Default Does the Lasso work on robots?

The whole truth aspect, obviously the trapped in indestructible rope thing works. But could the Lasso force a robot or other AI to go against programming and reveal some truth or information to Wonder Woman? Or does being a machine provide a loophole? Is there a difference between a sentient or sapient artificial intelligence (one with free will and thoughts) versus one lacking such?

This has come up and it is dependent on whether or not the robot is sentient.
    To use some examples Elektro created a robot Wonder Woman and it was immune to the lasso.
    When Wonder Woman confronted a race of machine people which were invading Jupiter, her lasso did work on them.

However it gets trickier with other details. Like Astarte was a ghost possessing a metal body but was immune to the lasso because it wasn't her true form.

Interesting question!!! I'm not familiar with Fuzzy's examples but I don't think they should work in robots. It's a good "weakness" to Wonder Woman, since she operates in the gods' sphere of influence (anciente, natural stuff). Seems fair to me that a purely human creation would have an advantage. BUT I do think it should work on souls/non solid bodies.

Honestly given that its supposed to be one of the most powerful items in the DC universe I don't think it should have a weakness as broad as that. On top of that, DC has established with things like The Metal http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/The_Metal That there isn't a sharp divide between science and magic in their universe.

As for my examples, golden age villain Elektro from wonder woman #48 and KEL-X....Gah the issue number escapes me. But it had the Holliday Girls hiking on a mountain on the east coast when they came upon giant babies from jupiter which were refugees for this race of living robots was trying to genocide the giants of jupiter so they could harvest the planet for resources. So Wonder Woman went off to save the day

BANNED

It probably depends on the robot.
    Actual sentient AIs, sure. Those things go against their programming all the time.
    Glorified toasters not so much.

But could an AI with internet access that can just leap out of its body even be physically lassoed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    This has come up and it is dependent on whether or not the robot is sentient.
    To use some examples Elektro created a robot Wonder Woman and it was immune to the lasso.
    When Wonder Woman confronted a race of machine people which were invading Jupiter, her lasso did work on them.

However it gets trickier with other details. Like Astarte was a ghost possessing a metal body but was immune to the lasso because it wasn't her true form.
    Interesting, are there any more recent examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It probably depends on the robot.
    Actual sentient AIs, sure. Those things go against their programming all the time.
    Glorified toasters not so much.

But could an AI with internet access that can just leap out of its body even be physically lassoed?
    Huh, that is a tough one. It might be possible though, depending on whether the Lasso only binds physical bodies or not. If it ever bound something more incorporeal like a ghost I would give it the benefit of trapping an AI, but I am woefully new to Wondie lore.

More recent examples are trickier because the lasso doesn't work the same way anymore.
    Originally the lasso was just able to command anything with a soul to obey a command with it most commonly being used to get a confession out of someone.
    Then later it was toned down so it made people tell the truth.
    Nowadays though its been given this hard to quantify property of sorta 'soul gaze'-ing so everyone whose holding the lasso becomes intimately aware of one another. Im not sure when this concept started, though Simones run is when I first ran into it and Rucka was using it during his recent run. This version was basically 'lets share'

I'm going to say no to the robots too. Meaning Diana could contain Amazo with the lasso, but she's not going get any information out of him and it'll end up being a big tug of war.