOW did pretty well on Amazon before the film.
    Same with BP The Crew.

Both were top 150 sellers.

Also access plays a part in it. Not every trade be it ongoing or mini reaches a store.

stop giving Lewis Tan hope.