View Poll Results: Who in your mind is responsible for the mutant wipeout in House of M?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • No one person is to blame

16 13.33%
  • Magneto [spent years twisting Wanda's mind]

3 2.50%
  • Emma and Logan [ wanted Wanda killed, inciting Pietro]]

0 0%
  • Pietro [prompted Wanda to change the world]

14 11.67%
  • Wanda [went crazy and did the deed]

53 44.17%
  • Some one else

34 28.33%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wouldn't say he got off easier than Wanda, but he did get off much quicker. Biggest issue with Scott is less legal and more personal. Avengers forgave Wanda, but Xmen never quite forgave Scott.
    Well, a big difference is that Scott embraced his acts. He basically said that if he could do it all over again, he would. Wanda did not.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

So it was a plot hole regarding the timeline. It was not the first and certainly not the last time a timeline didn't add up in the Marvel Universe. It's comics. Things like that are gonna happen all the time. You can create your own headcanons that try to fill in the gaps; maybe he set up a Doombot or magically created a dupe of himself that would do whatever he wanted them to do while he was away so he could finish it later on. Anyway, at the end of the day, canon told us that he was behind it, and like I said, I have no issue accepting that, because it is something I could see him doing.
    But is it reallly canon when even some of the characters in the story express doubt as to its veracity? Heinberg is clearly telling us here through Wolverine. And you have Magneto and Quicksilver trying to deflect blame about M Day? How believable is that? Quicksilver was the one that manipulated things so that Wanda created the alternate reality. The family conflict with Magneto/Quicksilver/Wanda lead to her saying "No More Mutants" How can you shift blame to Doom for that? He was being manipulated into serving the Royal Family. And there is no indication that he even remembers the events during House of M, even if it was him. Wanda herself doesn't allow it as her means to absolve herself of any blame as it's shown here

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-08-2018 at 08:14 AM.

BANNED

She's an Avenger. So, even being a genocidal witch, she'll never be held accountable for her atrocities.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    A series of amnesia by writers and the characters, can we as readers just forget about this and move on as well?
    It's not amnesia, it's Bendis not doing his research. Disassembled and therefore HOM and Wanda's whole breakdown all happened because somehow she forget she had kids and everyone thought it would be a good idea to keep ti from her.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It's not amnesia, it's Bendis not doing his research. Disassembled and therefore HOM and Wanda's whole breakdown all happened because somehow she forget she had kids and everyone thought it would be a good idea to keep ti from her.
    QFT. Also, he appears not to comprehend what happened in Darker than Scarlet, where it was shown Immortus was behind it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    But is it reallly canon when even some of the characters in the story express doubt as to its veracity? Heinberg is clearly telling us here through Wolverine.
    It's canon when it's X-Men doing the questioning. Remember, the X-Men were wrong. Period. Marvel was treating them, wholesale, as personae non gratae. No, Heinberg is clearly telling us here through Cap, Magneto, and the Avengers.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    It's canon when it's X-Men doing the questioning. Remember, the X-Men were wrong. Period. Marvel was treating them, wholesale, as personae non gratae. No, Heinberg is clearly telling us here through Cap, Magneto, and the Avengers.
    So what exactly did Doom gain from it since

• He was in Hell and could not take any actions to make any profit or gain out of it.
    • He was, or some version of Doom was manipulated in House of M so that he was serving the House of M, in effect being ruled by the one he is supposed to be controlling? Looked like the other way around to me.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-08-2018 at 10:28 AM.

QFT. Also, he appears not to comprehend what happened in Darker than Scarlet, where it was shown Immortus was behind it all.
    yeah, but like I said Bendis didn't do any research.

So what exactly did Doom gain from it since
    I think it was an experiment that flew out of his control, and he got smacked for it, but he was ultimately responsible for it all.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

BANNED

I think it was an experiment that flew out of his control, and he got smacked for it, but he was ultimately responsible for it all.
    Story of his life, basically.

It was a request he agreed to attempt with Wanda, just as the story says. They underestimated the power of this Life Force that they summoned. Wanda never has disputed that part of the story even when she got her memories back. They did that part together. After that, Doom is out of the picture. Everything after that are her actions directed by this Life Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    You talking bout Chad?
    Hot dog Chad?
    That Chad?
    Come on, we all know Chad's a douche. Being all Chad and stuff. Ugh. Screw Chad.

I agree with this. The whole Crusade mini was putting what happened to show how Doom was behind it in the end.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Easily Wanda. She's an intelligent person. She went to Doom because she knew trying to resurrect her sons was black magic. Because it was black magic she knew there would be a price and did it anyway. She might not have known what the cost would be but she knew it would be something otherwise she would have went to Dr Strange.

I personally think the whole thing was character assassination but Children's Crusade made it far worse to me because we saw her choose to go to Doom. Whether he manipulated her or not after that is irrelevant. Wanda might be a loopy but she's not a moron. She knew what she was doing. There was a reason she was operating in secret.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, that's certainly plausible given his history.

It's also possible Doom was playing a very long game. The guy is, for all his faults, a brilliant strategist.

Knowing Wanda was unstable, it would only be a matter of time before she self destructed and took a lot of her friends with her. Maybe Doon didn't foresee HOM but even if he did, he may have predicted a reality based on Wanda's degenerating mental state would ultimately tear at the seams.

So I am prepared to believe Doom put all this in motion believing he would eventually come out on top.

Has there ever been an implication since that he really loved Wanda. I mean, when he created BATTLEWORLD, he chose a version of Sue for his wife, not Wanda.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor