Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Steve Ditko has died

https://www.newsarama.com/40707-stev...way-at-90.html

A very sad day as one of the true legends of the industry has passed away at the age of 90.

Besides co-creating Spider-Man and Dr. Strange for Marvel, he also created The Question, The Creeper, Captain Atom, Ted Kord, Punch & Jewelee, Shade the Changing Man, and Hawk & Dove to name a few.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-06-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Mighty Member

I feel terrible because I had no idea that he was still alive. May he rest in peace. He created some of the best characters ever.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Invincible Member

Wow. At least he left us with a number of interesting characters.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

A remarkable creator. May he rest in peace.

You will be missed sir. Thank you for everything.

Steve Ditko has always remained a sort of enigma among comic book creatives, in no small part to his very private nature (though his personal philosophy is known and well-implemented into some of the characters he created), but his immense contributions to the genre, both from a stylistic, story, and character standpoint, is a testament to his impact.

RIP Mr. Ditko.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I feel terrible because I had no idea that he was still alive. May he rest in peace. He created some of the best characters ever.
    Right there with you. I didn't know he was still alive. But now, learning he has died, I feel gutted. He was brilliant. RIP, Mr. Ditko.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"