View Poll Results: Who in your mind is responsible for the mutant wipeout in House of M?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • No one person is to blame

16 13.33%
  • Magneto [spent years twisting Wanda's mind]

3 2.50%
  • Emma and Logan [ wanted Wanda killed, inciting Pietro]]

0 0%
  • Pietro [prompted Wanda to change the world]

14 11.67%
  • Wanda [went crazy and did the deed]

53 44.17%
  • Some one else

34 28.33%
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Who do you blame for the mutant wipeout at the end of House of M?

I've been going over the history of late and wondered what other people think.

It probably won't change what I think, but I am interested in how people perceive the event.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Missed Doom as an option after all marvel said that it was his fault.

Wanda decided to use a power that she could not control because of her sadness for losing her childrens and went crazy. Everything that happened next was the result of several bad choices of various characters including her. If it were to blame her we would have to arrest half of the marvel heroes who committed crimes when they were out of control.

Certain things are best left in the past .

Joe Quesada.

Extraordinary Member

The answer is always "Brian Bendis."

Quesada fits too, but there's a reason why it was so easy to tack the mutant decimation onto the end of that story: so many characters' motivations made absolutely no sense (why does Quicksilver want Magneto to be in power? why isn't Vision in Wanda's new world? etc) that they could attach literally any plot point to it with the explanation "oh, well, she's crazy." Even crazy characters need to have some kind of motivation.
    Last edited by gurkle; 07-06-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Bendis and Quesada

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Missed Doom as an option after all marvel said that it was his fault.

Wanda decided to use a power that she could not control because of her sadness for losing her childrens and went crazy. Everything that happened next was the result of several bad choices of various characters including her. If it were to blame her we would have to arrest half of the marvel heroes who committed crimes when they were out of control.

Certain things are best left in the past .
    Like AVX?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Like AVX?
    Don't lie. You recorded it for yourself.

Wanda did it... but Wanda was possessed, so I'm not sure you can really hold her accountable.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I have no problem accepting that Victor von Doom was responsible for setting in motion everything that happened.

Well, it's kinda complicated. Doom manipulated Wanda and the power of the life force made her crazy. Technically Wanda still has some fault as it's not like they made her do the "No More Mutants" thing specifically, but it's not fair to blame her when there was an external force driving her to that state.

BANNED

Wanda did. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I have no problem accepting that Victor von Doom was responsible for setting in motion everything that happened.
    Honestly... it still seemed to me like Doom was accepting the blame for House of M just to try and get Wanda off the hook in the end. Or at least that's how I interpreted his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Like AVX?
    Certainly but it's no use from time to time these topics always come back.

Although it has always bothered me the difference in treatment between her case and Cyclops .

On the other hand Wanda and her fans had their own kind of problem. Because of Bendis' mess Wanda got years without appearing in any comic this is the worst thing that can happen to a character the luck is that the movies have turned the game in her favor again.

Easy answer: Joe M. Quesada.

Or it was Dr. Doom who messed with Wanda's head?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Certainly but it's no use from time to time these topics always come back.

Although it has always bothered me the difference in treatment between her case and Cyclops .

On the other hand Wanda and her fans had their own kind of problem. Because of Bendis' mess Wanda got years without appearing in any comic this is the worst thing that can happen to a character the luck is that the movies have turned the game in her favor again.
    Yeah, there's a HUGE difference between Wanda's treatment and Scott.

It took Wanda 7 years for her to get off the hook. It didn't take Scott half that time. If they were treated equally, Scott would have gotten off the hook in 2019.