View Poll Results: Who in your mind is responsible for the mutant wipeout in House of M?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • No one person is to blame

16 13.33%
  • Magneto [spent years twisting Wanda's mind]

3 2.50%
  • Emma and Logan [ wanted Wanda killed, inciting Pietro]]

0 0%
  • Pietro [prompted Wanda to change the world]

14 11.67%
  • Wanda [went crazy and did the deed]

53 44.17%
  • Some one else

34 28.33%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Honestly, he almost had to. The way Morrison wrote the X-men it seemed like one out of every ten people was a mutant.
    They were finally an actual, real minority in the MU with their own culture and everything. It's how they always should have been.
    And Quesada had been wanting to do this long before Morrison ever wrote a Marvel book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    #BlameBendis
    Not this time.
    He was just following orders, and if he had rebelled then somebody else would have written it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, there's a HUGE difference between Wanda's treatment and Scott.

It took Wanda 7 years for her to get off the hook. It didn't take Scott half that time. If they were treated equally, Scott would have gotten off the hook in 2019.
    You mean the seven years she was being a lovely gypsy woman In Wundagore, to being engaged to a King....yrsh she was really working hard on that path to redemption lol. Treated equally???? Wanda killed a Sh!t ton of innocent mutants Cyclops, end3d World Hunger, Made a real step to world peace saved his people and killed a dude attscking him so no those 2 things are not equal

Pietro in his right mind decided to unleash an unstable mind on the world, give her more power through abusing Xavier and fed her delusions concerning her dead children when within House of M. It is really all on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He was just following orders
    Kind of writes itself

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They were finally an actual, real minority in the MU with their own culture and everything. It's how they always should have been.
    And Quesada had been wanting to do this long before Morrison ever wrote a Marvel book.
    Really? That's odd because I thought he only started feeling that way after Morrison's run where Mutants were at their biggest.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Honestly, he almost had to. The way Morrison wrote the X-men it seemed like one out of every ten people was a mutant.
    Meh. Not true, at all. Morrison set the population at a very reasonable 16 million (Genosha's population was said to be half), and this included all the silly mutations like rainbow coloured pubic hair and the like. 16 million out of 7 billion?! That's like 2/10ths of a percent. Practically nothing. The average person knows about 600 people, meaning they'd know 1 mutant, perhaps a second.

I'm generally not a fan of 99% of what Morrison delivered, but this was something I could agree with.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-07-2018 at 11:47 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Not that it matters much, but I remember back in the day playing those Days of Future Past modules of the MSHRPG. They stated that Sentinels had determined the mutant population to be as high as 1-full-percent. And there was a disclaimer: "Even this figure seems outrageously high until you consider that very few of these mutants had "super powers." Most had very minor abilities, or no special abilities at all, because of their mutations... these distinctions were insignificant to the Sentinels..."

Yes, this was non-canonical, but it was from 1987, and it's generally been something in my headcanon ever since. Morrison's numbers were low, and I think I'd prefer something in-between.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

plz delete
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 07-07-2018 at 01:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Really? That's odd because I thought he only started feeling that way after Morrison's run where Mutants were at their biggest.
    No, that is merely when he started having a loud enough voice. All three of his famed genies were rooted firmly in days of yore.

Extraordinary Member

Just read the breakdown of The Children's Crusade.

Yeah, it was Doom.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I just always read it as a man with his ego bruised because he failed at being a god, so he wanted to go down reminding everyone of what he's capable of. Doom grooming Wanda for all that time because he was power hungry with a god complex makes perfect sense to me. After all was said and done and she wasn't useful to him anymore, he never gave any crap about her again. That doesn't sound like it was ever true love or care, so I don't believe he had any genuine reason to protect her.
    There would be no chance for any such grooming. I've pointed out over and over again how the timeline doesn't fit. Doom gets trapped back in Hell because he didn't follow the rules of the bargain with the Hazareeth demons in Unthinkable. He briefly escapes in Authoritative Action but winds up in Hell again. Either that or back in the body he left behind in Reed's Moebius Dimension that he built as a prison for all time. And this all happened before Disassembled. Doom does not escape the Netherworld until Mjolnir comes ripping across the dimensions and creates a path for Doom to hitch a ride back to Earth. around the beginning of Civil War. So he wasn't even around when Wanda went berserk. It's debatable what version of him appears in House of M since his face is normal and Valeria and his Mother are both alive. I'd consider it an AR version.

But mostly I think Bendis and Joe Q are to blame. Joe Q wanted to reduce the number of mutants and thought the X-men tltles were too complicated to follow...or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    DOOM! of course.

And Bendis. And Quesada.
    You have 2/3 of it right.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-07-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You mean the seven years she was being a lovely gypsy woman In Wundagore, to being engaged to a King....yrsh she was really working hard on that path to redemption lol. Treated equally???? Wanda killed a Sh!t ton of innocent mutants Cyclops, end3d World Hunger, Made a real step to world peace saved his people and killed a dude attscking him so no those 2 things are not equal
    The seven years where she was fucking banned of being used in any book vs all the years Scott has spent being the focal characer of not only Uncanny X-Men but the whole X-Men franchise. No one is comparing the things they did. The "treatment" being discussed here is about the consequences of those actions. You're randomly saying " Treated equally????", when the fact that they were not treated equally is exactly the point they're making.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, there's a HUGE difference between Wanda's treatment and Scott.

It took Wanda 7 years for her to get off the hook. It didn't take Scott half that time. If they were treated equally, Scott would have gotten off the hook in 2019.
    Are you saying Scott got off easy? In-Universe not even close, although as others have noticed it played out differently outside the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Are you saying Scott got off easy? In-Universe not even close, although as others have noticed it played out differently outside the books.
    Wouldn't say he got off easier than Wanda, but he did get off much quicker. Biggest issue with Scott is less legal and more personal. Avengers forgave Wanda, but Xmen never quite forgave Scott.