Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

King’s Batman is inconsistent with ANY other version in Rebirth or any other Batman really. That’s a big problem. It makes it seem as if there are multiple Batmen running around because they in no way feel like the same person.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Omigosh, can you guys please not turn this into another Tom King hate/debate thread? I don't have a side in this since I don't read his Batman, but this is getting silly how many of them are there. The question from the original poster has already been answered. Let it be, and if you wanna discuss it, you can go back to those threads.

Incredible Member

In issue #19, Batman says Bane "hanged the boys... hanged my son from a rock in a cave."

I haven't seen the tweet that everyone in this thread is talking about but it seems to directly contradict the actual story. The comics give every indication that those are the real Dick, Jason, and Damian.
    Last edited by PurpleGlovez; 07-08-2018 at 04:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    King’s Batman is inconsistent with ANY other version in Rebirth or any other Batman really. That’s a big problem. It makes it seem as if there are multiple Batmen running around because they in no way feel like the same person.
    I stopped reading Batman after the Bane fiasco, and then the completely unneeded death in the family. Your complaints seem not as grand as those alterations in the character those previous changes. If you don't like it, don't buy it and complain to DC. But don't disparage King for not knowing that Batman's real lover is Silver St Cloud.

Last edited by mrbrklyn; 07-08-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Incredible Member

What are you talking about? This thread talked about a story that King wrote. His inconsistent writing is relevant to the discussion. If you don’t like it then go to another thread. It’s that easy.

BANNED

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    I stopped reading Batman after the Bane fiasco, and then the completely unneeded death in the family. Your complaints seem not as grand as those alterations in the character those previous changes. If you don't like it, don't buy it and complain to DC. But don't disparage King for not knowing that Batman's real lover is Silvia St Cloud.

I’m not even sure what you’re talking about. The problem isn’t changing the character, it’s that he’s not even written consistently in all of the titles he’s currently appearing in. That’s a problem. And who said anything about Silver?

Ha, for some reason the picture didn’t even show up when I originally responded. I was really confused.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    The problem isn’t changing the character, it’s that he’s not even written consistently in all of the titles he’s currently appearing in..
    All the great writers do that. What do you think happened when O'Neil and Adams took over the Brave and the Bold. The fans where writing in and complaining to the Detective Comics editorial staff that the Real Batman was in B&B!

Every great writer and artist put a unique stamp on the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    In issue #19, Batman says Bane "hanged the boys... hanged my son from a rock in a cave."

I haven't seen the tweet that everyone in this thread is talking about but it seems to directly contradict the actual story. The comics give every indication that those are the real Dick, Jason, and Damian.
    He answered a tweet about the topic and his answer lead to confusion. Anyways, it was made before the release of the comic where Bruce states that Bane hanged the boys. I thought that those weren’t the boys after reading that tweet, but someone pointed to me that King’s answer could be read in two ways. At the end, I was wrong and the other way of reading it was the correct. I’m sorry for being so ambiguous, but I can’t recall exactly what the Tweet said
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post

I remember this line, too, but King said different. Can it be figurative speaching? 'Cause, looking at the two panels, something seems wrong.
    In the last panel of Batman #16 the three of them are shirtless, hanged, and with their masks on. In Batman #17 they are totally dressed (Damian has the cowl, too) but unmasked, and nobody shows sings of a fight or an hanging. I found it really hard to figure out Bruce and Alfred who undress them, put them on a new suit, throwing their mask and bringing them to the Fortess (or Bruce alone, considering that they were together with Claire, and I don't think he wanted to show her the true identity of the Robins or leave her alone while doing that.)
    What I think (and maybe I'm wrong) is that Bane put those bodies or dummies or whatever they are in the cave as a warning, so Bruce decided to went in search for them, found them searching for Bane etc etc. After all, why would have Bane spared them? And why hanging them in the cave while he could have use one of them in exchange for Psyco Pirate? It totally doesn't make sense, imho.
    But, you know, it's King. So everything is possible.
    Last edited by L.H.; 07-09-2018 at 05:01 AM.

BANNED

Or King simply changed his initial scene in the next issue due to whatever factors with the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Or King simply changed his initial scene in the next issue due to whatever factors with the audience.
    With bimonthly shipping, the next issues were likely already written and drawn before that issue had been released.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)