Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Default Rocky Balboa vs. the Wet Bandits

Rocky Balboa in his prime vs. Harry and Marv from the first two Home Alone movies.

A) in a bare knuckled brawl

B) they start off on opposite ends of the McAllister household and have to take each other out. Kevin's booby traps still in play, and he's attacking them indiscriminately.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Wait, you put a heavyweight boxer famous for punching RUSSIA OUT FROM THE COLD WAR, against two thugs with no offensive showings?

Yeah I'm guessing the Italian Stallion wins with a KO in record time.

Kevin ZIP lines to safety and escapes to the cops though.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

I'm still kinda woozy, and I figured that the Bandits have enough soak that they might be able to Homer Simpson their way through the fight for at least a little bit, anyways.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-22-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I figured that the Bandits have enough soak that they might be able to Hover Simpson their way through the fight for at least a little bit, anyways.
    That's a pretty good point. Marv in particular was practically a cartoon when it came to damage soak; surviving massive electric shocks, and blunt-force trauma which by all rights should have caved in his skull.
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Eh, old scary neighbor guy knocked both of them out cold with a shovel, and IIRC there were several times they were knocked out for at least short periods of time due to bad falls or being hit in the head via various comedic violence. IOWs, Rocky, who could likely eat a dozen shovel blows without changing facial expression, should easilly be able to pound through their soak.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Rocky, who could likely eat a dozen shovel blows without changing facial expression
    To be fair, that's because his face already looks like it's taken several dozen shovel blows.
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Even if they do have better soak(not that I'm saying they do) there is no way Harry and Marv are going to outfight a heavyweight champion boxer.

Rocky keeps punching at both Marv and Harry.

"WHY WON'T YOU DIE?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Even if they do have better soak(not that I'm saying they do) there is no way Harry and Marv are going to outfight a heavyweight champion boxer.
    Admittedly, their only real option is to eat punches until Rocky runs out of steam, but considering the old neighbor guy only KO'd the two of them (possibly from surprise) after they each walked off enough damage to kill a Buick, they might be able to last that long, especially since it's two on one.

Note: I don't remember if they carried any firearms, but for the second fight the competitors are limited to whatever weapons they find in the house.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Admittedly, their only real option is to eat punches until Rocky runs out of steam, but considering the old neighbor guy only KO'd the two of them (possibly from surprise) after they each walked off enough damage to kill a Buick, they might be able to last that long, especially since it's two on one.

Note: I don't remember if they carried any firearms, but for the second fight the competitors are limited to whatever weapons they find in the house.
    I recall that Harry did carry a gun in the second film...Which he reveals after all the crap he and Marv went through. Does make sense when you figure he finally had enough of the Hell Kevin puts him through.

Ya know, I forgot just how looney tunes the original two Home Alones were, though they're being a bit... okay they're being WAYYYYYY worst case scenario in those diagnoses, a lot of what they describe as crippling or lethal injury would in many if not most cases be extremely painful but perfectly walkawayable albeit needing stitches or a good couple days in bed(and an admittedly heavy dose of concussion). Basically the human body's a bit tougher than what they're giving it credit for. In their Die hard review they call dislocated shoulder because Mcclane bashes it through some dry wall for crying out loud.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-22-2014 at 07:32 PM.

BANNED

What I'm taking away from this thread is that the Old Man Marley can kick the ever loving hell out of Rocky Balboa if we call his shovel standard equipment.

We should also point out that if they were to do Rocky 4 every time Drago punches him in the face it'd be "severe facial fracture, Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussion, brain aneurysm and rupture, Rocky is Dead"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    What I'm taking away from this thread is that the Old Man Marley can kick the ever loving hell out of Rocky Balboa if we call his shovel standard equipment.
    Yea, but can any of them end this cow?