Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

BANNED

"Sigh"

Of course they are.

Trying to think of what to adapt from her short-lived series...wasn't a lot of memorable stuff other than her interactions with Felicia, and she's tied up with the Silver and Black project

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    "Sigh"

Of course they are.

Trying to think of what to adapt from her short-lived series...wasn't a lot of memorable stuff other than her interactions with Felicia, and she's tied up with the Silver and Black project
    Wasn't the Silver and Black project cancelled?

might as well. Have fun! Get a good cast in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    "Sigh"

Of course they are.

She at least has a narrative they can pull from, her trauma from being locked in a bunker for years and trying to find her parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    Wasn't the Silver and Black project cancelled?
    I think all these Sony spinoffs are banking on Venom doing well.

If that bombs...they're probably getting canned.

So this means that the "Cindy" from Homecoming won't become Silk, I assume.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

There's always drawing upon Cindy's own entanglements with the Spider Society, given that Ezekiel found her when she was still a teenager and put her in the bunker to protect her from the Inheritors, and his successor as the leader of the Spider Society tried to steal her powers in the final issue or two of her solo.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Who made more cosplays, her or Spider-Gwen?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    So this means that the "Cindy" from Homecoming won't become Silk, I assume.
    I always thought that was a longshot.

Almost as much of a longshot as expecting Tony Revolori's Flash to become Agent Venom.

iMan 42s

Silk as a cinematic character is going to be tricky but probably not going to come with the same baggage as her comic counterpart. That being said, I'm reluctant to call it a good idea given that Silk simply doesn't have the same sort of staying power other spiders do, and I want to be wrong, but nothing suggests that I'm not.

Her villains could be something like Ezekiel or Morlun, but does that have any staying power? How do you sustain a franchise off of that or at least a trilogy? Superhero movies are franchise material because they are easy to keep going due to the source material constantly getting updated. Problem is that Cindy doesn't have that. She has 1 major foe, and two if you stretch it considering he was long dead by the time she escaped the bunker. And if there is no bunker and she never gets locked up for her own protection she had one villain and you might as well be doing Spider-woman/Girl. And given the amount of bitching that was done over Black Cat, do we really want her as the antagonist for Silk, a character who is as it stands is unsustainable to potentially beat or kill a classic Spider-man ally?

I'm immediately skeptical of this but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Silk as a cinematic character is going to be tricky but probably not going to come with the same baggage as her comic counterpart. That being said, I'm reluctant to call it a good idea given that Silk simply doesn't have the same sort of staying power other spiders do, and I want to be wrong, but nothing suggests that I'm not.

Her villains could be something like Ezekiel or Morlun, but does that have any staying power? How do you sustain a franchise off of that or at least a trilogy? Superhero movies are franchise material because they are easy to keep going due to the source material constantly getting updated. Problem is that Cindy doesn't have that. She has 1 major foe, and two if you stretch it considering he was long dead by the time she escaped the bunker. And if there is no bunker and she never gets locked up for her own protection she had one villain and you might as well be doing Spider-woman/Girl. And given the amount of bitching that was done over Black Cat, do we really want her as the antagonist for Silk, a character who is as it stands is unsustainable to potentially beat or kill a classic Spider-man ally?

I'm immediately skeptical of this but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
    I think at this point Sony is more concerned with the idea of Spider-Man spinoff movies that are all their own then whether they are actually feasible as films.

The problem with a non-MCU Silk movie is that people will think it's a Spidey rip-off, rather than a spin-off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

If venom bombs like solo did I wonder if all of ony’s Live action spidey spin offs will be put on hold like the Star Wars spin offs

It might actually prompt them to surrender the rights.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The problem with a non-MCU Silk movie is that people will think it's a Spidey rip-off, rather than a spin-off.
    It's already going to be a spinoff with virtually no connection to the character it's spinning off from .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    If venom bombs like solo did I wonder if all of ony’s Live action spidey spin offs will be put on hold like the Star Wars spin offs
    I think that's very likely going to be the case.